Author Topic: You Knew Damn Well Trump was a Snake Before You Let Him In  (Read 8154 times)

Wingnut

Re: You Knew Damn Well Trump was a Snake Before You Let Him In
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2016, 08:04:22 pm »
Well he does have Omarosa as well.

And Ben Carson...couple more and he'll have a fullon BLM for Trump... Manhattan chapter. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2016, 08:06:51 pm »
Well what about Diamond and Silk huh? They prove that Trump is making inroads with blacks.

Well, to point out one little thing, they are both paid actresses so we have no clue if they truly believe in him or they are acting a role they are payed to play.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2016, 08:13:17 pm »
Yah. It's all fun and giggles until January 20. when the #nevertrumpmania results in HRC raising her bloody right hand and placing her bloody left hand on the Bible and opening her lying mouth to swear the oath.

Won't that be a hoot?!

@LonestarDream
You want someone to blame for the loss to hitlary? Look to Lord Donald King of Ineptitude, Duke of Dimwittedness, Knight of Clownishness, and all of the willing Serfs who on bended knee worship at his alter of hyperbole, those are the true crafters of this disaster, not those of that chose wisely. Oh and by the way I see that all of us that the Donald and his cheerleaders told were not needed to win are apparently needed after all, why else would we you think we would be to blame for his loss. Different day same sad story, you wanted Trump he's your problem, but oh what a gift to the late night comedians.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2016, 08:37:10 pm »
Here's your binary choice:

1.  Vote for a NY liberal.
2.  Don't vote for a NY liberal.

I choose option 2.

Precisely right.  I choose option 2, as well.

@don-o
Former Republican.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2016, 09:11:25 pm »
Well, to point out one little thing, they are both paid actresses so we have no clue if they truly believe in him or they are acting a role they are payed to play.

:) I was being sarcastic. I have to say that when they show Trump rallies, there is a diverse crowd in his audience. Surprisingly diverse. Polls tell another story though.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2016, 09:20:57 pm »
:) I was being sarcastic. I have to say that when they show Trump rallies, there is a diverse crowd in his audience. Surprisingly diverse. Polls tell another story though.

You are right, this parade for Trump does look very diverse.  :smokin:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2016, 09:33:09 pm »

Remarkably so!  And some wine and gold colored shirts in that photo too.   Are those Donald's favorite colors??   ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2016, 09:38:54 pm »
I honestly believe he'd be impeached, convicted, and thrown out of office within two years -- especially if the Democrats take over the Senate, but even if the Republicans retain control.

Nope. you are thinking like a human being, not a Dem apparatchik.

If the Dems take the senate, they will not impeach Trump. Why would they? They can use his term full of idiocy to destroy both conservatism and republicans for at least a generation.

They tried with W, and failed basically because W is a good man AND IT SHOWS.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline r9etb

« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2016, 09:45:17 pm »
Nope. you are thinking like a human being, not a Dem apparatchik.

If the Dems take the senate, they will not impeach Trump. Why would they? They can use his term full of idiocy to destroy both conservatism and republicans for at least a generation.

Well, yes, you're right: I am thinking like a human bean.  OTOH, if the Dems in the Senate were to act as you suggest, after the House impeached him, it would effectively mean that they're endorsing Trump.

On the House side, if the GOP (probably still) majority were in favor of impeachment, the Dems would almost have to go along with it.

Hillary, on the other hand, would never get impeached (even though she'd probably deserve it).

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2016, 12:55:10 am »

They tried with W, and failed basically because W is a good man AND IT SHOWS.

They failed, but alas the Republicans themselves didn't. They had a genius for self destruction long before Donaldus Minimus was
a blip on any Republican's radar:

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline kartographer

« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2016, 01:47:43 am »
Yah. It's all fun and giggles until January 20. when the #nevertrumpmania results in HRC raising her bloody right hand and placing her bloody left hand on the Bible and opening her lying mouth to swear the oath.

Won't that be a hoot?!

