Author Topic: Rick Perry: Black Lives Matter -- And So Does Black Liberty  (Read 190 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rick Perry: Black Lives Matter -- And So Does Black Liberty
« on: August 06, 2016, 02:44:10 pm »
Rick Perry: Black Lives Matter -- And So Does Black Liberty

Gov. Perry delivered these remarks on July 27, 2016, at the 43rd annual meeting of the American Legislative Exchange Council in Indianapolis, Indiana.

I want to spend some time with you today talking about the most pressing issue of our time for people like you and me, for people who share our values, for people all across this state and across this country.

No, it’s not the election. Though believe me, I have opinions about that too. But it’s about something that is affecting this election, and will affect much more than this election if we don’t do something about it.

When Ronald Reagan left office in 1989, America knew—and the world knew—the value of individual liberty and limited government. Whether you lived in East Berlin, Germany or East Bernard, Texas—whether you were a multi-generation Texan or an immigrant from Vietnam—you knew that conservative principles would make your life better, and those of the people around you.

Continues: http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2016/07/27/rick-perry-black-lives-matter-and-so-does-black-liberty/#f9ccb90aaf16