Author Topic: VIDEO: Veteran gives Donald Trump his Purple Heart medal  (Read 3486 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
VIDEO: Veteran gives Donald Trump his Purple Heart medal
« on: August 02, 2016, 04:39:19 pm »
VIDEO: Veteran gives Donald Trump his Purple Heart medal

Lt. Col. Louis Dorfman has so much confidence in Donald Trump, he gave the presidential candidate his Purple Heart medal.

More: http://www.theamericanmirror.com/video-veteran-gives-trump-purple-heart-medal/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHnpZwbpnow

:patriot:

Trump receives Purple Heart from veteran: ‘This was much easier’

A veteran gave Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump a Purple Heart medal before his Tuesday morning rally in Ashburn, Virginia, prompting Trump to comment that “this was much easier” than earning it himself.

The Purple Heart is awarded to members of the U.S. armed forces when they have been wounded or killed in war.

Trump told the audience during his rally that “something very nice just happened to me. A man came up to me and he handed me his Purple Heart.”

As the audience aahed, Trump continued: “I said to him, ‘Is that like the real one or is that a copy? And he said, ‘That’s my real Purple Heart. I have such confidence in you.’”

“And I said, ‘Man that’s big stuff.’ I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier, but I tell you it was such an honor.”

Trump, who identified the veteran as retired Lt. Col. Louis Dorfman, then brought him up on stage and shook hands, holding the award up again for the crowd. According to records, Dorfman was wounded in action in November 2007 in Iraq.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article93239777.html#storylink=cpy
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 04:44:11 pm by TomSea »

Silver Pines

Re: VIDEO: Veteran gives Donald Trump his Purple Heart medal
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 05:02:46 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHnpZwbpnow

:patriot:

I advise caution in going to that link; when I did so, I received a "threat blocked" message.

Bradd Jaffy
‏@BraddJaffy
 “I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier,” Trump says after man gave him his at rally.

Bradd Jaffy ‏@BraddJaffy  1h1 hour ago
Trump says he asked "is that...the real one or a copy?" says man said real; man told @KatyTurNBC earlier it was copy

Kevin D. Williamson ‏@KevinNR  1h1 hour ago
For injuries sustained in his "own personal Vietnam" at the Battle of P------g.  (My edit)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 05:10:09 pm »
A perfectly moving moment that he can capitalize on and express public thanks for his service and sacrifice, hand it back, and say he isn't worthy, and show himself an honorable man.. and instead we get:

“And I said, ‘Man that’s big stuff.’ I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier, but I tell you it was such an honor.”

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 05:45:01 pm »
A perfectly moving moment that he can capitalize on and express public thanks for his service and sacrifice, hand it back, and say he isn't worthy, and show himself an honorable man.. and instead we get:

He just isn't capable of such a response.  It's not in him.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 05:47:51 pm »
How appropriate, on the day the New York Times writes an article on Trump's FIVE deferments:

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/new-scrutiny-over-trumps-medical-deferment-during-vietnam-war/
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 05:49:50 pm »
The vast majority of vets are still with Trump.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 05:51:25 pm »
The vast majority of vets are still with Trump.

As they were with Romney.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 05:54:50 pm »
Trump is an idiot.  He turns a potentially moving and positive moment into a travesty by running his mouth before he engages his brain.  I wish there was a way to dump him from the ticket before he destroys this country by handing the presidency to Hilary.
God is still in control

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 06:04:25 pm »
Trump is an idiot.  He turns a potentially moving and positive moment into a travesty by running his mouth before he engages his brain.  I wish there was a way to dump him from the ticket before he destroys this country by handing the presidency to Hilary.

The man (boy) has an EQ of zero.  He doesn't have the capacity to understand basic human emotion, empathy, kindness, selflessness....

As has been said, this would have been a perfect opportunity to do something right, and his self-absorption just won't allow it to happen.

The best hope we have to get him off the ticket is for him to step down because he's tired of the game, and wants to go out a "winner."

If he doesn't, Hillary is elected, and the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of Trump and his blind followers.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 06:11:06 pm »
n.

The best hope we have to get him off the ticket is for him to step down because he's tired of the game, and wants to go out a "winner."

If he doesn't, Hillary is elected, and the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of Trump and his blind followers.....

The problem is this is a guy who, no matter what he says, doesn't mind losing at all as long as he has protected his downside (The Art of the Deal).  He takes losing positions all the time when he can build his brand on the downside. He sticks his name on a lot of losing propositions (even his prior Presidential run) just so he can build his brand even though he knows the venture in front of him is a losing shot.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 06:29:34 pm »
Pearls before swine.

Offline ABX

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 06:36:01 pm »
I just realized we've been reading this all wrong. This was actually brilliant. Now that Trump is a proud owner of a Purple Heart, no one can question his ability to handle nuclear weapons, or something like that. #6thDimensionChessMove

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 06:43:12 pm »
I just realized we've been reading this all wrong. This was actually brilliant. Now that Trump is a proud owner of a Purple Heart, no one can question his ability to handle nuclear weapons, or something like that. #6thDimensionChessMove

Offline RedHead

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 06:48:02 pm »
“And I said, ‘Man that’s big stuff.’ I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. "

If Trump really always wanted a Purple Heart then why the five draft deferment?

Offline ABX

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 06:50:29 pm »
“And I said, ‘Man that’s big stuff.’ I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. "

If Trump really always wanted a Purple Heart then why the five draft deferment?

He probably thinks he earned one for avoiding STDs.
https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1914&dat=19910628&id=IgkgAAAAIBAJ&sjid=QGUFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2986,6776335&hl=en
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 06:51:25 pm by AbaraXas »

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 07:00:18 pm »
To a guy who used a chain of phony medical deferments to avoid military service.  For him to accept it on that basis is an affront to every brave military member who has received the PH.

Hope he got his money's worth on that deal. /s
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:18:11 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 07:14:51 pm »
Barack Obama agrees with all your criticism of Mr. Trump and he'd like to thank you all personally for your support. However, he's indisposed at the moment on the golf course.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 08:41:50 pm »
Barack Obama agrees with all your criticism of Mr. Trump and he'd like to thank you all personally for your support. However, he's indisposed at the moment on the golf course.

I get so tired of the "if you don't worship trump you support Hilary and Obama" routine   Got anything else?
God is still in control

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 08:49:43 pm »
No, Barack Obummer has not called Duke Ala Orange a memeber of the Clinton Machine.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Silver Pines

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 09:22:35 pm »

@aligncare

Yes, because God forbid anybody criticize "Mr. Trump", right?  Messiah and deliverer of humanity that he is..

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 10:57:04 pm »
Trump, Who Deferred Draft Five Times, Says He Always Wanted Purple Heart.     
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 11:03:47 pm »
I get so tired of the "if you don't worship trump you support Hilary and Obama" routine   Got anything else?

Nope, that's it.  :banging:

Wingnut

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 11:06:35 pm »
IF trump had served..The only purple heart Trump would have received was after his troops fragged him

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 11:09:39 pm »

Even though it's expressly forbidden on this forum since it is a grotesque lie (NO one here supports either of these leftist monsters), the desperate aligncare continues to use the same rotten, indecent ad hominem....

....because it is literally the only thing he has.

It's desperation when the lies are more frequent than reality.  Trump supporters are becoming clones of their deceitful god.

@Mom MD
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 11:10:06 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2016, 11:26:56 pm »
Trump's public defenders are as ignorant as he is:

Steve Popper
‏@StevePopper
Trump spokesperson Katrina Pearson just said on CNN that Obama's changing of rules of engagement probably cost Capt. Khan his life. In 2004.

Khan died in 2004.