Author Topic: Trump Boosts Anti-Fracking Measure, Upends Swing State Energy Fight  (Read 3113 times)

Offline youknowwho

Re: Trump Boosts Anti-Fracking Measure, Upends Swing State Energy Fight
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2016, 08:32:05 pm »
I suspect that we're all fine with the states making their own decisions on this but that's precisely why he should say nothing about it.

Yes. Can someone tell me exactly what the problem is with what he said?  Did I read something wrong?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2016, 09:00:51 pm »
Yes. Can someone tell me exactly what the problem is with what he said?  Did I read something wrong?

Because one could argue it's the property owner's right.

Of course, most people arguing that don't take into consideration all of the factors involved.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2016, 09:20:41 pm »
Because one could argue it's the property owner's right.

Of course, most people arguing that don't take into consideration all of the factors involved.

Over by Ann Arbor Michigan (East Berkley)  they wanted to impose an ordinance that a unanimous yes is required from all people within a certain radius around a drilling site. Basically set the bar so high that no one would be able to allow drilling on their own property. The state stepped on that one fortunately.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2016, 09:33:46 pm »
Follow the 4th amendment, not allowing any unreasonable property seizures , and the 10 amendment, since fracking isn't in the constitution, and let the property owner/municipality/state/marketplace decide from there.