Author Topic: Sell alcohol and pork or we will shut you down, French town tells halal supermarket  (Read 458 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sell alcohol and pork or we will shut you down, French town tells halal supermarket

A halal supermarket in a Paris suburb has been told by local authorities it must start selling alcohol and pork or else it will be shut down.

Good Price discount mini-market in Colombes has been told by the local housing authority, from which it rents its premises, that it has not followed the conditions on the lease that stipulate that the shop must act as a "general food store."

The authority argues that all members of the local community are not being served properly if there are no alcohol or pork products in the Good Price store, which is run as a franchise and which last year replaced another small supermarket.

Continued: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/04/sell-alcohol-and-pork-or-we-will-shut-you-down-french-town-tells/

How about that swimming pool article in Marseilles?

geronl

forcing them to sell it is as bad as forbidding non-Muslims from selling it.

This is like forcing Christians to bake that gay cake and do abortions.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 02:01:49 am by geronl »

Online roamer_1

forcing them to sell it is as bad as forbidding non-Muslims from selling it.

This is like forcing Christians to bake that gay cake and do abortions.

Sorry, it looks like a franchise - The franchise likely has control of what the store sells... The Muslim owner should have bought into a franchise that didn't do so... Or open a store without the franchise and have complete control...

And I keep Christian kosher, so I am not against the owner trying to sell according to his beliefs. If there were a kosher store here, I would definitely be a client.

But, part of what a franchise offers it's end users is a familiarity of space and product - I can go to any Super-One or Costco, or Wally-world, and be relatively sure of what to expect - Even to the point of pretty well knowing where things are... I can understand the franchise compliance required.

geronl

Sorry, it looks like a franchise - The franchise likely has control of what the store sells... The Muslim owner should have bought into a franchise that didn't do so... Or open a store without the franchise and have complete control...

So local government controls franchises and what they sell?? Wow.

Online roamer_1

So local government controls franchises and what they sell?? Wow.

From the OP:
in the Good Price store, which is run as a franchise and which last year replaced another small supermarket.

Offline goodwithagun

Ruh roh Shaggy!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline GrouchoTex

Add a smoked brisket and the frogs could have Texas barbecue joint over there.
One piece of advice:
Put up 3 photos.
One of John Wayne
One of Clint Eastwood
One of Willie Nelson.