Author Topic: Ted Cruz Refuses to Endorse Paul Ryan for Congress  (Read 8098 times)

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
Re: Ted Cruz Refuses to Endorse Paul Ryan for Congress
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2016, 04:52:25 pm »
No pardons might need a lifeline Y'ALL!
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3456682/replies?c=660

:silly: :silly: :silly:

ABSOLUTELY NOT!  And, yes, I AM yelling.

KIDDING! #pleasedont.  :nono:
Former Republican.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2016, 04:53:09 pm »
I am beyond disgusted. And I am nearly at the end of my ability to even verbalize my despair.

There are people who want to do away with anything GOPe. Hey, I agree with them! Let's start over!

During the primaries, they ridiculed and disparaged anyone who appeared to have any association whatever with the GOPe. Nearly ALL of the other candidates were colored with the "insider" brush...except for their favorite, Mr. Trump.

McCain and Ryan were POSTER KIDS of the GOPe "traitors"! Getting them out was top of the list!

And now, here comes an individual that refuses to endorse them; probably at some political cost to himself. That should be a badge of honor. That should be applauded, supported and encouraged in everyone else.

Nope.

It's Cruz. And if it's Cruz, then it's bad. It shows what a jerk he is. It supports their notion that he's just in it for himself. All kinds of maleficent reasons are ginned up for his refusal.

Then Trump spins around endorses them. The very guy who's been ranking on what a terrible job all these guys have been doing.

Oh boy! NOW, it's okay. Know why? Because he didn't mean it and will really fix 'em once he gets elected. Or, he had to do that politically. Or, Ryan was going to get elected anyway and "Why burn bridges?". Or, "This is just the way you have to do things in D.C.". Or, "Ha! Now, it's in their court to support him!"

I am truly stumped and lost and depressed. Either [used to be] conservatives have lost their minds and decided to do whatever it takes to get Trump elected or [used to be] conservatives never were conservatives; their principles are as disposable as toilet paper.

I'm beginning to feel like the Lone Ranger. I'm beginning to feel that I've been a fool for a long time. I'm beginning to believe that there were a lot fewer staunch conservatives, actual conservatives, than I thought there were,

I may not be the smartest guy in the world, but I've got a hell of a memory.

And no one who's been throwing their principles out over this guy will ever be able to be a part of what I think of as the conservative movement ever again.

I am right there with you. McCain and Ryan are utter traitors to the Conservative cause. They deserve to lost their seats.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2016, 05:00:12 pm »

So I can put you down as a "maybe " vote?

😉
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 05:03:08 pm by Drewsmum »

Offline Fantom

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2016, 10:16:44 pm »
Chump held a position against Ryan for 2 days before endorsing him...that may a record for the Orange one keeping the same thought....

@Stosh

Hey Stosh, good to see Ya' here.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2016, 10:23:49 pm »
First of all this is coming from Brietbart and I normally don't hold too much stock in what they have to say anymore.  Secondly, Cruz wasn't asked to endorse Ryan; so why is this even an issue for crying out loud or even a story?  The end.

Yes, it is Brietbart. And yes their headline is crap. 

I posted this to show a principled man vrs one  with no principals. A juxtaposition of the now reversal of trump endorsing Ryan/GOPE.

Certainly NOT as any negative on Ted ...IMHO.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2016, 10:24:58 pm »
Dern principles!  Life is so much simpler when you just flit from belief to belief based upon what most benefits (or profits) you.

Right.   :beer:

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2016, 10:30:27 pm »
I am beyond disgusted. And I am nearly at the end of my ability to even verbalize my despair.

There are people who want to do away with anything GOPe. Hey, I agree with them! Let's start over!

During the primaries, they ridiculed and disparaged anyone who appeared to have any association whatever with the GOPe. Nearly ALL of the other candidates were colored with the "insider" brush...except for their favorite, Mr. Trump.

McCain and Ryan were POSTER KIDS of the GOPe "traitors"! Getting them out was top of the list!

