Author Topic: Electoral College Elector Vows Not To Vote For Trump  (Read 867 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

geronl

Re: Electoral College Elector Vows Not To Vote For Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 07:10:28 pm »
very interesting

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 07:31:37 pm »
Trump is only a couple of points from losing Georgia altogether.  Georgia & Hillary Clinton - let that sink in.  The Gingrich comments won't help him either.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 07:36:17 pm »
Does anyone seriously think this is going to be an issue?  Trump has 0% chance of winning in November.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 07:40:29 pm »
Faithless electors

In United States presidential elections, a faithless elector is a member of the United States Electoral College who does not vote for the presidential or vice presidential candidate for whom they had pledged to vote. That is, they actually vote for another candidate, or fail to vote, or choose not to vote. A pledged elector can become a faithless elector only by breaking their pledge; unpledged electors have no pledge to break.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 08:01:15 pm »
http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/03/electoral-college-elector-vows-not-to-vote-for-trump/

This is one reason we have electors and not direct elections...so they can exercise discretion.  Good for Mr. Vu ...a true American!   :patriot:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn