Author Topic: Anti-Trump Republicans caught in quandary  (Read 939 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Anti-Trump Republicans caught in quandary
« on: August 03, 2016, 01:26:14 pm »
 Anti-Trump Republicans caught in quandary

Even as a few move to Hillary's camp, many remain reluctant to help a Democrat, but lack a clear idea of what to do instead.

By Kyle Cheney

08/03/16 05:20 AM EDT

After Donald Trump sparked another week of turmoil, prompting President Barack Obama to question how Republicans can continue to support him, even the Republicans most critical of him remain unwilling to embrace his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton.

But they have no consistent notion of what to do instead.

Interviews with a dozen GOP activists who worked to block Donald Trump’s nomination reveal that their efforts have largely disbanded and scattered since their defeat at the Republican National Convention. Now, some are biting their tongues and supporting Trump. Some are fleeing the party altogether. Others are lining up behind Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson and his running mate Bill Weld, both moderate former GOP governors. Only a few are doing the unthinkable: reluctantly backing Clinton.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/never-donald-trump-republicans-226537
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Anti-Trump Republicans caught in quandary
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 01:34:45 pm »
All it will take is one brave prominent Republican to unendorse and the floodgates will open.

Trump's campaign is unraveling.  How ironic that it was begun by a Muslim waving a copy of the US Constitution.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 01:37:28 pm »
Actually I feel like I have more options than normal.

Leaning toward skipping the presidential race on my ballot and concentrating on downticket races.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 01:39:16 pm »
"They’ll feel vindicated if Hillary wins,” he said. “They’re going to be like ‘I told you so,’ and they’re going to take the next four years and shove it into the face of every person who supported Trump.”

Yep.  That's me.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kartographer

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 01:40:12 pm »
First why should we vote for him? Has he not repeatedly and clearly stated that he doesn't need our vote? So how can you and your fellow trumpster claim that a non-vote is a vote for 'hittlary'? When 'The Donald' clearly stated he doesn't need our vote?

Besides you worry to much Ark, for people who believe that their man is the best thing since the virgin birth you trumpsters have little confidence that your little orange god can pull it off. I have no doubt that he will beat 'hittlary', for one thing NO one since the fall of Rome knows more about bread and circuses than 'The Thumpster' does.

Then after he wins your dreams will be fulfilled and American will get just what it deserves, you see that's the part that scares many of us, because we understand that it will truly be just what we deserve.
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 01:44:51 pm »
"“It is Mr. Trump who is making unification of the party difficult,” said South Carolina Congressman Mark Sanford, in an email to POLITICO. “Each new altercation brings with it more concern from the voters I speak with on why unification around him is growing more and more difficult.”"

I am practically desperate for this idiot to do or say something to make me want to vote for him.

The GOPe are going around whispering that Trump has abandoned any talk of deporting illegals. Trump is talking about tripling domestic spending over Hillary's proposal on "infrastructure". Good gawd.

A week or two ago someone mentioned something about Trump if elected blasting Obama appointees out of the nooks & crannies of the fedgov. What ever happened to that?

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 05:15:10 pm »
Get on the train!! bellow Donaldus Minimus's minions.

This should be his campaign song . . . (it would also work for Hilarious Rodent Clinton, too) . . .

Savoy Brown, "Hellbound Train"

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 05:18:09 pm »
Here's how I look at things.
Right now, Darrell Castle has my vote.
Gary Johnson is hell no, I can't think of anything positive from that.
Trump, if enough crap is floating in the pool and it truly looks like he might get impeached.
Clinton, if things descend so far, that I feel like its time to drive a stake through the country.  And electing her would galvanize the people in to pushing for secession, or other unthinkable, but inevitable things.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 06:11:50 pm »
Quandary?  Not.

From where i sit I'm happy as a #Nevertrump.  Better than being in the quagmire that is an Orange Barbarian cultist.   Half these people need to be on a suicide watch after Trump implodes.

geronl

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 06:26:50 pm »
Not voting for Trump is the easiest decision I have ever made.