Author Topic: The Establishment floats another squish as Cruz challenger  (Read 3409 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: The Establishment floats another squish as Cruz challenger
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2016, 12:54:40 am »
Seems to me that the GOPe has [McCaul] in the palm of their hands.

He got caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Fantom

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2016, 01:07:24 am »
Run off??? Just a fair process would have been more than sufficient for that!

It is one thing to vote 17.... it is another for the one with less than 50% of that vote  to represent.

That is not deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

That is rigged.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2016, 01:11:27 am »

It is one thing to vote 17.... it is another for the one with less than 50% of that vote  to represent.

That is not deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

That is rigged.

Exactly my point! And when the delegates to the convention tried to stand up and correct the error they were run over completely!  Told to shut up and sit down and like it!  THAT is why I'm no longer a Republican!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2016, 01:15:38 am »
Exactly my point! And when the delegates to the convention tried to stand up and correct the error they were run over completely!  Told to shut up and sit down and like it!  THAT is why I'm no longer a Republican!

I am a freedom man. Very limited government. It is needed...like fire.

I'll cast my vote, and bear such arms as I may(should that time come), to advance that.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2016, 03:47:32 am »
Any representative would see a senate seat as a promotion. And of course the GOPe would use all the resources at their disposal to replace Cruz with a establishment tool - to them a principled, high profile constitutionalist like Cruz is a loose cannon they cannot afford to allow to wander around in their sequestered privileged world saying and doing embarrassing things. Everything is at stake for them.

They will need to run a lot faster to get ahead of Ted Cruz.

I suspect within 6 months of any tRump Administration, the RNC/GOPe will be running for cover and trying everything in the book to erase their stinky self-serving ties with tRump from America's memory.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2016, 03:56:51 am »
Uttering platitudes, in the end, he's just another Washington politician, low on actual concrete achievements, just words.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2016, 04:01:35 am »
Uttering platitudes, in the end, he's just another Washington politician, low on actual concrete achievements, just words.

8detect8
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2016, 04:15:03 am »

The same can be said for Trump. I'm sorry. He did achieve one thing. He took a massive inheritance and a roladex of connections from his father and became a reality star.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2016, 10:32:20 am »
  8detect8

All I've got to say to idiots who say Ted Cruz hasn't done anything in the Senate is, "What have the successful senators done?"

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2016, 12:58:31 pm »
All I've got to say to idiots who say Ted Cruz hasn't done anything in the Senate is, "What have the successful senators done?"

Obviously those that make such statements about Cruz haven't done a shred of research.  If they did, they would realize how foolish they look.  They are merely relying on the liberal MSM, Trump talking points and their own ignorance.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2016, 01:16:09 pm »
Obviously those that make such statements about Cruz haven't done a shred of research.  If they did, they would realize how foolish they look.  They are merely relying on the liberal MSM, Trump talking points and their own ignorance.

I'm still a constitutional conservative who doesn't see government "doing things" as a good thing.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2016, 01:31:00 pm »

Hillary did get a name change on a building...
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline thackney

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2016, 01:41:55 pm »
Why would McCaul have to give up his House seat to run in the GOP primary against Cruz?

Is there a rule in Texas about that?

He could not run in the primary for both the House Seat and the Senate seat in the same election.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/EL/htm/EL.141.htm

Sec. 141.033.  FILING APPLICATIONS FOR MORE THAN ONE OFFICE PROHIBITED.  (a)  A candidate may not file applications for a place on the ballot for two or more offices that:
(1)  are not permitted by law to be held by the same person;  and
(2)  are to be voted on at one or more elections held on the same day.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline skeeter

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2016, 02:19:18 pm »

So you've given up on trying to sell your candidate and have taken to jut tossing stink bombs now?