Author Topic: New York Times Provides Rare Front-Page Look at Leftist Speech-Squelching at Elite Colleges  (Read 508 times)

rangerrebew

New York Times Provides Rare Front-Page Look at Leftist Speech-Squelching at Elite Colleges
By Clay Waters | August 5, 2016 | 5:20 PM EDT
shares

The front page of Friday’s New York Times featured a welcome report by Anemona Hartocollis on how alumni aversion to left-wing protests and the squelching of free speech on campus is starting to hit those elite alma maters right in the pocketbook: “Amid College Protests, Alumni Are Less Fond and Less Giving.”

Scott MacConnell cherishes the memory of his years at Amherst College, where he discovered his future métier as a theatrical designer. But protests on campus over cultural and racial sensitivities last year soured his feelings.

Now Mr. MacConnell, who graduated in 1960, is expressing his discontent through his wallet. In June, he cut the college out of his will.

Source URL: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/clay-waters/2016/08/05/new-york-times-provides-rare-front-page-look-leftist-speech

Offline Dirt for sale

This is the kind of story which really warms my heart, when I see people still willing to put their money where their mouth is, and tell these young water heads that judging history by today's standards is obscene and vile, and that their money will not fund witch hunts, and that enabling administrators can sit on their thumbs and twirl, and try to make money that way.
It warms my heart, until I understand that this is only part of building the case to nationalize higher education.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
This is the kind of story which really warms my heart, when I see people still willing to put their money where their mouth is, and tell these young water heads that judging history by today's standards is obscene and vile, and that their money will not fund witch hunts, and that enabling administrators can sit on their thumbs and twirl, and try to make money that way.
It warms my heart, until I understand that this is only part of building the case to nationalize higher education.

Its definitely institutionalized but fortunately there are some liberal professors who still welcome opposing views. Its why Alan Dershowitz recommended Ted Cruz to clerk on the Supreme Court. Dershowitz also indicated that liberal justices wouldn't want conservative clerks but the conservative justices always welcomed at least 1 liberal clerk on their staff.

For the most part, liberalism is unwilling to face scrutiny and will do whatever it can to silence opposition.