Author Topic: Cotton: Clinton discussed executed Iranian scientist on email  (Read 928 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Cotton: Clinton discussed executed Iranian scientist on email
« on: August 07, 2016, 06:25:25 pm »
By Jacqueline Klimas

Hillary Clinton recklessly discussed, in emails hosted on her private server, an Iranian nuclear scientist who was executed by Iran for treason, Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., said Sunday.

"I'm not going to comment on what he may or may not have done for the United States government, but in the emails that were on Hillary Clinton's private server, there were conversations among her senior advisors about this gentleman," he said on "Face the Nation." Cotton was speaking about Shahram Amiri, who gave information to the U.S. about Iran's nuclear program.

The senator said this lapse proves she is not capable of keeping the country safe.

"That goes to show just how reckless and careless her decision was to put that kind of highly classified information on a private server. And I think her judgment is not suited to keep this country safe," he said.

The revelation could cause further political damage to Clinton, who was already on the defensive Sunday after commenting oddly last week that she had "short-circuited" in a statement related to her honesty about the email scandal.

Republican nominee Donald Trump seized on the statement to question her mental stability.

Iran confirmed on Sunday that Amiri had been hanged for treason. He was convicted of spying charges in a death sentence case that was upheld on appeal, according to the Associated Press.

more at:    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cotton-clinton-discussed-executed-iranian-scientist-on-email/article/2598807

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
Re: Cotton: Clinton discussed executed Iranian scientist on email
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 07:32:32 pm »
Hillary is the most corrupt, both politically and morally, of any of the candidates running and that is the truth.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 07:50:58 pm »

By Jacqueline Klimas (@jacqklimas) • 8/7/16 12:30 PM

Hillary Clinton recklessly discussed, in emails hosted on her private server, an Iranian nuclear scientist who was executed by Iran for treason, Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., said Sunday.

"I'm not going to comment on what he may or may not have done for the United States government, but in the emails that were on Hillary Clinton's private server, there were conversations among her senior advisors about this gentleman," he said on "Face the Nation." Cotton was speaking about Shahram Amiri, who gave information to the U.S. about Iran's nuclear program.

The senator said this lapse proves she is not capable of keeping the country safe.

"That goes to show just how reckless and careless her decision was to put that kind of highly classified information on a private server. And I think her judgment is not suited to keep this country safe," he said.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cotton-clinton-discussed-executed-iranian-scientist-on-email/article/2598807
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 11:45:46 pm »
You know, we are now discussing an Iranian scientist executed for treason... on a public server.

The fact that she talked about him isn't an issue.  It's whether it rose to the level of classified information that is.

But an article that states "Clinton discussed executed Iranian scientist on email; no information on whether the discussion was classified"... doesn't sell papers.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 11:51:49 pm »
You know, we are now discussing an Iranian scientist executed for treason... on a public server.

The fact that she talked about him isn't an issue.  It's whether it rose to the level of classified information that is.

But an article that states "Clinton discussed executed Iranian scientist on email; no information on whether the discussion was classified"... doesn't sell papers.

In addition, to that, the guy UN-DEFECTED. Meaning, he went back to Iran of his own accord.

So to somehow imply Hillary caused this is kinda silly.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HonestJohn

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 12:07:37 am »
In addition, to that, the guy UN-DEFECTED. Meaning, he went back to Iran of his own accord.

I looked this up.  This has a much better account, complete with direct quotes from her emails pertaining to this.  It's from September 2015... so this isn't a new thing.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/02/politics/clinton-email-shahram-amiri/
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 12:08:17 am by HonestJohn »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 01:50:08 pm »

You really don't have a clue as to how this stuff goes down do you!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien