Author Topic: Report: Justice Department declined FBI request to investigate Clinton Foundation  (Read 329 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: WASHINGTON EXAMINER

URL: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/report-justice-department-declined-fbi-request-to-investigate-clinton-foundation/article/2599032

by: Sarah Westwood

Justice Department officials decided against an investigation into the Clinton Foundation after the FBI requested the agency open a case into allegations of corruption stemming from Hillary Clinton's tenure as secretary of state.

But the Justice Department's public integrity unit declined to pursue the probe given what it characterized as insufficient evidence, according to a CNN report Wednesday.

The State Department's seemingly preferrential treatment of foundation donors under Clinton's leadership has raised questions about whether she and her aides ignored conflicts of interest in order to help the charity's most generous donors. Emails made public this week have deepened suspicions that donors were afforded access and favors that other outsiders could not get from the agency.

FBI Director James Comey declined to comment last month on whether the FBI's reported investigation of the Clinton Foundation had concluded with a separate probe into Clinton's emails. For months, reports had hinted at a widening FBI inquiry related to the philanthropy's foreign activities.

The Justice Department did not immediately return a request for comment.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
To quote that famous famous American Gomer Pyle "Surprise! Surprise!  Surprise!"
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 06:47:25 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
"Justice" department- if only......
Principles matter. Words matter.