Author Topic: Distraught Trump Staffer: 'He's Basically Gone Rogue'  (Read 6419 times)

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Re: Distraught Trump Staffer: 'He's Basically Gone Rogue'
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2016, 01:59:22 pm »
J.B. Wogan
‏@JBWogan
Real sentence from a press release in my inbox: "Donald Trump lives, works, eats and employs people of all races and religions."

Oh dear!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2016, 02:55:21 pm »
Brooks is an idiot.  Build "A Republican Party in Exile?"  When the guy you don't like will be out of the picture in 3 months anyway?

I have no quarrel with Republicans who don't like Trump, and won't vote for him.  I'm still going to because I think a "herstory" of stupid/malevolent actions (Hillary) outweigh stupid/malevolent words (Trump), but I certainly understand those who won't/can't vote for him.  So if you don't want to vote for him, don't.

But these people who go the extra mile, and talk about leaving/destroying the party because of this one horrible nominee are off their rockers.  Either that, or they are affirmatively complicit with the Democrats and actually lean left.  In the case of Brooks, it's pretty obvious that he likely voted for Obama in 2008, and was apparently suffering leg-tingles similar to Chris Matthews'.  I don't know why any conservatives would take this guy's advice knowing where he leans.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 03:02:50 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2016, 03:59:04 pm »
Brooks is an idiot.  Build "A Republican Party in Exile?"  When the guy you don't like will be out of the picture in 3 months anyway?

But these people who go the extra mile, and talk about leaving/destroying the party . . .

A "government in exile" is set up temporarily, until it can be restored. It's not "destroying" anything.

You're inaccurately slurring the idea of a party in exile.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2016, 04:09:37 pm »
A "government in exile" is set up temporarily, until it can be restored. It's not "destroying" anything.

You're inaccurately slurring the idea of a party in exile.

The entire idea makes no sense.  We already have the RNC, all the state organizations, and all the campaign organizations of the thousands of other Republicans running for office throughout the country.  Why in the world do we need to set up a parallel organization "in exile"?  Not only is that wildly impossible at this point, but it's pointless as well.

If what Brooks really means is that we need to have a "non-Trump controlled" organization, we've already got one.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2016, 04:11:38 pm »
Unnamed "staffers" say just about whatever the news media want to say they said. I'd take this report with a grain of salt, no matter what I may think of the Trump campaign.
As much as I'd like to believe it yep, this is the usually media garbage they throw at every Republican. People have been saying the Trump campaign was done from day 1 and its still here. Trump's campaign is about as popular and hard to beat as toenail fungus. I think it's finally of the rails and bouncing along the sleepers, but the big fire ball, the real explosion has yet to come.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2016, 04:14:58 pm »
J.B. Wogan
‏@JBWogan
Real sentence from a press release in my inbox: "Donald Trump lives, works, eats and employs people of all races and religions."
He clearly picked the wrong department for those newly hired immigrants.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2016, 04:25:30 pm »
David Brooks today:

You either stand with a man whose very essence is an insult to basic decency, or you don't.

Correctamundo.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2016, 04:32:48 pm »
When these *un-named* staffers put their names on these articles maybe I'll believe all these stories...right now I look at them as Clinton campaign dirty tricks using the media to do their dirty work for them......

Have you all forgotten how the Clinton's work!

If the campaign were showing any success at all, then your point would be worth further discovery.  However, it is clear that this campaign is in deep trouble, mainly because of the one at the top of the ticket.  It has been unforced error after unforced error after unforced error that has caused his poll numbers to plummet.  This campaign clearly is not for prime time.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Wingnut

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2016, 04:35:04 pm »
He clearly picked the wrong department for those newly hired immigrants.

I sent Trump some fava beans and a nice Chianti to help his digestion

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2016, 04:42:08 pm »
J.B. Wogan
‏@JBWogan

FWIW - not a DJT press release but by a donor. Still pretty funny.

http://gawker.com/donald-trump-donor-donald-trump-eats-people-of-al-1784874286
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2016, 04:58:12 pm »
The entire idea makes no sense.  We already have the RNC, all the state organizations, and all the campaign organizations of the thousands of other Republicans running for office throughout the country.  Why in the world do we need to set up a parallel organization "in exile"?  Not only is that wildly impossible at this point, but it's pointless as well.

Most likely impossible and pointless. In a full-blown tyranny with fully corrupted institutions (which is what we now have), no possible threats to the oligarchy or it's power will be permitted to organize, take shape and grow to threaten the Beast they empower and feed with your wealth and posterity.

It also means the idea that a corrupted party and institution can be saved and redeemed from working within it is beyond stupid.

Liberal Statism has metastasized inside the GOP to every vital organ, the bone structure and their brain.  There is no saving that patient.

Let it die.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2016, 05:41:59 pm »
The big mistake everyone is making right now is saying that the Trump campaign is imploding. The fact is that it was always a disaster but because of the mess that the Primary was, no one ever noticed.

It might be workable on a state by state primary, but even then the problems were glaring because he built no organization and nobody showed up at the state conventions

geronl

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2016, 05:43:23 pm »
They'll get fired and they know it. Nobody is going to trash Trump publicly. 

Have you forgotten how Trump works?

I wonder if Paul Manafort got his payment in advance?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2016, 05:53:35 pm »
J.B. Wogan
‏@JBWogan

Maybe he is running for President of Uganda.

Wingnut

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2016, 06:09:20 pm »
Maybe he is running for President of Uganda.

Donald has a lot in common with ex president for life Idi Amin Dada Oumee who ruled directly, shunning the delegation of power. He was noted for his abrupt changes of mood, from buffoonery to shrewdness, from gentleness to tyranny. He was often extreme in his nationalism. 

Offline Dirt for sale

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2016, 06:15:31 pm »
It is interesting that while trump Card's campaign manager is named Manafort, which implies watching house in another's absence, the Dawg's campaign manager is named Robby Mook.
Robby:"A fun-loving, witty, intelligent individual with a great sense of humor - whom women love (from urban dictionary).
Mook: a foolish or contemptible person. Coined in the Scorsese film Mean Streets.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2016, 09:46:19 pm »

But these people who go the extra mile, and talk about leaving/destroying the party because of this one horrible nominee are off their rockers. 

@Mag. Bill Martin

ONE?????????

Try EVERY RNC candidate since Reagan left office,starting with that evil Dim bastard Poppy Bush.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline r9etb

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2016, 09:58:02 pm »
I've made my choice.

Have you?

Indeed I have:

(I'm half-serious about writing her in... though I'll probably pick the least offensive 3rd party to register a protest statistic.)

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2016, 10:37:24 pm »

I have no quarrel with Republicans who don't like Trump, and won't vote for him.  I'm still going to because I think a "herstory" of stupid/malevolent actions (Hillary) outweigh stupid/malevolent words (Trump), but I certainly understand those who won't/can't vote for him.  So if you don't want to vote for him, don't.

But these people who go the extra mile, and talk about leaving/destroying the party because of this one horrible nominee are off their rockers.  Either that, or they are affirmatively complicit with the Democrats and actually lean left.  In the case of Brooks, it's pretty obvious that he likely voted for Obama in 2008, and was apparently suffering leg-tingles similar to Chris Matthews'.  I don't know why any conservatives would take this guy's advice knowing where he leans.

It was just the orange a$$hoIe to start, but orange ignorance has infected the party.  So, I left.  If the party entirely extirpates the venomous, poisonous sickness that is orange a$$hoIeism , entirely repudiating its bout with orange fascism, and re-embraces conservatism, then I will join the party again.

Until then, the cultists can have it.
Former Republican.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2016, 11:13:34 pm »
@Mag. Bill Martin

ONE?????????

Try EVERY RNC candidate since Reagan left office,starting with that evil Dim bastard Poppy Bush.

That's not what Brooks is talking about.  But if that's how you feel, then it is still a dumb move to create a temporary party "in exile." You'd just quit the GOP and join another one permanently.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2016, 11:26:16 pm »
The big mistake everyone is making right now is saying that the Trump campaign is imploding. The fact is that it was always a disaster but because of the mess that the Primary was, no one ever noticed.

Early on in the primaries, I knew he was insane.  I am waiting for others to "notice" it, accept it, and keep him from becoming president.  Today, he said Clinton is "unstable and unbalanced".  He said that due to hearing people think he is unstable and unbalanced.   Right now CNN is talking about Trump's mental state.  They say Trump is fighting back after attacks on his mental state. 

CNN is awaiting Trump's rally in Green Bay to start.  He is supposed to endorse Ryan. Big deal - not.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2016, 12:20:12 am »
That's not what Brooks is talking about.  But if that's how you feel, then it is still a dumb move to create a temporary party "in exile." You'd just quit the GOP and join another one permanently.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Well,this is another place where I agree with Reagan. To paraphrase,"*I* didn't leave the Republican Party. The Republican Party left me."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2016, 02:04:07 am »
Luis wrote above:
"I've made my choice.
Have you?"

Yes.

I'll go down fighting.

You can relax with a drink-in-hand.

geronl

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2016, 02:10:07 am »

CNN is awaiting Trump's rally in Green Bay to start.  He is supposed to endorse Ryan. Big deal - not.

It is a "big deal" where Trump now shows what a lying, liberal establishment RINO he really is.

geronl

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2016, 02:10:35 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Well,this is another place where I agree with Reagan. To paraphrase,"*I* didn't leave the Republican Party. The Republican Party left me."

Agreed.