Author Topic: Scarborough: Independent Conservative Candidate With Lots of Cash to Enter 2016 Race  (Read 1191 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
by Alex Griswold
August 8, 2016

“I had multiple sources telling me last night that an independent with a the backing of a lot of Republican money is going to launch today. (…) I could be wrong… but several good sources told me that people– Republicans from let’s just say Never-Trump-land– found somebody and they’re going to put good money behind him.”

Excerpt. More, with video, at:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-independent-conservative-candidate-with-lots-of-cash-to-enter-2016-race/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
PLEASE let this be true!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

Joe's young ward, Mika kind of smirked at that.  Or was he passing gas?

Offline r9etb

“I had multiple sources telling me last night that an independent with a the backing of a lot of Republican money is going to launch today. (…) I could be wrong… but several good sources told me that people– Republicans from let’s just say Never-Trump-land– found somebody and they’re going to put good money behind him.”

At this point, I think any such candidate would have to be a write-in -- a steep uphill battle, but oddly  possible given the horridity of the two major party candidates.

Then again, if Trump ever pulls out of the race for any reason (a huge bribe sounds nice...) then this supposed candidate could be named as a replacement....

Offline ScottinVA

That's called "hearing voices," Joe.  There's medication for that, y'know.

Offline skeeter

by Alex Griswold
August 8, 2016

Excerpt. More, with video, at:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-independent-conservative-candidate-with-lots-of-cash-to-enter-2016-race/

Tanned rested & ready.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 02:21:05 pm by skeeter »

Offline r9etb

Tanned rested & ready.

Pat Paulsen!  Of Course!

Wingnut

Pat Paulsen!  Of Course!

He might have had a shot this year....

Offline r9etb

He might have had a shot this year....

I suppose the 25th Amendment addresses that pesky loophole about the president needing to be alive....

Offline GrouchoTex

Turns out that this maybe true.
Another report says it is a guy named  Evan McMullin

Offline r9etb

Turns out that this maybe true.
Another report says it is a guy named  Evan McMullin

Sigh.  Well, short-lived dreams are still dreams, aren't they?

Offline JustPassinThru

This is just the Hillarite Leftist mediuh trying to seal the deal...they think their old cow can do it, but they want insurance.

A write-in is NOT gonna work.  Too many voters are as clueless as these two candidates...the reflexively vote D or R with no thought or consideration.  Even in 1992, given the horrific choice between Mister Bland Insider, G.H.W. Bush, and the obviously criminal Arkansas governor...with Ross Perot running, someone who WAS a competent businessman and who DID have an articulated plan...even then, the vote was split in such a way that Bubba won with a 42-percent plurality.

This is what they want.  VICTORY.  They care not how; it's all about cheering for the Home Team.

Look.  I'm not arguing for or against.  We ARE gonna get Hillarized, unless God strikes her dead.  But this is the press pool going in for another round of urination into the political well.

Wingnut

I suppose the 25th Amendment addresses that pesky loophole about the president needing to be alive....

Details details!  :)

"I've upped my standards. Now, up yours."
-Pat Paulsen