Author Topic: The RNC Can Legally Dump Trump but it Has to Act Fast  (Read 3788 times)

Offline ScottinVA

Re: The RNC Can Legally Dump Trump but it Has to Act Fast
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 03:46:22 pm »

For those that may not remember:

Ronald Reagan, August 11, 1984, "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgSSRE27GQ0

That was what we call a joke.  And even the most simple-minded democrats in the land knew it to be a joke.  And... BTW... Reagan was already President -- something Trump will never be.

Wingnut

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2016, 03:51:44 pm »

For those that may not remember:

Ronald Reagan, August 11, 1984, "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgSSRE27GQ0

You would have done better with the Bomb Bomb Iran McCain quip.

Offline unknown

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2016, 04:09:28 pm »
In supporting Trump, you're not voting for a Republican now.

Possibly, maybe, I am not there. Look at Trumps list of supreme court nominees as an example, another one is his support of the 2nd amendment.. there are other conservative position that Trump is taking.

But we certainly know in supporting the status quo of republicans, means you are not voting for Republicans. Here is a list of republicans that have come out of the closet as supporting the most extreme leftist, liberal, communist, policies available to mankind:
Here is a running roll call of Republicans defecting from the GOP:

Voting for Clinton

Meg Whitman: President and CEO of Hewlett-Packard, GOP donor
Maria Comella: Former Communications Director for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie
Sally Bradshaw: Top Adviser to Jeb Bush, political strategist
Michael Bloomberg: Former Mayor of NYC, CEO of Bloomberg LP
Rep. Richard Hanna (R-NY)
Mark Salter: Former Chief of Staff and speechwriter for Sen. John McCain
John Stubbs and Ricardo Reyes: Former staffers in the George W. Bush administration and founders of pro-Clinton R4C16 PAC
Richard Armitage: Former Deputy Secretary of State under President George W. Bush, Assistant Secretary of Defense under President Ronald Reagan
Doug Elmets: Former White House spokesman under Reagan
Brent Scowcroft: National Security Adviser to Presidents Ford and Reagan
Jim Cicconi: Former Deputy Chief of Staff and Special Assistant to President George H.W. Bush
Charles Fried: Former U.S. Solicitor General
Former Sen. Larry Pressler (R-SD)
Former Gov. Arne Carlson (R-MN)
Not Endorsing Trump

President George H.W. Bush
President George W. Bush
Former First Lady Barbara Bush
Jeb Bush, former presidential candidate and former governor of Florida
Condoleeza Rice: Former Secretary of State under George W. Bush
Mitt Romney: former presidential candidate and former governor of Massachussetts
Gov. Rick Snyder (MI)
Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL)
Changed Their Position

Sen. Mark Kirk (R-IL): Formerly said he would support GOP nominee, now anti-Trump
Gov. Brian Sandoval (NV): Formerly pro-Trump, now undecided
Gov. Larry Hogan (MD): Formerly undecided, now not voting Trump
Have Yet to Endorse Trump

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ)
Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME)
Rep. Charlie Dent (R-PA)
Never-Trump Movement

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE)
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL)
Rep. Mark Sanford (R-SC)
Rep. Scott Rigell (R-VA)
Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-FL)
Rep. Bob Dold (R-IL)
Rep. Reid Ribble (R-WI)
Gov. Charlie Baker (R-MA)
Former Gov. Christine Todd Whitman (R-NJ)
Former Gov. Tom Ridge (R-PA)
Former Sen. Mel Martinez (R-FL)
Former Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)
Stuart Stevens: Former Romney 2012 strategist
Ken Mehlman: Former Republican National Committee chairman
taken from here: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,219071.0.html

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2016, 04:35:19 pm »
Look at the list of types of supreme court nominees that Trump would appoint. Full on constitutional conservatives - even Ted Cruz would be happy.

So be gone... Hillary wins and America loses, completely.

You are presupposing that

a/ Trump will stick with the listed nominees despite already having said he may not, and

b/ That if Trump is replaced (the subject of this thread) his replacement would NOT nominate conservative justices.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2016, 04:38:03 pm »
Trump won fair and square the majority of we the people want him as president and he will win as long as we cna keep the democrats from getting 100% and 114% of the vote in certain areas. Polls mean nothing if they are geri rigged like some have been lately. It dawned on the media channels that if trump is winning and we show polls that show him winning when Hillary tries to steal the election come voting day people won't believe she really won. I saw a poll that was outside of main media and done by a group of people that called 1000 people in every state in the union they were made up of 33% democrats 33% republicans and 34% independents and it said that the Economy was number one and Terror and safety was number 2 That 67% said they were voting Trump only 20% Hillary and 13% were undecided. Since I actually know a lot of people and have close to 300 on my facebook that most are voting Trump it does seem strange I have only one I know of voting for Hillary and she is a pretty ignorant women it makes sense and all my friends say the same thing do you know of anyone voting for Hillary and there are only a few of their family or friends that are. Most are really fed up with the federal government and all the corruption we have there. You folks here are going to be pretty surprised although if you look at the big crowds for Trump and the very small gatherings for Hillary it should be obvious people are mad.

