Author Topic: Trump: ‘I don’t know why we’re not leading by a lot’  (Read 15142 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Trump: ‘I don’t know why we’re not leading by a lot’
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2016, 03:21:37 pm »
It is being reported today that Trump actually DID earn that Purple Heart he was given on Tuesday.

At the Battle of Poontang.

:silly: :silly: :silly:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2016, 03:23:26 pm »
He losing big because of the media coverage of his foul-ups.
If Hillary said the exact same stuff, we'd never know it.

I don't know.  Her bald faced lies to Fox last weekend got pretty good coverage.  Big difference in Hitlerly, is that she rarely talks to the press, which allows her to avoid gaffes of that nature. 

Both are disasters in waiting though.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2016, 03:24:07 pm »
It is being reported today that Trump actually DID earn that Purple Heart he was given on Tuesday.

Now there is a Hill he should have died on.
 :patriot:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2016, 03:24:59 pm »

Heard he also flew a few missions over Macho Grande.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 03:25:38 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2016, 03:26:12 pm »
Why think for yourself when you can do some cute verbal sniping and not have your preconceptions challenged?

Obviously, Jeb the Shrub that the majority of voters perceived, and still perceive, is not the mighty oak you believe he is.    It's not as if he were an unknown quantity - Republican voters nationwide know him; know what he's done; know the family and what they stand for.

They want no more of it.  And I am neither female, alcoholic, Leftist, or the mother of a professional baby butcher; so the Ann Richards comparison falls a bit short.

Excuse me for noting the irony of one who accuses someone else of "cute verbal sniping" and yet uses the term "Shrub" imagining himself to be a deep thinker.

I'm long past wanting to argue about George W. Bush, and I did not support Jeb in any way, shape or form, but if you want to be taken seriously in your critique of the Bush family, I would suggest you give up the childish Ma Richards term for President Bush.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 04:08:49 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline unknown

« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2016, 03:26:55 pm »
Let's see............ you are defending Trump by admitting that he is significantly farther left than any of the "RINO's" on that list?

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm...........

Trump is a Progressive, unknown.  Conservatives with consciences can't support him.

"Let's see............ you are defending Trump by admitting that he is significantly farther left than any of the "RINO's" on that list?"

You are wrong - I have done no such thing. I was going to put forth his list of potential supreme court justices to show that Trump exhibits some conservative values, along with his support of the 2nd amendment, etc. etc. You can do the homework yourself. It is out there.

What do you project, build strawmen, and ASSume things about others that you know are not true. Why do that? Hmmmmmmm?

"Trump is a Progressive, unknown.  Conservatives with consciences can't support him."

Trump is an unknown. Absolutely. Given the RINO/democrat list, we absolutely know who they are. People have rejected the corrupt liberal status quo. Deal with it! Or join the RINO/democrat list and vote Hillary.

Cheers!

:beer:

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Wingnut

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2016, 03:28:56 pm »
"Let's see............ you are defending Trump by admitting that he is significantly farther left than any of the "RINO's" on that list?"

You are wrong - I have done no such thing. I was going to put forth his list of potential supreme court justices to show that Trump exhibits some conservative values, along with his support of the 2nd amendment, etc. etc. You can do the homework yourself. It is out there.

What do you project, build strawmen, and ASSume things about others that you know are not true. Why do that? Hmmmmmmm?

"Trump is a Progressive, unknown.  Conservatives with consciences can't support him."

Trump is an unknown. Absolutely. Given the RINO/democrat list, we absolutely know who they are. People have rejected the corrupt liberal status quo. Deal with it! Or join the RINO/democrat list and vote Hillary.

Cheers!

A-Lert Jr.  Is that you?

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2016, 03:30:10 pm »
Nate Silver@NateSilver538   2h2 hours ago
Clinton now 73% to win in our polls-plus model. 78% in polls-only. http://53eig.ht/2934XS8

Offline musiclady

« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2016, 03:30:31 pm »

Cheers!

It is precisely because I HAVE done my homework, that I cannot support your liberal nominee, Donald Trump.

Who, incidentally, is a poster boy for the "corrupt liberal status quo."

You can support a corrupt liberal if you wish, but my conservatism and my conscience will not allow me to vote for a Democrat, who is a rotten person to boot.

Do your homework.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2016, 03:32:28 pm »
A-Lert Jr.  Is that you?

Nah............. just a smart alecky liberal supporting his liberal candidate on a conservative forum.

Wingnut

« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2016, 03:32:54 pm »
Nate Silver@NateSilver538   2h2 hours ago
Clinton now 73% to win in our polls-plus model. 78% in polls-only. http://53eig.ht/2934XS8

Trump You magnificent bastard!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2016, 03:33:16 pm »
A-Lert Jr.  Is that you?

Nah. A-Lert had the virtue of being funny.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2016, 03:35:27 pm »
Nah. A-Lert had the virtue of being funny.

You are correct.  My bad

Plus this guy is emoji challenged. Something A-Lert was not. :beer:

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2016, 03:39:11 pm »

And let's not forget he was commissioned through ROTC at Trump U.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2016, 03:40:46 pm »
Excuse me for noting the irony who accuses someone else of "cute verbal sniping" and yet uses the term "Shrub" imagining himself to be a deep thinker.

I'm long past wanting to argue about George W. Bush, and I did not support Jeb in any way, shape or form, but if you want to be taken seriously in your critique of the Bush family, I would suggest you give up the childish Ma Richards term for President Bush.

When the Shrub family goes back to its natural habitat...and stops choking the life out of the Republican farm of young shoots who could be the promise of future good...then I'll lay off the sniping.

Until then, I'll point out the ridiculous situation of the scions as presented.  Really.  Do you think trying to run a national campaign by "going around the base" is anything other than the deluded folly of a contemptuous, spoiled, entitled, third-generation scion...who has the bloat to match the attitude displayed?

I mock those I see as needing mockery.  And I certainly do not respect those who have contempt for me, my beliefs, the nation I defended in uniform, and the principles which gave all of this to all of us.

Wingnut

« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2016, 03:43:27 pm »
Heard he also flew a few missions over Macho Grande.

Over Macho Grande?

No. I don't think He'll ever get over Macho Grande.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2016, 03:45:54 pm »
What an imagination you have.

Those same Republican voters, insightful and knowledgeable that you say they are, chose Donald Trump, a man who consistently polled as losing to the worst Democrat candidate in quite some time, over Jeb Bush, one of the several candidates who consistently polled ahead of Hillary in a head-to-head race

Far more voted for someone OTHER than Trump, than voted for Trump.

And many Trump votes came from Republicans-for-a-Day, temporary crossovers in Open Primaries.

The Party Base did not support Trump.  But even FEWER than the numbers of Trump cultists, were the numbers impressed by the bloated, arrogant countenance and confused utterances of JEB!

You want to lose even BIGGER than with Trump?  Run JEB!...the Man With No Plan.

Don't laud the virtues of the same voters that gave the nomination to Trump.

That's piss on my leg, not rain.

You seem insightful; but you pick and choose.

The Party base didn't WANT Trump. 

It was CRUZ who was getting much the same numbers - and WITHOUT fake-Republican votes, WITHOUT a cult, without either money or free media or a recognized name.  IN THE FACE of Trump's slanders.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2016, 03:55:36 pm »
When the Shrub family goes back to its natural habitat...and stops choking the life out of the Republican farm of young shoots who could be the promise of future good...then I'll lay off the sniping.

Until then, I'll point out the ridiculous situation of the scions as presented.  Really.  Do you think trying to run a national campaign by "going around the base" is anything other than the deluded folly of a contemptuous, spoiled, entitled, third-generation scion...who has the bloat to match the attitude displayed?

I mock those I see as needing mockery.  And I certainly do not respect those who have contempt for me, my beliefs, the nation I defended in uniform, and the principles which gave all of this to all of us.

Go ahead then, and mock ala Richards.  But don't present yourself as a conservative thinker when you do that, because you hurt your own argument when you use silly leftist words rather than sticking with principles that can be defended.

Since this forum tends to be more cerebral than what you may be used to, I would suggest that you stick with opinions and facts, and leave out the elementary school stuff.

I don't expect you to pay any attention to rational commentary, however.  Mockers rarely do.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2016, 04:00:01 pm »
This shouldn't stand unremarked.

Excuse me for noting the irony who accuses someone else of "cute verbal sniping" and yet uses the term "Shrub" imagining himself to be a deep thinker.

I don't use the Leftist trick of spewing a slimy spray of Six-Dollar Words out to impress others of my deep thoughts.  I'd like to think my assertions and the reasoning behind them, stand on their own merits.

In my Web-Punditry days, I tried to write conversationally - and with humor.  Make it readable.  A cross between Mark Steyn and Stephen King.

Alas, the news site I wrote didn't survive the blog revolution, much less the Faceplant onslaught...and now it's literally tens of thousands of self-styled pundits, writing to one another and hoping to be noticed by someone in government.  One side or the other.

Not unlike other fields of late...if you didn't get in on the ground floor, you have to be very, very good.  So, for me, it didn't happen and won't - but still I write as I speak, conversationally.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2016, 04:07:22 pm »
This shouldn't stand unremarked.

I don't use the Leftist trick of spewing a slimy spray of Six-Dollar Words out to impress others of my deep thoughts.  I'd like to think my assertions and the reasoning behind them, stand on their own merits.

Sorry.  'Shrub' doesn't stand on any merits whatsoever.

My final comment on the subject to you.  A word to the wise......

Offline unknown

« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2016, 04:13:32 pm »
A-Lert Jr.  Is that you?

I have no idea who that person is... Fill me in.. Or better yet, not!

:0006:

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2016, 04:18:41 pm »
Nah............. just a smart alecky liberal supporting his liberal candidate on a conservative forum.

hmm, you might want to check this out..   http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,203243.0.html

IF DONALD TRUMP is our nominee, will you vote for him in the General?

YES! HE WAS CHOSEN AT THE CONVENTION61      (36.1%)
NO! I WILL STAY HOME OR VOTE DOWN TICKET68 (40.2%)
I WILL WRITE IN TED CRUZ!37                             (21.9%)
I WILL VOTE FOR HILLARY!3                                 (1.8%)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2016, 04:22:57 pm »

hmm, you might want to check this out..   http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,203243.0.html

Already did.

Conservatives on the forum look to be about 60%............ and aren't even voting for Trump much less crusading for him, seeing as Trump is a corrupt Democrat.

But you feel free to carry on, if campaigning for a Dem is what you enjoy doing.......

Offline unknown

« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2016, 04:29:45 pm »
Already did.

Conservatives on the forum look to be about 60%............ and aren't even voting for Trump much less crusading for him, seeing as Trump is a corrupt Democrat.

But you feel free to carry on, if campaigning for a Dem is what you enjoy doing.......

Nice try..
Doesn't fly...

:pigs fly:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2016, 04:36:00 pm »
Nice try..
Doesn't fly...

Except you ARE here trying to get us to vote for your liberal Democrat candidate, so it flies pretty good.  :seeya: