Author Topic: BREAKING: Hosts of Presidential Debates Advised to Prepare 3rd Podium  (Read 11925 times)

Offline unknown

Re: BREAKING: Hosts of Presidential Debates Advised to Prepare 3rd Podium
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2016, 09:02:33 pm »
You are misrepresenting mystery.  But I don't care.  She can speak for herself.  I didn't bow to Jim Robinson and I won't bow to anyone here.  Your argument is a "mommy says you have to do what I say..." kind of argument.  Hint:  There is no mommy here.  The rules are that we do not have to agree.  So enjoy your dreadful thug of a candidate.  When he loses, he and his supporters own it in the same way Romney owned his loss and McCain his.

You are kinda sideways misinterpreting a lot of us as it relates to Trump.

"So enjoy your dreadful thug of a candidate.  When he loses, he and his supporters own it in the same way Romney owned his loss and McCain his."

He wasn't my candidate. I voted for Cruz. I wanted Cruz. So when you say, "When he loses, he and his supporters own it .." I believe you are confusing two things:
1) people that have been all in for Trump for the beginning, and,
2) people that wanted someone else, but have come to the realization that this election is now down to two people - Hillary or Trump; and this group is supporting Trump.

I could agree with you, possibly, for the group #1 above. I do not agree with you for the group #2 above.

So when you say, "When he loses, he and his supporters own it in the same way Romney owned his loss and McCain his," I don't agree with this statement because there are many people in group #2.

Trump wasn't my candidate, Trump is now my candidate. Kinda sucks, he is a "dreadful thug of a candidate."

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2016, 09:04:05 pm »
You are misrepresenting mystery.  But I don't care.  She can speak for herself.  I didn't bow to Jim Robinson and I won't bow to anyone here.  Your argument is a "mommy says you have to do what I say..." kind of argument.  Hint:  There is no mommy here.  The rules are that we do not have to agree.  So enjoy your dreadful thug of a candidate.  When he loses, he and his supporters own it in the same way Romney owned his loss and McCain his.  It is not my duty to submit to political party power.  It is my duty to vote only for appropriate candidates of good moral character, proper background, knowledge, wisdom and temperament.  Anything less betrays my duty to God, country, and my fellow man.

BRAVA!!

Your parallel with "mommy says you have to do what I say" is PERFECT.  That is exactly what the argument was.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2016, 09:04:36 pm »
Totally off topic, but I was wondering, how many here who are saying that 'you have to vote for Trump, if you don't you are supporting Hillary' or something or another, would be saying that if Jeb! was the nominee?

I would bet many would be #NeverJebbers and talking about a third party.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2016, 09:12:46 pm »
I agree with all your posts.  I stopped saying it so much because I would look silly saying it about every post.  LOL!  When you are on a roll I don't want to be a distraction.

We are very effective parallel warriors for truth.  :beer:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline unknown

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2016, 09:23:26 pm »
I know the question is not aimed at me, but I would easily vote for Jeb before Trump.  I would have been #NeverKasich just because of the social issues.  Same for a couple of others -- same reason.

I would have been #NeverKasich for the same reasons, plus I find him no different than democrats.
I would have been #NeverJeb I find him no different than democrats.
I was #NeverMcCain, I find him no different than democrats; CR rating of 34, "F". No better than the democrats.
I was #NeverRomney, I find him no different than democrats.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2016, 09:30:06 pm »
@musiclady
 My ethics are intact and I do not lie.   

Except when you do! Which is ALL the time! but You ARE quite deluded!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2016, 09:35:14 pm »
I would have been #NeverKasich for the same reasons, plus I find him no different than democrats.
I would have been #NeverJeb I find him no different than democrats.
I was #NeverMcCain, I find him no different than democrats; CR rating of 34, "F". No better than the democrats.
I was #NeverRomney, I find him no different than democrats.
And I'm #Never Trump, I find him to be a Democrat.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2016, 09:42:19 pm »
Totally off topic, but I was wondering, how many here who are saying that 'you have to vote for Trump, if you don't you are supporting Hillary' or something or another, would be saying that if Jeb! was the nominee?

I would bet many would be #NeverJebbers and talking about a third party.

Would vote for Jeb! in heartbeat.  Even George P! Bush is supporting Trump.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2016, 09:43:14 pm »
Except when you do! Which is ALL the time! but You ARE quite deluded!

Oh, thanks for responding to that and quoting it, Bigun! 

I have RiV on permanent IGNORE because her ethics are significantly challenged as evidenced by the entirely false charges she continues to make against those of us with values that don't change with the political winds.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2016, 09:45:58 pm »
Lets not bash ML.   We need to hope that the Bernies fragment the left vote faster than our side does.

Am thinking of the folks that stayed home and allowed McCain and Romney to fail.

@musiclady

« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 10:16:41 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2016, 09:46:44 pm »
@musiclady

This is a long way to get to my point:  My ethics are intact and I do not lie.   As Music Lady well knows.

RiV... you and I have never tangled but I have to tell you, that post is toxic and doesn't belong here.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline unknown

« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2016, 09:50:24 pm »
And I'm #Never Trump, I find him to be a Democrat.

I understand your position.

What policies that Trump has stated during this election process that you find him to be a Democrat?

Offline skeeter

Offline musiclady

« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2016, 09:55:32 pm »
My, my you are one nasty so-and-so.

Yeah.......... my beloved husband of 40 years, my loving family, my dear friends and everyone I know agrees.

I'm pretty much a worthless human being.

And OLD too!   :dx1:

OH, sorry!......... I thought you were kidding about ME, @skeeter!   I'll leave this post up, though, because the words against me are worth being laughed at......... again.

If anyone wants to read them, they're still there in LonestarDream's quote.  I actually hope people here do see them. 

They're revealing, to say the least.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 10:03:17 pm by musiclady »

Offline Mod2

« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2016, 10:05:15 pm »
Locked.

You were warned. Bottom of page 2.

Cut the insults.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2016, 10:05:44 pm »
I just removed several posts here ...normally I would wait for a post report to act but I thought these posts were so bad I intervened.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 11:22:56 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2016, 11:28:21 pm »
Oh, thanks for responding to that and quoting it, Bigun! 

I have RiV on permanent IGNORE because her ethics are significantly challenged as evidenced by the entirely false charges she continues to make against those of us with values that don't change with the political winds.

I quoted only a very small portion because I didn't want to pollute the place with it twice.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2016, 11:50:41 pm »
I quoted only a very small portion because I didn't want to pollute the place with it twice.

Thanks, friend!  If I had seen it myself, I would have reported it, but I have definitely had my "IGNORE" choice confirmed.  :patriot:

I'm staying away from making any comments about her for a while.

It's better that way.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2016, 11:56:15 pm »
Exactly.

It is a positive development for Hillary, who is losing badly, and will lose the election badly. She needs another Ross Perot to help her get elected.

You do realize that well-designed opinion polls are actually a measure of the likelihood of electoral success, and at present it is Trump who is losing badly -- not just down in national polls, but well behind where Romney was in many states.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2016, 12:20:58 am »
I'll leave the consequences in God's hands.  IMO, we are suffering divine judgment no matter which corrupt loser wins.  The disaster will happen but not with my help.

Again, I agree with your post.  Divine judgement is upon us.

Offline unknown

« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2016, 12:22:15 am »
You do realize that well-designed opinion polls are actually a measure of the likelihood of electoral success, and at present it is Trump who is losing badly -- not just down in national polls, but well behind where Romney was in many states.

Agreed.

I question whether they are well-designed opinion polls.

There are many instances of polls being just flat out wrong, possibly the Reagan election.

Or, worse, there are many instances where the polls are used to influence the election, possibly the Reagan election.

Or, worse, there are many instances where fake polls are developed to influence the election and treat candidates horribly. 

"Here is an absolute fake CNN poll that Anderson Cooper tried to ambush Trump with.

Trump told Anderson Cooper that this is why the people don't trust the media like CNN and they don't trust Anderson Cooper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZhXMdkDFog

So I am very cynical of any poll, as are many, many other people.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2016, 12:26:16 am »
Thanks, friend!  If I had seen it myself, I would have reported it, but I have definitely had my "IGNORE" choice confirmed.  :patriot:

I'm staying away from making any comments about her for a while.

It's better that way.

Demonization of skeptics and stigmatization of dissent have been staples of Progressive politics for a century now. To see such poisonous tactics wholly embraced by Trumpist Republicans ought to be disheartening, and even depressing to all who still aspire to the values Americans once largely shared, in spite of their differences.

Free people, those possessed of open minds and a thirst for knowledge may yet have and ought to have strong opinions. But they ought never engage in ad hominem attacks in lieu of rational argument. Let us leave such modes of false argumentation, including straw men, inversion of cause and effect, and false dichotomies to those who have no other intellectual recourse in support of their propositions but to insult, degrade and dishonestly accuse.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2016, 12:28:06 am »
Yet, the debate would be between Trump, Clinton, and possibly, Johnson.
Still, here is a Cruz mention.
I remember Cruz!  Isn't he the one who dropped out in May, and has not criticized Trump one time since?
He said something about voting your conscience at the convention, as I recall.
Yeah, that's the guy. If Trump people will not get past Cruz now, they will never get past Clinton in November.  It won't happen.  Count on it.
@GrouchoTex
Ignore RIV's trash talk; that is all she can do.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 12:28:47 am by Victoria33 »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2016, 12:28:15 am »
Again, I agree with your post.  Divine judgement is upon us.

Why?  What did we do? 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2016, 12:30:24 am »
Agreed.

I question whether they are well-designed opinion polls.

There are many instances of polls being just flat out wrong, possibly the Reagan election.

Or, worse, there are many instances where the polls are used to influence the election, possibly the Reagan election.

Or, worse, there are many instances where fake polls are developed to influence the election and treat candidates horribly. 

"Here is an absolute fake CNN poll that Anderson Cooper tried to ambush Trump with.

Trump told Anderson Cooper that this is why the people don't trust the media like CNN and they don't trust Anderson Cooper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZhXMdkDFog

So I am very cynical of any poll, as are many, many other people.

Polls in 2012 were dead-on accurate, as were most polls during the primaries.  I can understand the Trump supporters not liking what the polls are saying now, but the likelihood is that, even if the numbers are off, Trump is getting beaten and will get beaten very badly in November.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.