Author Topic: Trump names Texas ag commissioner of 'Jesus shot' fame to co-chair agriculture advisory team  (Read 452 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20160805-trump-names-texas-ag-commissioner-of-jesus-shot-fame-to-co-chair-agriculture-advisory-team.ece

Trump names Texas ag commissioner of 'Jesus shot' fame to co-chair agriculture advisory team

By Lauren McGaughy

Updated: 05 August 2016 05:53 PM
AUSTIN — Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller will soon be announced as the national co-chairman of Donald Trump's agriculture advisory team.

"Donald Trump will be great for agriculture," Miller told radio show host Chad Hasty after making the announcement Friday. "One other thing, when he gets elected and the day he takes office, America will get our respect back around the world because his personality is, 'If you hit me, I'm going to hit you twice.' "

Members of the Trump and Miller campaigns did not immediately reply to a request for comment on the announcement. On Hasty's show, Miller said Trump's team would make the official announcement next week.

Miller has been a controversial figure in Texas, garnering state and national headlines for using state money to travel to Mississippi to compete in a rodeo. The Texas Rangers are also investigating him for using state funds to travel to Oklahoma, possibly to get a "Jesus Shot," an injection meant as a miracle cure-all.

A former state representative, Miller has also been criticized for his many controversial Facebook posts, which included likening refugees to snakes and suggesting the bombing of "the Muslim World."

When asked whether he would consider a job in Trump's Cabinet if he's elected, Miller told Hasty: "You know I'd have to pray about it and think about. I'd certainly consider it."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
using state funds to travel to Oklahoma, possibly to get a "Jesus Shot," an injection meant as a miracle cure-all.

If he needs a snake oil salesman, he doesn't need to go any further than his new boss....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.