Author Topic: Write In Candidates ?? Anyone?  (Read 3599 times)

HonestJohn

Re: Write In Candidates ?? Anyone?
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2016, 12:20:10 am »
Very nice

The only question is whether General Zod can stop Cthulhu.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 12:21:13 am by HonestJohn »

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2016, 12:33:50 am »
So I've tossed this around as well.  If you want to make a statement about the two party nominees, it may be most effective to show that you cared enough to vote, but that Trump was unacceptable.  Hold your nose and vote for a third party candidate, or write in, if your state accepts.  That way the Republican-Democrat percentage is reduced.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2016, 12:36:28 am »
If the write-in does not qualify as Cruz may not in FL, I don't know of any reason they would disqualify the down ballot as well. Same with not properly choosing a president "the hanging chads" did not disqualify the remaing ballot. But if in doubt, write in Navycando, and I will appoint Cruz as my VP.

Thank you makes sense.  Navy, I have no doubt you'd be better than Trump or Hillary.   :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2016, 12:37:35 am »
@libertybele

I taught Texas Election Law for 10 years in Texas and I am familiar with other states' laws.  Your selection or write-in, lawful or not, for President, stops with that selection and will have no bearing on your down ballot choices.  Don't worry about that.

Ok.  Thank you so much; that was one of my big concerns.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2016, 12:40:37 am »
He qualified for the primary.

Exactly.  That's how I was interrupting that sentence as well.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2016, 01:40:01 am »
Will down ballot vote instead I guess.
@catfish1957
@Texas Yellow Rose

A number of years ago, Texas put a stop to writing anyone in.  Now, to be a write-in candidate, the candidate must apply to be a write-in candidate by a certain deadline.  Those candidates who become write-in candidates will be listed in your voting booth and those are the only write-in votes allowed.  No longer can you write-in "Mickey Mouse".  :o)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 01:43:15 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2016, 01:42:53 am »
So I've tossed this around as well.  If you want to make a statement about the two party nominees, it may be most effective to show that you cared enough to vote, but that Trump was unacceptable.  Hold your nose and vote for a third party candidate, or write in, if your state accepts.  That way the Republican-Democrat percentage is reduced.

BINGO!!

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2016, 01:47:31 am »
I'd like to write in Calvin Cooledge, but I will stick with the living and Write in Ted Cruz, maybe. I don't know yet.