Author Topic: Trump Gears Up for Fundraising Marathon as Poll Numbers Drop  (Read 1389 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Newsmax
Trump Gears Up for Fundraising Marathon as Poll Numbers Drop
Saturday, August 6, 2016 02:34 PM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump is beginning a fundraising marathon this weekend, planning 21 events in 31 days, after last month bringing in a record $80 million for his campaign committee and the Republican National Committee.

Trump's efforts in July fell just $10 million short of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton's operations, reports NPR, and will kick off at a Cape Cod, Massachusetts mansion, Saturday, just 14 miles across the water from Martha's Vineyard, where President Barack Obama is vacationing.

His successful month in July, however, came before a series of missteps following the Democratic National Convention, and as his poll numbers drop, major donors are voicing doubts.

"Quite a few people are concerned about the winnability of the presidential race," Fred Malek, a veteran Republican official and fundraiser told NPR. "I don't sense panic. I sense concern."

Another donor, Stanley Hubbard, called on Trump to "connect his brain to his mouth at all times, and not just say things that come into his head without thinking."

Hubbard, a St. Paul, Minnesota broadcasting magnate, has already given $50,000 to Great America, a pro-Trump super PAC, but he also gave $10,000 to an anti-Trump super PAC.

He said that many people are "disillusioned with both candidates," and now likes Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson.

The Freedom Partners Action Fund, headed by billionaire David and Charles Koch, is not donating money to Trump, after the Koch's argued against it, but is defending House and Senate Republican campaigns.

However, another brother, Bill Koch, is allowing Trump to use his Cape Cod mansion for Trump's upcoming fundraiser, and backs the GOP nominee's campaign. Admission will range from $2,700 to $50,000 per person, depending on the level of access the donor wants to have with Trump, reports NPR.

Amy Carnevale and David Tamasi, both on the host committee, denied backers are staying away, and Tamasi said Republicans should support Trump as the party's nominee.

"My plan was to always support whoever the nominee was," Tamasi told NPR. "So in this instance it's Donald Trump. And I think that you support the party, and you support your nominee, and we'll see what the next few months bring."

http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=742426
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Re: Trump Gears Up for Fundraising Marathon as Poll Numbers Drop
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 10:18:24 pm »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 10:26:30 pm »
Where is he spending all this money?  There hasn't been a single Trump ad paid for by the campaign. Not one.

And operatives in Ohio are having to pay out of their own pockets to open offices.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 11:29:11 pm »
Self Funded fund thyself.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 12:13:52 am »

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 12:22:41 am »
Admission will range from $2,700 to $50,000 per person, depending on the level of access the donor wants to have with Trump, reports NPR.

Such an outsider, beholden to no one.   

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 12:25:22 am »
Sounds like the FR beg-a-thon.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 12:28:38 am »
Admission will range from $2,700 to $50,000 per person, depending on the level of access the donor wants to have with Trump, reports NPR.

Such an outsider, beholden to no one.

I see uber RINO Scott Brown is speaking on his behalf tonight. (Scott Brown who says the GOP needs to be more sensitive to the needs of "undocumented immigrants", and more inclusive of those who seek gay rights and abortion.)

Offline paul544

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2016, 12:35:32 am »
Where is he spending all this money?  There hasn't been a single Trump ad paid for by the campaign. Not one.

And operatives in Ohio are having to pay out of their own pockets to open offices.

I think the only logical answer is that he is keeping all of the money until later on and unloads with a huge warchest that Hillary won't be able to match.  She's spending like a drunken sailor. 

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2016, 12:36:57 am »
I think the only logical answer is that he is keeping all of the money until later on and unloads with a huge warchest that Hillary won't be able to match.  She's spending like a drunken sailor. 

You mean after the narrative of Mad Trump has already been set in stone?  Once you let the other side establish the narrative, you're more than halfway to losing already.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2016, 12:53:46 am »
Sounds like the FR beg-a-thon.

There are similarities in JR and Trump.  They both worship the $$ and are willing to sacrifice principle to get it.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2016, 01:01:09 am »
Trump directs nearly one-fifth of his money to his own businesses

"What is Trump spending his meager campaign resources on? Why, himself, of course,"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/21/politics/donald-trump-business-spending-fec/

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline paul544

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2016, 01:02:42 am »
Normally I'd agree, but it isn't the other side setting the tone... He's doing it to himself.  So I think he can control the narrative anyway he wants.