Author Topic: Rush: My Advice for Trump: Take It Ideologically, Not Personally  (Read 765 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/08/03/my_advice_for_trump_take_it_ideologically_not_personally

My Advice for Trump: Take It Ideologically, Not Personally
August 03, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  So I checked the email, and I get this question a lot. "Rush, do you have any input in the Trump campaign?" or, "Rush, is there anybody you can call?" or," Rush, do you talk to Trump?"  The answer is no to all those three.  I've not reached out to anyone. I do everything I do here, right here behind the Golden EIB Microphone.  It hasn't happened.  Look, it's simple what needs to happen here, folks.  I mean, I don't care how you answer the Hemmer question.  I mean, some people would answer the Bill Hemmer question.

Is politics upside down and are we looking at this all wrong, and are people who are supporting Trump not bothered by this at all? Who knows?  I do think politics been turned upside down, and I do think a lot of the traditional way of analyzing and looking at things is outmoded in this campaign, 'cause you can't plug Trump into any of these formulas and blueprints that people use to analyze politics and to succeed in the politics business.

But I think -- and again this is advice that's worth exactly what it's costing Trump, which is nothing.  But I do believe that he's taking way too much of this personally.  And I think the reason he's taking it personally is because, A, it's his nature.  His whole life has been built on not accepting attacks, not ignoring them.  He answers them.  Somebody goes after him -- if anybody try to take him out, somebody tries to damage him or his business or his family -- he doesn't just look the other way and bide his time and come back for 'em later.

He hits 'em at that moment.  It's his nature.  Now he's in presidential politics.  His nature is triumphant and dominant, and that's the way he's doing it.  But what he doesn't get is that throwing Khizr Khan and his wife on stage at the Democrat National Committee and any of these other attacks are not personal.  They really aren't.  Donald Trump is how old, 70-some-odd years, 60? I don't know. In his whole life, nobody ever called him a racist; nobody ever thought he was.  But now that he's running for president opposite a Democrat, guess what he is?

He's a racist.  But I believe the reason that he takes everything so personally beyond his nature is (and I think I said this Monday) he doesn't have an ideological grounding.  It's just not how he looks at the world or people.  And so when the Democrats trot out people like Khizr Khan and his wife and they go after Trump, Trump takes it personally and wants to go out and destroy Khizr Khan and so forth -- and it's Hillary.  Khizr Khan is there as part of a left-wing liberal strategy that has to be beaten back, not the guy personally.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34