Author Topic: ABC: RNC Considering Options If Trump Drops Out  (Read 26380 times)

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Re: ABC: RNC Considering Options If Trump Drops Out
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2016, 05:30:00 pm »
I found a link for the History Channel documentary on the French Revolution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fizl8oAqG50

With no commercials, it's only an hour and a half. There are several parallels from the French Revolution to this political season, and "climate change" is one of them. Unrest was prompted by several years of unseasonably cold weather that wreaked havoc on agriculture.

Otto Scott's book "Robespierre, The Fool as Revolutionary" is a great source of information on that era as well.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2016, 05:34:59 pm »
This bears repeating.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2016, 06:10:38 pm »
"This is absolutely unprecedented," Karl said. "I am told that RNC chairman Reince Priebus is furious — he has had multiple discussions with Trump telling him he needs to drastically change course. "

How cute.  Reince is furious.  The bastard had to know that Trump was going to be like this -- everybody else did.  Why didn't he do his job during the primaries and during the convention?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:11:26 pm by r9etb »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2016, 06:13:34 pm »
Priebus and his cronies missed that boat at the convention when they crushed the Conservative dissenters.  Too late to disown the monster they created.

Sort of reminds one of when Dr. Frankenstein admired the monster he created and then the monster turned on him and killed him.

Trump has killed most of the party.  Only Ted Cruz remains untouched.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2016, 06:17:00 pm »
I respectfully disagree. Pence did not participate during the primary process. If Trump drops out, Cruz is the man. RNC members have put themselves in an untenable position, and it started over a year ago. Their support of open primaries and not taking control of debates led to the position they're in now.

Totally agree with you about Ted Cruz.  He's the only one throughout this whole process who has kept his honor and integrity ....

Offline r9etb

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2016, 06:18:42 pm »
The RNC is the LEAST responsible entity for Trump.

The RNC WISHES that they had damned near anyone but Trump as a candidate.

If we accept your position, then the RNC is still at fault.  If nothing else, the RNC had its chance at the Convention, and booted it.  And they never (as a body) intervened in any way during the primaries, even as Trump's flaws became glaringly evident.

They're complicit through their inaction.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:20:01 pm by r9etb »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2016, 06:19:05 pm »
Totally agree with you about Ted Cruz.  He's the only one throughout this whole process who has kept his honor and integrity ....

Yep...90% of the GOP are complicit in this disaster.

Those who STILL defend this POS should be ashamed of themselves.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2016, 06:21:04 pm »
Once it is too late to replace him, he'll drop out.

geronl

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2016, 06:22:22 pm »

The RNC is the LEAST responsible entity for Trump.

The RNC WISHES that they had damned near anyone but Trump as a candidate.

The GOPE was "anyone but Cruz"

Offline r9etb

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2016, 06:22:34 pm »
My prediction is if they do end up replacing Trump, however that might play out, the replacement will be Bush.

And I'd vote for Bush in a heartbeat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2016, 06:23:10 pm »
I have to disagree with people who think Trump got in this to promote and elect Hillary.

That's a theory way out of Trump's wheelhouse.  He would not have gone to this much trouble for Hillary ... he only praised her when he thought she might be useful to him.

He has an extremely narrow view of things ... to credit him with that much of a conspiracy theory is just nuts.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2016, 06:37:40 pm »
I have to disagree with people who think Trump got in this to promote and elect Hillary.

That's a theory way out of Trump's wheelhouse.  He would not have gone to this much trouble for Hillary ... he only praised her when he thought she might be useful to him.

He has an extremely narrow view of things ... to credit him with that much of a conspiracy theory is just nuts.

Hence my theory that he is just Bill's pawn who's arrogant enough and stupid enough to do just what Bill expected.  ^-^

geronl

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2016, 06:40:24 pm »
every state has different rules about replacing candidates and you can be sure it will be impossible in some.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2016, 06:43:37 pm »
Hence my theory that he is just Bill's pawn who's arrogant enough and stupid enough to do just what Bill expected.  ^-^

Anything is possible, but what's in it for Trump to be Bill's pawn??  That's the first question that should be asked about anything Trump does.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2016, 06:51:16 pm »
Anything is possible, but what's in it for Trump to be Bill's pawn??  That's the first question that should be asked about anything Trump does.

He seems to me to be someone easily swayed by those he holds in esteem.  I'm sure Slick Willy is high on his esteemed list.  I'm sure he was promised something his ego couldn't refuse.  If anyone is capable of manipulating a personality like Trump's it's Slick Willy.

geronl

« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2016, 06:52:27 pm »
He seems to me to be someone easily swayed by those he holds in esteem.  I'm sure Slick Willy is high on his esteemed list.  I'm sure he was promised something his ego couldn't refuse.  If anyone is capable of manipulating a personality like Trump's it's Slick Willy.

Putin said nice things about him and he is swayed. lol

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2016, 06:59:17 pm »
Putin said nice things about him and he is swayed. lol

:silly: :silly:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2016, 07:18:30 pm »
The GOP-e/RNC teamed up with Trump at the convention against conservatives, and we won't forget.

He won the nomination!

What the Hell was the RNC supposed to do

Say what you want, and I am more critical of Trump than most, but he won the nomination.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

geronl

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2016, 07:19:53 pm »
He won the nomination!

Say what you want, and I am more critical of Trump than most, but he won the nomination.

Not break their own rules and tradition to stomp on the delegates would have been a good start

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2016, 07:24:55 pm »
He won the nomination!

Following the rules would have been a good start!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2016, 07:41:16 pm »
Not break their own rules and tradition to stomp on the delegates would have been a good start

He won the nomination.

Period.

To then stage some sort of convention coup would have looked like crap.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline r9etb

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2016, 08:49:53 pm »
He won the nomination.

Period.

Well, yes.... but right now the Trump candidacy looks like crap anyway.  More like crap, even, than it did before the convention. 

To your point, though: I suspect that to the general electorate, a convention coup might well have looked more like an honest effort to pick a rational candidate; i.e., doing what a convention is supposed to do. 

Instead, the convention rubber-stamped a candidate who is manifestly unfit, and who may actually have sanity issues.  And THAT makes the entire party look like crap.

HonestJohn

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2016, 09:01:46 pm »
I don't have any particular problem with Pence but I have a real problem with allowing the GOP to continue manipulating this race the way they've done since the beginning. The only reason they allowed Trump to run was to take out Cruz and that blew up in their faces when Cruz managed to keep his head down long enough for Trump to eliminate the establishment competition. In the end the GOP managed to force Trump to accept Pence on the ticket.

My consolation is that Trump will eventually talk and tell us of any deals he made which will take down those republicans who allowed themselves to be conned.

That's not what happened.

Trump entered this race threatening to be a 3rd-party candidate.  The GOP panicked, thinking it was a rehash of Perot in 1992.  So they co-opted him, getting him to run as a Republican.

He did very well in the primaries and the GOP panicked again, turning to Jeb to save them.  Jeb flamed out.  So the GOP turned to Rubio.  He did a bit better, but flamed out.  So they finally settled for Cruz.

It was then that we learned just how much the GOP hated Cruz, as the fellow GOP support was tepid at best.

Regardless, the root issue is that roughly 40% of the GOP primary voter base wants someone like Trump.  A vindictive, spiteful king who seeks personal harm to fellow Americans and fellow party members.

geronl

« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2016, 09:18:29 pm »
He won the nomination.

Period.

Following the rules to allow things to be considered instead of putting them down like a sick dead and then lying about states withdrawing their petitions or hearing a chorus of YES on a voice vote and saying the No's have it.

This doesn't look like how democracy is supposed to work.

Allowing the orchestrated of booing of a speaker too.

geronl

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2016, 09:20:21 pm »
  So they finally settled for Cruz.

No they didn't. They never supported Cruz till the end. They'd rather have had Trump.