Author Topic: Marco Rubio: No abortions for Zika-infected women  (Read 6017 times)

Offline Dirt for sale

Re: Marco Rubio: No abortions for Zika-infected women
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2016, 04:29:06 am »
He is on the wrong side of militant pro-choice. The baby must be perfect or the baby is an error. Imperfect babies must be destroyed. Zika babies are like chunks of concrete lobbed from an overpass. They must be avoided at all costs.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2016, 04:32:01 am »
There is no separation of church and state in the constitution.

I will ask of you, as I have asked of The Jackal, what is the solution?
I am pro-life, even anti death penalty ( another subject for another day).
What is the solution?

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2016, 04:34:53 am »
What do you propose as a solution?

My solution is governmental and societal failure followed by civil war.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2016, 04:39:14 am »
My solution is governmental and societal failure followed by civil war.

So, your solution is more killing to stop the killing that is going on now?
Seems sort of.... Anti-productive (to be kind).
Why and how would this be a positive solution?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2016, 04:44:01 am »
Armchair warriors calling for a civil war.

:facepalm2:

Armchair? That's presumptuous. He could be sitting on a Davenport.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2016, 04:46:48 am »
Armchair? That's presumptuous. He could be sitting on a Davenport.
Or a hammock.

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2016, 04:52:44 am »
So, your solution is more killing to stop the killing that is going on now?
Seems sort of.... Anti-productive (to be kind).
Why and how would this be a positive solution?

If it came to that, then yes. I always asked this of Trump supporters: what good is a wall if its purpose is to only protect the evil that is contained within those walls? What good is a presidential election when it is now considered an 'under card bout' to the main event of confirming SCOTUS justices, who have become the real power in America? There is this tendency to believe that things will be better if only our side had the levers of power. But what good is that when the fundamental structures are broken?

There is no election, no piece of legislation, no SCOTUS ruling that will fix the sickness that the United States has infected itself with. Sure we can hope and pray that abortion will die a natural death, like some hoped slavery would. But history does not bear this out. So the only positive solution is to see the American project in its current form destroyed. If it rises from the ashes, learns from its mistakes and becomes a society and government that respects life then all the better. If not, then it will deserve its fate.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2016, 04:59:02 am »
If it came to that, then yes. I always asked this of Trump supporters: what good is a wall if its purpose is to only protect the evil that is contained within those walls? What good is a presidential election when it is now considered an 'under card bout' to the main event of confirming SCOTUS justices, who have become the real power in America? There is this tendency to believe that things will be better if only our side had the levers of power. But what good is that when the fundamental structures are broken?

There is no election, no piece of legislation, no SCOTUS ruling that will fix the sickness that the United States has infected itself with. Sure we can hope and pray that abortion will die a natural death, like some hoped slavery would. But history does not bear this out. So the only positive solution is to see the American project in its current form destroyed. If it rises from the ashes, learns from its mistakes and becomes a society and government that respects life then all the better. If not, then it will deserve its fate.

So after reading what you have written. You are okay to kill to stop others from being killed, am I correct?

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2016, 05:02:52 am »

So after reading what you have written. You are okay to kill to stop others from being killed, am I correct?

Why don't you re-read what you wrote. Is there something inherently wrong with that? I argue from the point of inevitability. See my response up thread about this culture of death and tell me I'm wrong. If you have a culture that has no respect for life then that's what you're going to get.   

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2016, 05:10:15 am »
Why don't you re-read what you wrote. Is there something inherently wrong with that? I argue from the point of inevitability. See my response up thread about this culture of death and tell me I'm wrong. If you have a culture that has no respect for life then that's what you're going to get.

And yet, I asked you a direct question, are you okay to kill to stop killing? Are you willing to be a participant in the"Culture of Death"?
I would assume so, based on your answer, so where does that leave you?
I would say, you are a very late term abortionist.

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2016, 05:29:55 am »
And yet, I asked you a direct question, are you okay to kill to stop killing? Are you willing to be a participant in the"Culture of Death"?

You're entitled to your opinion of course. But then I've noticed you can't actually rebut anything I've said. You want to play the liberal troll but ultimately you have no answers because everything I've described about this culture and the way the government currently operates is 100% true. A true pro-life conservative (even one who opposes the death penalty) would have attempted to make the case for a culture that increasingly respects life. But you can't. Because you know that's not true. So let me ask you, what's the end game? How does a nation survive that adopts a culture of death? Let's hear your argument. My argument is simple. All I have to do is point to Europe. Is it not a continent that is in a state of degradation heading towards civil strife?

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2016, 07:16:42 am »
Quote from: GrouchoTex link=topic=219660.msAbortg1007703#msg1007703 date=1470633015

Abortion is always wrong.  Period

But there are legitimate reasons to cause the death of an adult human being.  In regards to the death penalty, if God was against it, why did He pay it on our behalf?  He could have just said the death penalty is immoral or wrong and saved Himself a lot of grief

There are also just wars.  It is not a crime against God or man to fight such.  There is a difference between murder and killing.  Abortion is murder and is prohibited by God.  Killing is unfortunate but at times just and even necessary.
God is still in control

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2016, 12:38:40 pm »
Maybe so, but it isn't Caesar's (civil government's) place to enforce morality.  Divorce is immoral - let no man put asunder - but not only is it not illegal under most civil law, it is facilitated in many ways, such as no-fault divorce that requires nothing more than a simple filing with a court, and which can be granted even if the other spouse doesn't participate, so long as the filing spouse has lived in the state for a certain period of time.  The same goes for working on the sabbath.  We used to have all manner of so-called blue laws that enforced that religious rule; now, there are only a few remnants here and there.

