Author Topic: Pence: Christians, Jews Would Be Included In Trump’s Territorial Terrorism Ban  (Read 1339 times)

Offline sinkspur

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/pence-christians-jews-would-be-included-in-trumps-territoria?utm_term=.kykYkO0jQ#.wrn6Wgzyl

Pence: Christians, Jews Would Be Included In Trump’s Territorial Terrorism Ban

“So suspending that program from those countries, I think is in the best interest of the security of our people.”

posted on Aug. 8, 2016, at 2:13 p.m.

Andrew Kaczynski

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence said Donald Trump’s new “expanded” ban would include not just Muslims, but Christians and Jews from countries with a history of terrorism.

“We should temporarily suspend immigration from countries that have been compromised by terrorism, which I think is altogether fitting and appropriate,” Pence said. “When you look at the Syrian refugee program — we had another incident in Belgium over the weekend — the simple fact is that both our Homeland Security and F.B.I. have said there are countries like Syria where people are coming in through routine means, the refugees program and otherwise and we can simply not know who they are for sure. So suspending that program from those countries, I think is in the best interest of the security of our people.”

Pence was asked if this meant the program would include Jewish and Christians citizens of those countries and he reiterated again the policy was based on countries where terrorism existed.

“I think what you heard in the convention speech, what we talked about out on the stump is that we would temporarily suspend from countries or from territories if you will – the caliphate obviously of ISIS expands beyond one country – but to say that individuals that come from regions or countries that have been compromised by terrorism, that we would expand that immigration. I think that’s appropriate until we develop a new vetting system.”

Trump said on Meet the Press last month his proposal which now included anyone “from any nation that has been compromised by terrorism” was actually an “expansion” of his total ban on Muslim immigration.

Pence noted his attempts to stop Syrian refugee resettlement in Indiana. Despite Obama administration efforts to dramatically increase the numbers of refugees from the Syrian conflict, far fewer have actually made it through vetting. The U.S. system for accepting refugees is significantly stricter than the European system.

Notably, Pence spoke out against Trump’s proposed ban on Muslims entering the United States last year. Last year, he tweeted that, “Calls to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. are offensive and unconstitutional.”

“As the record reflects, when that topic came up — I think it was the better part of a half a year ago or more — I made my position on that clear and the concerns that I expressed,” Pence said Monday of Trump’s proposed ban on Muslim’s entering the United States.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Trump has extended his ban to fleeing Middle Eastern Christians and Jews as well.

Offline sinkspur

So we should now be worried about Christian terrorists?  Jewish terrorists? 

I can't imagine evangelicals being happy about this.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Real evangelicals wouldn't be. The fake Trump ones, probably don't care.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I guess it all depends on whether you think you can tell the Christians and the Jews from the Muslims in the first place.
Mind you, past administrations have used religious tests for immigration.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

geronl

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence said Donald Trump’s new “expanded” ban would include not just Muslims, but Christians and Jews from countries with a history of terrorism

In other words, the oppressed and oppressors will both be punished. Just like when a school suspends a bully AND the victim.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Italy announces arrest of Slovenian in anti-terror operation
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0d25e2e9facf46358785cf374b27a183/italy-announces-arrest-slovenian-anti-terror-operation

MILAN (AP) — Italy's interior minister has announced the arrest of a Slovenian suspected of being part of an international terrorist organization.

Slovenia courts to rule on terror suspect wanted by Italy
http://www.startribune.com/slovenia-courts-to-rule-on-terror-suspect-wanted-by-italy/378618391/
LJUBLJANA, Slovenia — Slovenian courts are expected to rule in the coming days whether to extradite a Slovenian citizen wanted in Italy for allegedly being part of an international terrorist organization.

The 26-year-old Zavbi is accused of helping to recruit and radicalize foreign fighters. Italy's interior minister, Angelino Alfano, has said the arrest was coordinated by prosecutors in Venice.

Zavbi has denied the charges. Slovenian police say they have no evidence linking Zavbi to terror groups.

Based on this, why shouldn’t Melania be deported?

:pondering:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

HonestJohn

According to Trump, if a country suffers from terrorism... no one from that country may enter the US.

The UK has had terrorist attacks on its soil... Trump would ban Britons from the US.
France has has had terrorist attacks on its soil... Trump would ban the French from the US.
Germany has had terrorist attacks on its soil... Trump would ban Germans from the US.
Spain has had terrorist attacks on its soil... Trump would ban Spanish from the US.
Israel has had terrorist attacks on its soil... Trump would ban Israelis from the US.
Japan has had terrorist attacks on its soil... Trump would ban the Japanese from the US.
China has had terrorist attacks on its soil... Trump would ban Chinese from the US.

From what country, pray tell, *WOULD* Trump allow people to visit?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Man, Pence has the worst job in the country right now... I'd rather work at McDonalds then have to explain away all of Trumpy the clown's many gaffes and idiocies.

Offline libertybele

Man, Pence has the worst job in the country right now... I'd rather work at McDonalds then have to explain away all of Trumpy the clown's many gaffes and idiocies.

I really question why Pence accepted this position. He first endorsed Cruz ... then he accepts a VP position from Trump??  His career is over if Trump loses the general (which by all indicators he will). The only thing I can think of is he was bought; Pence has a net worth of $150,000 -- not much as far as politicians go and he is considerably young, he's only 57. Maybe early retirement sounded pretty darn good to him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fantom

I guess it all depends on whether you think you can tell the Christians and the Jews from the Muslims in the first place.
Mind you, past administrations have used religious tests for immigration.

Right, that should be a fairly easy vetting.

Likewise , obama is already discriminating against Christians.. doubt there are many Jews in said lands.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

I really question why Pence accepted this position. He first endorsed Cruz ... then he accepts a VP position from Trump??  His career is over if Trump loses the general (which by all indicators he will). The only thing I can think of is he was bought; Pence has a net worth of $150,000 -- not much as far as politicians go and he is considerably young, he's only 57. Maybe early retirement sounded pretty darn good to him.

Pence was over in Indiana most likely anyways.

To make the best of a bad situation... someone had to be VP. It certainly was not going to be someone with a real future in Conservative politics. Which leaves a Pence type.... or a Christy type.

I am glad of the former.

So, should the election go Trump.... then it is good. And if not..then not much loss.

I will say, that trump has made the moves..Heritage on policy...Pence at VP.. that I might acknowledge all is not lost. I have no doubt that is not trump.... but hope doth spring eternal.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 11:57:59 pm by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

His net worth is $150k? Yikes... maybe he's sucking up to Trump for the money?

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

Or, you know, maybe terrorists posing as Christians or Jews. 

But you understand that's the basis for this policy - you just prefer to point and yell to score a political point.  Careful, you will become that which you despise before this is all over.
#NeverTrump = #HillarySupremeCourt
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well I am going to pull an I told you so.  Freedom of religion is freedom of religion.  I said it before.  An attack on Constitutional freedom of religion is an open door for banning all religions.  I have said this so many times.  People (atheists) are probably drooling over the prospect of a Trump Presidency.  They know.  So does Trump.

Some people recognized this very early.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/11/donald-trump-muslims-christians/417255/
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 06:09:37 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Suppressed

People (atheists) are probably drooling over the prospect of a Trump Presidency.

Huh?

I'd bet that atheists would be one of the groups most strongly skewed against Trump!!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn