Author Topic: Giuliani: 'Everybody should calm down' about Trump's poll numbers  (Read 768 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 07, 2016, 10:29 am
Giuliani: 'Everybody should calm down' about Trump's poll numbers

By Rebecca Savransky

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R) said Donald Trump still has a good chance to win in November despite recent polling that shows the GOP nominee behind Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

"First of all, 8 points down at this stage, of course you'd rather be ahead, but I remember George Bush the first being 16 points down to [Michael] Dukakis going into September. So let's, you know, calm down," he said on ABC's "This Week."

"Everyone should calm down about it. There's certainly every opportunity for Trump to win this election."

Several recent polls have shown Trump behind the Democratic nominee, both nationally and in battleground states.

In the RealClearPolitics average of polls, Clinton has a 7-point lead over Trump, 47.5 to 40.5 percent.

The GOP nominee has also faced backlash recently over some of his recent comments, including his criticism of the family of U.S. Army Capt. Humayun Khan, a Muslim soldier who was killed in 2004 in Iraq.

Giuliani in the interview Sunday also attacked Clinton, saying he thinks her comments just don't get as much attention as Trump's.

"For example, she lied to a Gold Star mother. She lied to Patricia Smith, the mother of Sean Smith, who was killed at Benghazi, I believe, because of her incompetence, her incompetence in failing to secure that mission," he said.

"And she lied to her on September 14th, 2012, right at the coffin.  She said it was due to a video," he continued.

"So I think that's far more serious — or at least it said get as much attention as all of the attention that was paid to, you know, the comments that were made about -- about the Khan — about the Khan family."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/290669-giuliani-everybody-should-calm-down-about-trumps-poll-numbers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Re: Giuliani: 'Everybody should calm down' about Trump's poll numbers
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 02:48:15 pm »
It isn't his poll numbers that bother me.

It is his dark soul that is Satan's playground and the empty space between his ears.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 02:50:18 pm »

It is his dark soul that is Satan's playground and the empty space between his ears.

:amen:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 02:50:20 pm »

:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 02:56:06 pm »
Again comparing George Bush or Reagan being down in the polls at the point in the election?  Both of those candidates had something that Trump does not have, Sanity.   Both ran a smart campaing and made few mistakes, and recovered well when they did have a bad moment like in a debate.   If Trump doesn't learn to keep his pie hole shut and stop saying stupid stuff on a daily bases, he has no chance at all.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 02:56:46 pm »
"First of all, 8 points down at this stage, of course you'd rather be ahead, but I remember George Bush the first being 16 points down to [Michael] Dukakis going into September. So let's, you know, calm down," he said on ABC's "This Week."

Nope.  Completely wrong.

Bush opened a lead after the GOP Convention and never relinquished it.  Trump is going in the opposite direction, Rudy.

Stuart Rothenberg ‏@StuPolitics  2h2 hours ago
On This Week, Giuliani says Bush41 was down 16 pts vs Dukakis going into September 1988. False. Bush was ahead after conventions (Gallup).

And here's Paul Manafort, just this morning:

Byron York ‏@ByronYork  50m50 minutes ago
One year in, Paul Manafort tells @MariaBartiromo: 'The campaign is just beginning…we're at the beginning...it's a three-month campaign.'
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 02:59:59 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.