Unless there is something that causes a breach of Caesar's peace, then the immorality of something is generally not a fit subject for Caesar's law.  That is for God's law, to be handled by God, not by man.

Forget the moral aspect: What about the unborn's rights that are being violated? The right to due process, the right to free speech, the right to be free from discrimination based, etc.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2016, 12:43:36 pm »
He is on the wrong side of militant pro-choice. The baby must be perfect or the baby is an error. Imperfect babies must be destroyed. Zika babies are like chunks of concrete lobbed from an overpass. They must be avoided at all costs.

It always amazes me how bass ackwards libs are. They scream for tolerance and acceptance of their beliefs and lifestyles, yet are so quick to slaughter the innocent for being imperfect. If somebody called Trigglypuff imperfect she would immediately scream about how her body doesn't need to conform to anybody else's definition of perfection. Zika baba? Abort.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2016, 12:48:29 pm »
You're entitled to your opinion of course. But then I've noticed you can't actually rebut anything I've said. You want to play the liberal troll but ultimately you have no answers because everything I've described about this culture and the way the government currently operates is 100% true. A true pro-life conservative (even one who opposes the death penalty) would have attempted to make the case for a culture that increasingly respects life. But you can't. Because you know that's not true. So let me ask you, what's the end game? How does a nation survive that adopts a culture of death? Let's hear your argument. My argument is simple. All I have to do is point to Europe. Is it not a continent that is in a state of degradation heading towards civil strife?

I do not disagree with you, except for one fine point.
All life taken at the hands of another human being is wrong, death penalty included.
I agree that a society that allows this is already on the road to ruin.
The only justification I can think of is self defense.
Liberal troll. I am not one.
frankly, I do not even know what that means, although I see the word Troll thrown around.

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2016, 01:32:46 pm »
I do not disagree with you, except for one fine point.
All life taken at the hands of another human being is wrong, death penalty included.
I agree that a society that allows this is already on the road to ruin.
The only justification I can think of is self defense.
Liberal troll. I am not one.
frankly, I do not even know what that means, although I see the word Troll thrown around.

Taking the life of another is "wrong" you say....by what standards? I mean, who says it's wrong?  (Stay with me here, I do have a point).

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2016, 01:37:41 pm »
Taking the life of another is "wrong" you say....by what standards? I mean, who says it's wrong?  (Stay with me here, I do have a point).

Okay, I'll bite, what do you mean?

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2016, 01:49:43 pm »
Okay, I'll bite, what do you mean?

You say it's wrong (killing).... I say where do you get your set of values from? 

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2016, 01:51:15 pm »
You say it's wrong (killing).... I say where do you get your set of values from?

I'd have to say the bible and my parents.

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2016, 01:53:58 pm »
I'd have to say the bible and my parents.

Ok then, like most of us.

Next question is how can the death penalty by govt be wrong, when God himself is the one who established it?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 01:54:36 pm by Drewsmum »

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2016, 01:56:28 pm »
I will ask of you, as I have asked of The Jackal, what is the solution?
I am pro-life, even anti death penalty ( another subject for another day).
What is the solution?

Pardon my memory lapse here, but solution to what exactly?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2016, 01:56:49 pm »
Ok. Then like most of us.

Next question is how can the death penalty by govt be wrong, when God himself is the one who established it?

Good question, but I would have to go with Jesus and "love your enemy", which kind of overwrote the old testament Eye for an Eye, in my not-so-scholarly opinion.

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2016, 02:02:12 pm »
Good question, but I would have to go with Jesus and "love your enemy", which kind of overwrote the old testament Eye for an Eye, in my not-so-scholarly opinion.

I'm not a scholar.   However Jesus was talking to individuals there. Not nations or Governments.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2016, 02:06:57 pm »
I'm not a scholar.   However Jesus was talking to individuals there. Not nations or Governments.

Okay, fair enough.
I don't really have a good answer, that I can back up with biblical or historical references, I admit that.
My only answer is a personal one, that I think it is wrong to take life except in self defense.

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2016, 02:12:38 pm »
Okay, fair enough.
I don't really have a good answer, that I can back up with biblical or historical references, I admit that.
My only answer is a personal one, that I think it is wrong to take life except in self defense.

Haha.  I wasn't  trying to be argumentative.   I taught Government for many years and that question came up many times,  even from parents.  I'm used to explaining it that's all.   I still get a lot of questions from folks and that is one that people don't understand until it's explained. 

Not that I won't also debate someone on the subject also if they want to argue about it. Hahhahaha! 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 02:13:59 pm by Drewsmum »