Author Topic: Black firefighter's home burns down after he receives racist threat  (Read 972 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Upstate New York.

Black firefighter's home burns down after he receives racist threat

(CNN)The apartment of the only black volunteer firefighter in an upstate New York town burned down -- two days after he says he received a racist letter telling him to move out.

Kenneth Walker said he received the letter Monday night in his mailbox. It demanded he resign by the end of the week and leave the small town of North Tonawanda.

The letter used the N-word several times.
"[Expletive deleted] are not allowed to be firefighters," it said. "No one wants you in this city."

See More At: http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/04/us/firefighter-racist-threat-trnd/index.html

I hope they catch the culprit and throw the book at this demented mind.  This is a major crime; like something out of the civil rights era, '50s and '60s.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:19:10 am by TomSea »

Offline Dirt for sale

Re: Black firefighter's home burns down after he receives racist threat
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 06:03:58 am »
Could be a case of Jewish lightning. One would have to follow the money in this case to know for sure.
Edit: I'm wrong, a demented ex-coworker has already confessed.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 06:06:32 am by Dirt for sale »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 07:13:51 am »
Edit: I'm wrong, a demented ex-coworker has already confessed.

I had a self bet that it was some BLM type trying to gin up hate. Getting too cynical, forgetting that just plain arseholes always exist.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 01:35:37 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/04/us/firefighter-racist-threat-trnd/index.html

Police arrested a former volunteer firefighter after he admitted to setting fire to the home of an ex-colleague, who is the only black volunteer firefighter in an upstate New York town.

Two days before the arson, the victim Kenneth Walker said he received a letter Monday in his mailbox. It demanded he resign from the fire department by the end of the week and that he leave the small town of North Tonawanda. The letter used the N-word several times.

Go to link for more. suspect's name is Jurado.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 07:19:32 pm »
Contrary to CNN's claim, North Tonawanda is not a "small town".  It's part of the Buffalo metropolitan area.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 07:30:45 pm »
Contrary to CNN's claim, North Tonawanda is not a "small town".  It's part of the Buffalo metropolitan area.

I'm not sure what to think, apparently they have a "volunteer fire department", it's a shame feelings would get so frayed over what sounds like volunteer work.