Author Topic: Evan McMullin’s Presidential Run Could Potentially Blow Up the Republican Party  (Read 2728 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That ship left the harbor when Cruz was thrown overboard by the raging pack animals known as Trumpeteers.

With the very willing aid of the GOPe!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

That ship left the harbor when Cruz was thrown overboard by the raging pack animals known as Trumpeteers.

Correct.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Not going to happen.  He's already missed the deadline for filing in 26 states.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/08/here-is-why-nevertrump-candidate-evan-mcmullin-is-too-late-to-get-in-the-game

You don't need 50 state ballot access. What the third parties need is just enough key states they can be strong in to keep the two primary candidates from reaching 270 electoral votes (for example, Johnson winning New Mexico and Stein winning New Hampshire and Massachusetts could do it).  This would push the decision to the House (for the president) and Senate (for the VP). Think of it as an emergency reset button. Imagine a scenario where neither major party reaches 270, Hillary starts to have very bad medical issues and Trump has a mental breakdown or throws it in. The House then can choose from those who have electoral votes and you may have a decent reset. If the House can't come to an agreement on the President, but the Senate does agree on a VP (Pence for example), then the VP is sworn in as President (18th Amendment) until the House can come to an agreement.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 06:48:55 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

Go back to TOS, where Hitler comparisons are welcomed.

Oddly enough, I got banned from TOS for allegedly calling Trump supporters Nazis.  The irony!
#NeverTrump = #HillarySupremeCourt
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
All these third party candidates are going to split the vote meaning the effect on the main frontrunners will be negligible.