And now, here comes an individual that refuses to endorse them; probably at some political cost to himself. That should be a badge of honor. That should be applauded, supported and encouraged in everyone else.

Nope.

It's Cruz. And if it's Cruz, then it's bad. It shows what a jerk he is. It supports their notion that he's just in it for himself. All kinds of maleficent reasons are ginned up for his refusal.

Then Trump spins around endorses them. The very guy who's been ranking on what a terrible job all these guys have been doing.

Oh boy! NOW, it's okay. Know why? Because he didn't mean it and will really fix 'em once he gets elected. Or, he had to do that politically. Or, Ryan was going to get elected anyway and "Why burn bridges?". Or, "This is just the way you have to do things in D.C.". Or, "Ha! Now, it's in their court to support him!"

I am truly stumped and lost and depressed. Either [used to be] conservatives have lost their minds and decided to do whatever it takes to get Trump elected or [used to be] conservatives never were conservatives; their principles are as disposable as toilet paper.

I'm beginning to feel like the Lone Ranger. I'm beginning to feel that I've been a fool for a long time. I'm beginning to believe that there were a lot fewer staunch conservatives, actual conservatives, than I thought there were,

I may not be the smartest guy in the world, but I've got a hell of a memory.

And no one who's been throwing their principles out over this guy will ever be able to be a part of what I think of as the conservative movement ever again.

As others have noted. You are not alone, don't despair, enjoy the fresh air here and decompress a bit.

Frederick Douglass

Offline unknown

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2016, 01:09:36 am »
I am right there with you. McCain and Ryan are utter traitors to the Conservative cause. They deserve to lost their seats.

Here is McCain!

https://www.conservativereview.com/members/john-mccain/liberty-card/

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Offline Fantom

« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2016, 01:19:25 am »

The big problem with Ryan... is he passes the most major legislation with majority Democrat votes. I can think of no vote Peloser ever passed with a majority of republicans.

May as well have Peloser as Speaker.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/28/politics/house-budget-deal-paul-ryan-john-boehner/
Washington (CNN)The House of Representatives voted 266-167 Wednesday to approve a budget deal that raises the nation's debt ceiling through March 2017,.......

.........The deal was approved as 79 Republicans joined with 187 Democrats to easily clear the number of votes needed to send the measure to the Senate.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Drewsmum

« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 03:24:04 am by Drewsmum »

Offline unknown

« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2016, 02:59:53 am »
Which one was the Libreak vote?

It is more complicated than just one vote.

Click the link provided.

They are actually doing some sort of weighted average to get a percentage. 146 conservative votes, 12 liberal votes.. and then some weighting..

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2016, 03:19:35 am »

Click the link provided.

They are actually doing some sort of weighted average to get a percentage. 146 conservative votes, 12 liberal votes.. and then some weighting..

2 years with Reid in Control and two with the equally Disastrous McConnell and only 1 Liberal Vote, I'm surprised,  BUT, very few have his conviction in the US Senate.

Texas is very Proud of our Senator.

He did Exactly what He said he's do when WE ELECTED HIM.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2016, 03:26:04 am »

Click the link provided.

Yea I just saw that.

It's too much thinking for me at the moment.  :shrug:  lol. 

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2016, 03:27:36 am »

Click the link provided.

2 years with Reid in Control and two with the equally Disastrous McConnell and only 1 Liberal Vote, I'm surprised,  BUT, very few have his conviction in the US Senate.

Texas is very Proud of our Senator.

He did Exactly what He said he's do when WE ELECTED HIM.

Yes. And I think he even went above and beyond.   I will do everything in my power to make sure he gets elected again.

Offline unknown

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2016, 03:28:19 am »
Yea I just saw that.

It's too much thinking for me at the moment.  :shrug:  lol.

"It's too much thinking for me at the moment.  :shrug:  lol."

yea, me too...  :thud:

or too much  :beer:  ha!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 03:28:55 am by unknown »