Author Topic: Manafort: Trump's classified briefings to start in next 2 weeks  (Read 3149 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Manafort: Trump's classified briefings to start in next 2 weeks

By Louis Nelson

08/05/16 10:40 AM EDT

Donald Trump will begin receiving classified briefings within the next two weeks, campaign chairman Paul Manafort said Friday morning.

In an interview with Fox News, Manafort said those briefings will begin “in the next week or two" and pushed back against President Barack Obama’s suggestion during a press conference Thursday that Trump needs to start “acting like a president.”

“Well we certainly are not using him as a role model,” Manafort said. “I mean, here is a president going around the world apologizing for everything the United States has done over the last 100 years. Here is a president who has taken the economy, and contrary to Mrs. Clinton, doesn't deserve an ‘A’ for what he's done with it. He’s destabilized the world with the foreign policy that he constructed with Hillary Clinton.”

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-classified-briefings-226719
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Re: Manafort: Trump's classified briefings to start in next 2 weeks
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 04:52:36 pm »
The CIA is prepping for Trumps briefing as we speak

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 04:55:24 pm »
Given Trump's inability to control his mouth, that should cause some interesting controversies.  Which I'm sure will be flawlessly timed to cover up any breaking news about Hillary's criminal activities.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 05:10:37 pm »
Last week we read here at TBR that Trump received a classified security briefing and then immediately turned around and spilled the beans.

Now we learn classified briefings for the Republican nominee have yet to begin? I'm shocked.

You mean, the breathless headlines appearing here here at TBR, day after day, calling into question Mr. Trump's fitness for office, you mean they might be bogus political hit pieces planted by democrats?

At TBR?

Say it ain't so!

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 05:14:40 pm »
Under normal circumstances I doubt if Trump would qualify for even the lowest security clearance.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 05:15:33 pm »
Last week we read here at TBR that Trump received a classified security briefing and then immediately turned around and spilled the beans.

Now we learn classified briefings for the Republican nominee have yet to begin? I'm shocked.

You mean, the breathless headlines appearing here here at TBR, day after day, calling into question Mr. Trump's fitness for office, you mean they might be bogus political hit pieces planted by democrats?

At TBR?

Say it ain't so!

Please link the thread you're referring to. I'd like to know exactly what was said before throwing someone under a bus.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 05:16:12 pm »
Under normal circumstances I doubt if Trump would qualify for even the lowest security clearance.

Nor would Hillary.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 05:30:09 pm »

At TBR?

Say it ain't so!

Trump's mental health is definitely in question.  Donald Trump is no more fit to be president than Donald Duck.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 05:38:46 pm »
Donald Trump will begin receiving classified briefings within the next two weeks, campaign chairman Paul Manafort said Friday morning.

He has trouble paying his contractors, let alone attention.

Maybe that's a good thing.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 05:42:48 pm »
Trump's mental health is definitely in question.  Donald Trump is no more fit to be president than Donald Duck.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 05:50:00 pm »
Please link the thread you're referring to. I'd like to know exactly what was said before throwing someone under a bus.

I haven't seen any reports of that anywhere either.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 05:57:14 pm »
My favorite was the portable cone of silence.

Maybe Dr. Cone (the inventor of the Cone of Silence) could design one for Trumps Thumbs!

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2016, 06:01:36 pm »
Or plan B,

Snap!  Missed it by that much!

Nice RP

Offline jedidah

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2016, 06:21:48 pm »

Say it ain't so.

OK.  It ain't so.

It's thoughtful American voters commenting on what we're personally seeing and hearing come out of Trump's mouth.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 06:26:06 pm »

At TBR?

Say it ain't so!
@aligncare

I recall that that thread was locked after I and some others (not Trump supporters BTW) refuted that article and pointed out that 1) Trump hadn’t started receiving National Security briefings as yet and 2) the question of the US paying rent for use of a base in Saudi Arabia was not a secret.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 06:54:41 pm »
Chief of Staff to the President
Now Mr. Trump on this slide you will see an illustration of the progressive Russian military build up in Crimea over the last 9 months. The number of Russian troops are being assessed daily, and at last count the ………..

Trump.
Excuse me!  Excuse me!  Why don’t we use our nukes?   It’s a Yuge waste of money to have all of these nukes collecting dust. A Yuge waste, believe me.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline livius

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 07:17:52 pm »
"Last week we read here at TBR that Trump received a classified security briefing and then immediately turned around and spilled the beans...Now we learn classified briefings for the Republican nominee have yet to begin? ...You mean, the breathless headlines appearing here here at TBR, day after day, calling into question Mr. Trump's fitness for office, you mean they might be bogus political hit pieces planted by democrats?

Say it ain't so!

Ask Trump to say it ain't so. He was the one who tried to give the impression that he had gotten security briefings and had "seen" the faux Iran video "or something like it" in a security briefing. Then, when pressed, his campaign manager admitted that Trump hadn't yet received any briefings. In other words, he was lying, making it up out of whole cloth, fantasizing...call it what you want, but Trump is delusional.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 07:21:36 pm »
For some reason the following page appears to be missing. Hmm?

The title was: BREAKING: Hours After First Intelligence Briefing, Trump Likely Leaked CLASSIFIED Secrets.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=218406.0

Strange how that works? Proof of the lie posted here is now missing...Hmm.....

The original poster was AbaraXas. Maybe we should ask him?

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 07:32:48 pm »

At TBR?

Say it ain't so!

No -- we're saying the nominee himself is bogus.  With Trump's propensity for blurting out whatever happens to be on his "mind," the first week or so after he receives his first round of classified briefings, things should get rather interesting.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 07:33:44 pm »
For some reason the following page appears to be missing. Hmm?

The title was: BREAKING: Hours After First Intelligence Briefing, Trump Likely Leaked CLASSIFIED Secrets.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=218406.0

Strange how that works? Proof of the lie posted here is now missing...Hmm.....

The original poster was AbaraXas. Maybe we should ask him?

Well... jump in and ask.  @AbaraXas, what say you?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 07:34:12 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 07:41:19 pm »
Security apparatus in place to prevent spillage...

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 07:45:32 pm »

The point is these dishonest headlines are relentlessly posted here at TBR and - uh oh - the impression of incompetence by Mr. Trump hangs in the air and, too late, the damage is done.

But, don't anybody insult my intelligence, please. AbaraXas knows exactly what he's doing...

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2016, 07:56:17 pm »
The point is these dishonest headlines are relentlessly posted here at TBR and - uh oh - the impression of incompetence by Mr. Trump hangs in the air and, too late, the damage is done.

But, don't anybody insult my intelligence, please. AbaraXas knows exactly what he's doing...

Now that is a hoot.  POSTERS HERE are responsible for the "impression of incompetence" that the Trump campaign spews into the airwaves every single day?

A competent candidate of a major party would not be at 32% in a national poll.  As Trump is.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2016, 07:58:26 pm »

Poor Align,  He is full of gloom, despair, and agony,
Deep, dark depression, and excessive misery.  Get well soon big guy.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2016, 08:15:17 pm »

As far as I'm concerned AbaraXas, and you sinkspur, have aligned with the democrat media in a full court press to bring the Republican nominee down -- AbaraXas been lying for a year about Mr. Trump, and so have you sink -- and in doing so you aid and abet Hillary Clinton and the democrats. Rush Limbaugh spoke at length today about how the media is in panic mode over Donald Trump. Watching the headlines today we see he is correct.

They - the democrat media, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton want to thank you sink and AbaraXas for your part in their propaganda efforts.

Just my Trumpian and humble opinion.