Author Topic: Write In Candidates ?? Anyone?  (Read 3602 times)

HonestJohn

Re: Write In Candidates ?? Anyone?
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2016, 12:20:10 am »
Very nice

The only question is whether General Zod can stop Cthulhu.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 12:21:13 am by HonestJohn »

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2016, 12:33:50 am »
So I've tossed this around as well.  If you want to make a statement about the two party nominees, it may be most effective to show that you cared enough to vote, but that Trump was unacceptable.  Hold your nose and vote for a third party candidate, or write in, if your state accepts.  That way the Republican-Democrat percentage is reduced.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2016, 12:36:28 am »
If the write-in does not qualify as Cruz may not in FL, I don't know of any reason they would disqualify the down ballot as well. Same with not properly choosing a president "the hanging chads" did not disqualify the remaing ballot. But if in doubt, write in Navycando, and I will appoint Cruz as my VP.

Thank you makes sense.  Navy, I have no doubt you'd be better than Trump or Hillary.   :beer:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2016, 12:37:35 am »
@libertybele

I taught Texas Election Law for 10 years in Texas and I am familiar with other states' laws.  Your selection or write-in, lawful or not, for President, stops with that selection and will have no bearing on your down ballot choices.  Don't worry about that.

Ok.  Thank you so much; that was one of my big concerns.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2016, 12:40:37 am »
He qualified for the primary.

Exactly.  That's how I was interrupting that sentence as well.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2016, 01:40:01 am »
Will down ballot vote instead I guess.
@catfish1957
@Texas Yellow Rose

A number of years ago, Texas put a stop to writing anyone in.  Now, to be a write-in candidate, the candidate must apply to be a write-in candidate by a certain deadline.  Those candidates who become write-in candidates will be listed in your voting booth and those are the only write-in votes allowed.  No longer can you write-in "Mickey Mouse".  :o)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 01:43:15 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2016, 01:42:53 am »
So I've tossed this around as well.  If you want to make a statement about the two party nominees, it may be most effective to show that you cared enough to vote, but that Trump was unacceptable.  Hold your nose and vote for a third party candidate, or write in, if your state accepts.  That way the Republican-Democrat percentage is reduced.

BINGO!!

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2016, 01:47:31 am »
I'd like to write in Calvin Cooledge, but I will stick with the living and Write in Ted Cruz, maybe. I don't know yet.