Author Topic: Trump's Antics Costing Him Potential Large Donations  (Read 2224 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's Antics Costing Him Potential Large Donations
« on: August 04, 2016, 02:17:34 am »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=742039

Newsmax
Trump's Antics Costing Him Potential Large Donations
Wednesday, August 3, 2016 07:26 PM

By: Eric Mack

Donald Trump's most recent verbal slips and public battles are scaring away large potential donors as they fear what the undisciplined and politically unrefined Republican nominee might say or do next in a faltering campaign, The Hill reported Wednesday.

"I just had a major donor tell me … 'If he wants to do this stuff, let him spend his own dough,'" a Trump fundraiser told The Hill, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "He said, 'I'm on hold for right now. As much as I want to win ... I don't mind losing, but I'm not going to just give money to a guy who's beating himself and making stupid mistakes.'"

"There's a lot of people who are very concerned and feel he has no discipline and that he's not controllable."

As much as Trump's campaign chair Paul Manafort is aware of the challenging situations his candidate creates, donors don't have confidence in Manafort impacting the nominee's approach, sources told The Hill.

"I would break his f---ing thumbs if I could … because he can't stop f---ing tweeting," the anonymous fundraiser told The Hill.

Donors are sending messages and emails urging "Trump to stay on message and keep attacking Hillary and stop the other antics," another senior member of Trump’s fundraising team told The Hill.

"People don't understand what he's doing," the source add. "He's not attacking Hillary, he's attacking our own. You eat your young, right?

"Do I feel uncomfortable? I've felt uncomfortable all along. The question is when do you lose your enthusiasm and stop working as hard."

Despite the report, Trump campaign finance chairman Steven Mnuchin announced Wednesday the campaign raised $80 million in July — up from $51 million in June.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ArneFufkin

Re: Trump's Antics Costing Him Potential Large Donations
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 02:41:14 am »
From what I've heard he is eschewing ALL the hard won, expensive GOP GOTV "big data".

His organization mocks the idea.

Dang it.   I do not want another President Clinton but Trump seems to want to usher her in.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 02:47:16 am »
Trump will not win.  He is what he is, and he will continue this politically destructive behavior right up until Nov. 8.

He'll be down 10 points by then.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 03:07:51 am »
Trump will not win.  He is what he is, and he will continue this politically destructive behavior right up until Nov. 8.

Sink, I fear .. but know ... you are right.

This past two weeks have been a disaster. 

He's incorrigible.  I usually use that description for good hearted and well-intentioned buffoons - but Trump is not GETTING IT.

So frustrated because I believe and know Hillary Clinton is one of the most duplicitous and  ... bad just BAD ... humans on Earth and she is likely to be our next ruler.

So .. how do the Cowboys look?  LOL  My Packers are strong ...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 03:12:37 am »

By then? Donny's already there......

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,219076.0.html

By Nov he will be down over 30.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 03:22:00 am »

I always loved Cannon's 1974 Silver Lincoln Mark IV.

Great car.

Oh, are we talking about Trump/Clinton?  Talk about a buzzkill ....

geronl

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 03:24:50 am »

Like a joke. Injuries and suspensions will make them even worse.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 03:27:20 am »
You guys know what this means...TRUMP CAN'T BE BOUGHT!!!

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 03:30:07 am »

Nothing was funnier than Cannon "debriefing" a perp:

"Hey punk, you got something to say to me?"

"No"

SLAP!!!

"Okay, okay, it was Pablo, Pablo. I have a vial of his DNA if you want, just don't have a coronary attack roughing me up!"

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 03:41:56 am »
Like a joke. Injuries and suspensions will make them even worse.

If number 9 plays 16 games you are strongly  in the mix.

That's how important QB is to success.  Tony is pretty good and there are no great teams this year.   Pats, Stillers, Pack, Cards, Vikes, Panthers.

Boyz aren't that far off.  Lots of talent there.

HonestJohn

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 04:19:47 am »

I doubt it.  Much of modern politics is tribal, with no regard for the candidate.

The GOP could nominate the Devil himself and hold a convention where he eats babies on live television... and at least 60% of the GOP would vote for him.  And the Democrats are the same.

I can see Trump down by 15-20%... but no more.

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 04:53:43 am »
You guys know what this means...TRUMP CAN'T BE BOUGHT!!!

But not because he's not for sale.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 06:51:30 am »
The GOP could nominate the Devil himself and hold a convention where he eats babies on live television... and at least 60% of the GOP would vote for him.  And the Democrats are the same.

I can see Trump down by 15-20%... but no more.

I think that's why many people here could end up surprised.  I don't think a Trump loss is inevitable.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2016, 07:02:27 am »

That's how important QB is to success.  Tony is pretty good and there are no great teams this year.   Pats, Stillers, Pack, Cards, Vikes, Panthers.

Boyz aren't that far off.  Lots of talent there.

There are only two teams I like:

1.  The Redskins

2.  Whoever is playing the Cowboys
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

geronl

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2016, 07:58:19 am »

That's how important QB is to success.  Tony is pretty good and there are no great teams this year.   P

Tony Romo has a fragile collarbone, one good hit and he is retired.

geronl

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 07:59:13 am »
But not because he's not for sale.

Trump has already been bought. His sale-by date is long past.

Silver Pines

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 02:31:50 pm »
From what I've heard he is eschewing ALL the hard won, expensive GOP GOTV "big data".

His organization mocks the idea.

Dang it.   I do not want another President Clinton but Trump seems to want to usher her in.

IMO, this can be traced all the way back to the phone call Trump took from Bill Clinton prior to running.  That was the time when the seventy year-old liberal suddenly did an about-face and discovered "conservative" values.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 03:37:28 am »
IMO, this can be traced all the way back to the phone call Trump took from Bill Clinton prior to running.  That was the time when the seventy year-old liberal suddenly did an about-face and discovered "conservative" values.

He may have discovered the Conservative label, but he still knows nothing of Conservative values.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Dirt for sale

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 03:56:38 am »
"I would break his f---ing thumbs if I could … because he can't stop f---ing tweeting," the anonymous fundraiser told The Hill.
Trump's thumbs are too delicate and like a woman's to be easily broken by any self respecting gentleman.
But it is sadly true that politicians no longer require thumbs.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 05:33:22 am »
Sink, I fear .. but know ... you are right.

This past two weeks have been a disaster. 

He's incorrigible.  I usually use that description for good hearted and well-intentioned buffoons - but Trump is not GETTING IT.

So frustrated because I believe and know Hillary Clinton is one of the most duplicitous and  ... bad just BAD ... humans on Earth and she is likely to be our next ruler.

IMHO if the line can protect Romo and Sean Lee can play an entire season we'll win the East.

See you in the playoffs.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 05:42:30 am »
Sean Lee play a whole season?  Good luck with that.  Sean Lee is one of the best defensive players in the game (and that's a huge compliment coming from a Redskins fan).  But he's always injured.   Always.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 05:44:53 am »
Sean Lee play a whole season?  Good luck with that.  Sean Lee is one of the best defensive players in the game (and that's a huge compliment coming from a Redskins fan).  But he's always injured.   Always.

I know and I just hope I didn't jinx him.  **nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!