@LonestarDream

BS! Donny said repeatedly and clearly in no uncertain terms that he didn't need us. So was Donny lying when he claimed that he didn't need our votes? What happened to all the support he claimed that he would get that would more that make up for the lack of support from the anti- Trump people? Was Donny lying about that as well? I know you won't answer any of these question because you Trumpkins have been no better! That was the the thing I saw going in if Trump won it was rub your face in it Trump is the Man and if he lost it was all the anti-Trump crowded's fault even though you Trumpkins claim repeatedly and loudly that the never Trumps had no power to stop the Donald. So which is it?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 04:52:16 pm by kartographer »
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

geronl

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2016, 02:04:41 am »
Because we lost. And yes, I do mean we - people of principle. That is done. And I hate losing. I am not looking forward to losing again. HRC in WH is mega losing.

If they vote for Trump knowing what a lowlife scumbag he is, then they are not "people of principle"

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2016, 03:11:08 pm »

:silly:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Silver Pines

« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2016, 08:09:35 pm »
What if you lived in Virginia?

@don-o

I live in Virginia, and I won't vote for Trump.  Not under any circumstances.

Do I believe Hillary is evil?  Without doubt.  I believe the same of Trump, and when I say evil, I mean it in the spiritual, Biblical sense (or perhaps the genuine sense).  I've seen the video in which he says he wouldn't stop the process of driving scissors into a newborn's skull.  And I don't believe for one moment the man has changed.

I won't stand in front of Jesus and answer for that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2016, 08:11:25 pm »
@don-o

Do I believe Hillary is evil?  Without doubt.  I believe the same of Trump, and when I say evil, I mean it in the spiritual, Biblical sense (or perhaps the genuine sense).  I've seen the video in which he says he wouldn't stop the process of driving scissors into a newborn's skull.  And I don't believe for one moment the man has changed.

Nor will I.

And I live in Ohio.

(As if where one lives dictates one's conscience.....  If that's not situation ethics, literally, what is??)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2016, 08:18:24 pm »
Nor will I.

And I live in Ohio.

(As if where one lives dictates one's conscience.....  If that's not situation ethics, literally, what is??)

I've been there when it comes to voting for a candidate when you know it's the wrong thing to do, and I found out that the spiritual consequences are not pleasant.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2016, 08:21:10 pm »
@don-o

But if you don't vote for Chancellor Palpatine you are supporting Darth Sidious!
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Silver Pines

« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2016, 08:54:51 pm »
But if you don't vote for Chancellor Palpatine you are supporting Darth Sidious!

If this guy, McMullin, gets any traction (yeah, right), we can start telling Trump folks that a vote for Donald is a vote for Hillary.

HonestJohn

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2016, 09:18:18 pm »

General Zod would make Emperor Palpatine kneel before him.  (and Darth Sidious, too... at the same time!)

Online Hoodat

« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2016, 04:45:13 am »

Ditto.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2016, 04:40:49 am »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2016, 01:12:42 pm »

Yep! VERY poisonous snakes at that!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2016, 06:53:38 pm »
True in theory, perhaps, but not in practice. 

Just look at the last at least 5 primary cycles: "Conservatism" has fallen to the point of extended bickering over which candidate is most deserving of "The Mantle of Reagan." 

Where are the debates over conservative ideas?  Where's the discussion of why conservative ideas are better than what's currently running the country?  There's little or none of that anymore -- hasn't been since, maybe, GWB's first campaign.  "Conservatism" as a movement is very sick.
Conservatism got hyphenated. It's hard to stay healthy when you are divided into subunits.

Instead of a single set of unifying principles, now you could be a conservative a la carte. One from column A, two from column B, would you like egg roll?  It doesn't work that way. Conservatism was never meant to be chopped up into moral morsels and put on the philosophical buffet, it was a full meal.