Are you like Pauline Kael

“Pauline Kael famously commented, after the 1972 Presidential election, ‘I live in a rather special world. I only know one person who voted for Nixon. Where they are I don’t know. They’re outside my ken. But sometimes when I’m in a theater I can feel them.'”

Nixon won that election in a 49 state landslide.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline unknown

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2016, 04:49:48 pm »
You are presupposing that

a/ Trump will stick with the listed nominees despite already having said he may not, and

b/ That if Trump is replaced (the subject of this thread) his replacement would NOT nominate conservative justices.

Thank you for a reasoned response.

You are correct. That is what I am presupposing.

Specifically,
"1. Trump will stick with the listed nominees despite already having said he may not,"

This is certainly an issue. One of which deeply concerns me. But at least having the list gives us something we can grab a hold of and hold him to it, although granted, holding Trump to anything maybe impossible. (see the following clip on "building the wall, and it's costs"; Trump has gone from $4B to $12B; even if he was to build it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8dCYocuyI )

"2. That if Trump is replaced (the subject of this thread) his replacement would NOT nominate conservative justices."

My concern is that if Trump is replaced, it would show serious disarray within the republican party and there would be no way that anyone would then beat Hillary. Therefore, I believe that the RNC has to and must come to grips with Trump, support him, and make sure he wins. It sucks, no doubt about it, but here we are. And I believe we have Trump as a backlash against the democrat RINO elitist such as McCain, Romney, Boener, Jebbie, etc. Cruz would have been ideal here. But Trump is now the candidate. 

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 04:51:29 pm by unknown »

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2016, 05:02:36 pm »
Fair enough and a fair reply.  :beer:

I've got a slight problem with the whole "Holding Trump's feet to the fire" aspect, for three reasons.

The spineless cretins we'd be relying on to do so don't exactly have a brilliant track record in that respect at the best of times. I don't know what's in the water in DC, but whatever it is turns people. Think back to the ones put in as part of the Tea Party wave - how many are worth the effort to spit on now? They can't ALL have been snowjob artists prior to being elected.

Trump listens to Trump only. Again, this is from his own words and actions, nothing else. The only one who has shown any ability at all to get him to alter course/change his mind are his kids (specifically Ivanka).

Trump fanatics. You know they exist (You've seen them first hand!). No criticism will be permitted, and criticism seems to have expanded to simply disagreeing with the guy, never mind attempting to keep him on track.  :shrug:

Offline unknown

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2016, 05:12:19 pm »

I've got a slight problem with the whole "Holding Trump's feet to the fire" aspect, for three reasons.

The spineless cretins we'd be relying on to do so don't exactly have a brilliant track record in that respect at the best of times. I don't know what's in the water in DC, but whatever it is turns people. Think back to the ones put in as part of the Tea Party wave - how many are worth the effort to spit on now? They can't ALL have been snowjob artists prior to being elected.

Trump listens to Trump only. Again, this is from his own words and actions, nothing else. The only one who has shown any ability at all to get him to alter course/change his mind are his kids (specifically Ivanka).

Trump fanatics. You know they exist (You've seen them first hand!). No criticism will be permitted, and criticism seems to have expanded to simply disagreeing with the guy, never mind attempting to keep him on track.  :shrug:

I agree with everything you said above! And could have said it myself, although probably not as good as you have.

Let's have a :beer:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2016, 05:19:01 pm »

I agree with everything you said above! And could have said it myself, although probably not as good as you have.

Let's have a :beer:

You're on. I'll buy.  :beer:

I tend to assume most people (here, at least, where discussion is the order of the day) have come by their positions after much thought and some soul searching, and that is to be respected.

Offline unknown

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2016, 05:24:22 pm »
I tend to assume most people (here, at least, where discussion is the order of the day) have come by their positions after much thought and some soul searching, and that is to be respected.

I also very much agree with this statement.

I will buy the next one -  :beer:

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2016, 05:30:35 pm »
Then Trumpers need to never ever talk about party loyalty and party unity again. Do not demand things from non-Trump supporters you refuse to give yourselves.
Post of the quarter!
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2016, 05:33:49 pm »
Dump Trump and me and my family will never vote republican again!!

That wouldn't be a change for Trump. As for the rest of the faux conservatives. Bye.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2016, 06:02:23 pm »

Possible difference this time is that there are enough R's in Congress  to join Dems to make the threat of impeachment very real.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2016, 06:10:14 pm »
Possible difference this time is that there are enough R's in Congress  to join Dems to make the threat of impeachment very real.

When you are speaking of someone to vote for, "We can always impeach him" is not terribly reassuring.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2016, 06:14:38 pm »

None of us can imagine the raucous nonsense that would ensue.  Oh man...
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck