Author Topic: Two-Thirds of Americans Support Free College Tuition; 1/3 of Republicans, 80% of Democrats, 67% of Independents Support It.  (Read 1651 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: NBC NEWS

URL: http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/college-game-plan/two-thirds-americans-support-free-college-tuition-n620856

by: Kevin Lamarque

This might be an idea whose time has come: Nearly two-thirds of Americans are in favor of free college for everyone, and about three-quarters think at least some people should be eligible for free college, a new survey shows.

As the labor market increasingly benefits the better educated, and as college education and earnings potential become more tightly linked, people are coming around to an idea that seemed radical until very recently.

This might be an idea whose time has come: Nearly two-thirds of Americans are in favor of free college for everyone, and about three-quarters think at least some people should be eligible for free college, a new survey shows.

As the labor market increasingly benefits the better educated, and as college education and earnings potential become more tightly linked, people are coming around to an idea that seemed radical until very recently.

Free college has support across party lines, although Bankrate found that political affiliation affects the extent of that support. About a third of those who identify as Republican support free college for all, compared to more than 80 percent of Democrats. Independents split the middle, with 67 percent in favor.

"I think it's on the radar of most Americans," said Steve Pounds, Bankrate.com's personal finance analyst. "It doesn't matter if you're a Democrat or a Republican — you're facing higher costs to send your kids to college."

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST ....

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline NavyCanDo

1/3 of Republicans must be in college or about to enter college.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline SirLinksALot

1/3 of Republicans must be in college or about to enter college.

Or have graduated and are BADLY IN DEBT.

Offline Dirt for sale

Gov pumping money into schools created the parabolic student debt. Their solution is to pump more money in, buying votes at the same time. And it's all OPM.
Put me in the 1/3 that considers stealing to be immoral. Stealing through a third party is cowardly in addition.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 04:58:53 am by Dirt for sale »

Offline Frank Cannon

As the labor market increasingly benefits the better educated, and as college education and earnings potential become more tightly linked....

Really? That sophistry isn't shown in the real world. From what I run into, kids coming out of collage haven't a clue about the jobs they were educated in and end up living in moms basement. They are also entitled, show up late, leave early and just take personal days for the hell of it. They want free collage so they can dick around for 10 years with a built in excuse and have it cost them nothing to get that Comparative Shoe Size degree.

I know a guy in a major company that actually moves single moms into his management program because they have a vested interest in busting ass to bring home a paycheck. He got tired of interviewing grads who's first question is about getting 2 or 3 weeks vacation the first year.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 05:35:05 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline mrclose

In order for one person to get a thing without paying for it, another person must pay for that thing without getting it.

Walter Williams
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:56:13 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, a couple of thoughts....

You get what you pay for...

and

There ain't no free lunch.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

Free [sic] College:  1/3 of Republicans, 80% of Democrats, 67% of Independents Support It

This means that 2/3 of Republicans, 1/5 of Democrats, and 1/3 of Independents know they will be the ones paying for Free [sic] College.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

geronl

Offline kjam22

We should do a 10 year study.  Stop all college loans for 10 years.   Then evaluate the overall results.   Then commission a new 10 year study to determine possible solutions before starting loans again.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Love all that "free" stuff. Is the populace so dumbed down that they don't realize it is the people's money? I have watched the man-in-the-street reporters interview people who think the government has its own money. **nononono*
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline ScottinVA

So... I notice nary a word is written about WHAT PAYS FOR IT!!!

rangerrebew

I'm sure these same people support "free" healthcare, too. :thud:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
According to this, "Being A Crook, It's Not Just For Democrats Anymore."

1/3 of Republicans support theft too.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com