No more than a person will function as designed if whole sections or vital organs are removed, will conservatism function if whole portions of the philosophy are severed. In either desperation to defeat the Marxist juggernaut that overran the Democrat Party, or moral laziness, Republicans decided it was allowable to be an 'exceptional' conservative (as in "I'm a conservative, except ___________ (fill in the blank with pet liberal position)). Note, the founders didn't say "...are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, among these Life, or Liberty, or the pursuit of happiness--nope, all three were included together, and that was just the beginning. It isn't two out of three, but all of them. (One cannot support abortion, for instance, and make the grade). So, being conservative as a concept became  a diluted and corrupted version of itself.

And that, too, is a fallacy.  Politics is about personalities, just as much as it's about principles.  Politics is about people dealing with one another, and those who don't play well with others generally don't succeed.  Leadership, character, vision ... those are all personality things, not ideas; and in the political world they're indispensable.
Cruz didn't get along with those who would not stand against Obama and the Dems in the Senate, who were reneging on their oath of office to uphold and protect the Constitution, and selling out their constituents and the American People. To me, that's a virtue, not a fault, and I want someone with the sand to stand on principle and fight for that. I have little doubt that the likes of John Boehner 'got along' just fine and were invited to all the 'right' cocktail parties, but is that what they were supposed to be doing in DC?

Donald Trump isn't running on 'getting along with others', either, but that is different. Donald Trump's whole campaign, from the Wall, to the lies and deceptions about Cruz, to the series of polarizing attacks starting with something so little as calling his opponents names, to encouraging violence toward protesters, orchestrated booing, the only unity he proposes is 'us' (Trump supporters) vs the world, but most especially those who don't kiss the ring of Donald Trump. He rabidly attacks 'our own', but hasn't really reserved his vitriol (nor have a number of his supporters) for the opposition in this race, instead choosing to attack those who have refused to bend their knee to him within the GOP. He pays lip service to being an 'outsider' while schmoozing with the same people he allegedly wants to defeat (the 'establishment'), instead attacking those who were fighting them.

How do you consider getting what amounts to an angry mob to follow the lead torch "unity" or "playing well with others" when he even advocates voting out those conservatives who will not have endorsed him?

Silencing opposition right down to using internet trolls, fake twitter accounts, and dominating media may seem effective, but it isn't unifying, any more than the purges of Free Republic have produced "unity", or any other pogrom does. It isn't getting along with others, it is inciting a mob, declaring everyone who isn't kneeling before you the "enemy", and eliminating them, not unifying those who dissent behind common principles. Just because there is a crowd, doesn't even mean he's getting along, he has just pointed everyone at the same victim. The only problem is, he isn't even standing on principle, just the anger of frustrated and scared people. It is the unity of a lynch mob, with reason cast to the winds, an 'all who aren't with us must be eliminated' mentality, and "us" is defined by those who follow their 'dear leader', not who simply believe in something that transcends the individual.

There is not one damned thing conservative about that, when you consider the Constitution, the seminal purpose of this Republic was/is to protect the rights of individuals--including the right to disagree.
What ever happened to "I may not agree with what you said, but will defend to my dying breath your right to say it"? That whole idea, that concept of all having Rights, whether we agree with them or not has gone out the window of late. One thing is certain, Trump is not the embodiment of it; He's a fraud.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 07:15:31 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2016, 07:02:25 pm »
Well what about Diamond and Silk huh? They prove that Trump is making inroads with blacks.
Sorry, I have seen them as 'afroturfing' from day one. It may be 'catchy', it may work with people who watch a lot of sitcoms, but they are a gimmick, working a gig, whether they started as earnest supporters or were on the payroll somewhere from day one. Popularity='hits'=$$$! for 'internet sensations'.

I really don't see the epitomy of the "rich white man' being able to connect with the 'hood by himself.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2016, 07:13:03 pm »

Sorry, I have seen them as 'afroturfing' from day one. It may be 'catchy', it may work with people who watch a lot of sitcoms, but they are a gimmick, working a gig, whether they started as earnest supporters or were on the payroll somewhere from day one. Popularity='hits'=$$$! for 'internet sensations'.

I really don't see the epitomy of the "rich white man' being able to connect with the 'hood by himself.

Google "cooning"  that's how I've always taken them.

Just some sideshow entertainment on the Donald's caravan of fools.