Author Topic: Analysis: Trump campaign has spent $0 on television advertising vs Clinton's $52 million  (Read 873 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: THE HILL

URL: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290834-analysis-trump-campaign-has-spent-0-on-television

by:  Jonathan Easley

Less than 100 days before the general election, Donald Trump has still not spent a dime on television advertising, even as Hillary Clinton floods the airwaves with tens of millions of dollars in ad spending.

According to an analysis by NBC News, the Democratic presidential nominee's campaign has spent $52 million on television ads, many of which have been concentrated in the battleground states that will be critical in determining the outcome of the election.

The Trump campaign, by comparison, has spent zero dollars.

Even the two third-party presidential candidates, Green Party nominee Jill Stein and Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson, have outspent Trump, the GOP nominee. Stein’s campaign has spent $189,000, while Johnson’s campaign has spent $15,000.

When outside groups are factored in, Clinton's advantage over Trump grows to $91 million to $8.2 million in TV ad spending.

The largest pro-Clinton super-PAC, Priorities USA, has spent $37 million. 

Meanwhile, the largest pro-Trump super-PAC, Rebuilding America Now, has spent $5 million. The National Rifle Association has spent $3.2 million in TV advertising for Trump.

The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment.

His campaign has released several ads but has only pushed them on social media so far.

It's not for lack of money — the Trump campaign raised $80 million in July and finished the month with $37 million on hand.

Offline Night Hides Not

So you're telling me Twitter's not enough for a Presidential campaign?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

Its that 6 dimensional chess again. Political brilliance at work.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline Night Hides Not

Here's the video game for "Six Dimensional Chess, Trump Version":

The two gentlemen are senior strategists, taking a break from toiling in the Trump War Room.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline ConstitutionRose

So he's raised enough to pay back the loans he made to his primary campaign.  I keep reading and hearing complaints that there are no boots on the ground even in battleground states, so it doesn't seem he is spending it on staff.  What is he doing with the money?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 06:00:44 pm by ConstitutionRose »
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline kevindavis007

So he's raised enough to pay back the loans he made to his primary campaign.  I keep reading and hearing company's that there are no boots on the ground even in battleground states, so it doesn't seem he is spending it on staff.  What is he doing with the money?

That is the million dollar question..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
So he's raised enough to pay back the loans he made to his primary campaign.  I keep reading and hearing company's that there are no boots on the ground even in battleground states, so it doesn't seem he is spending it on staff.  What is he doing with the money?

He can't repay himself for his loans. He wrote them off not long before the convention (and about 4 months after he should have). I'm not factoring in that many of his campaign expenses during the primary were disbursed to Trump businesses - that's an old story.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ArneFufkin

Apparently he couldn't find a way to run any advertising money through one of his companies.

Offline ConstitutionRose

He can't repay himself for his loans. He wrote them off not long before the convention (and about 4 months after he should have). I'm not factoring in that many of his campaign expenses during the primary were disbursed to Trump businesses - that's an old story.

Last I read, the paperwork on the loans had not been filed.  So I assumed that money was still a loan.  I had forgotten fir the moment the campaign paying for services and personnel to Trump companies.  Maybe he is going to use the monies that way.  Make running for office profitable.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.