Author Topic: Sean Trende: Can GOP House & Senate Candidates Separate Themselves From Trump?  (Read 416 times)

Offline ScottinVA

RCP elections analyst Sean Trende speaks with MSNBC's Chris Hayes about the effect Donald Trump is having on Republican Senate candidates. "This entire election is like a fascinating political science experiment," he said. "Maybe we do really live in a simulation."

"Generally speaking the rule is going to be that if Trump tanks, he is going to take Republican Senate candidates with him," Trende said.

"If Trump is losing by 7 or 8 points the House is definitely in play and at risk for Republicans," he noted.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/08/05/sean_trende_can_gop_senate_candidates_separate_themselves_from_trump.html

They'd better.

As Trump continues to crash and burn, it's time for down-ticket candidates to jump away as far and as fast as they can.  Any connection to Trump will severely damage their chances in November.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
They'd better.

As Trump continues to crash and burn, it's time for down-ticket candidates to jump away as far and as fast as they can.  Any connection to Trump will severely damage their chances in November.

I couldn't agree more!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien