Author Topic: Marco Rubio: No abortions for Zika-infected women  (Read 6018 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Marco Rubio: No abortions for Zika-infected women
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2016, 02:20:00 pm »
Haha.  I wasn't  trying to be argumentative.   I taught Government for many years and that question came up many times,  even from parents.  I'm used to explaining it that's all.   I still get a lot of questions from folks and that is one that people don't understand until it's explained. 

Not that I won't also debate someone on the subject also if they want to argue about it. Hahhahaha!

No problem, I take no offense, and it is a good argument, one that isn't easily solved.

Take war for example. I could make a case that it could be considered self defense on a grand scale, and there would be the moral argument to be made that it is still wrong.

No easy answers, that's for sure.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2016, 02:22:17 pm »
I wouldn't want a doc's opinion on my unborn. I say that as a moomy of three eight and under  ^-^

Great  post. Knowing  the right questions to ask is vital.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2016, 03:29:05 pm »
Maybe so, but it isn't Caesar's (civil government's) place to enforce morality.

You can't possibly be serious.  All laws "enforce morality" in one way or another.

What you're really saying is that governments choose to enforce, or not enforce, certain moral issues.