Author Topic: Donald Trump says The New York Times doesn't "write good"  (Read 5165 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Donald Trump says The New York Times doesn't "write good"
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2016, 05:08:46 pm »
I have no interest in disrupting the haughty little Trump party going on, but i am pretty sure he is using the word "good" as a noun, not an adverb. But don't let me interrupt. Carry on.
That would be even more worser.

Let's just say I can understand "potatoe" easier than this.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2016, 05:10:55 pm »
That would be even more worser.

Let's just say I can understand "potatoe" easier than this.

This discussion has turned hugh and very series.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2016, 05:14:40 pm »
It is the first quote we are talking about.  Look at the first quote.  Yes it is in quotes.  You are talking about the second quote where "good" is related to what they are reporting about how he performed.

Yep, I see that. I understand what he meant to say, "No matter how much good I do, they never write about anything that is 'good'." This seems to be what he was getting at, but it is not what he said. He seems to be mixing the use of 'good' as a noun and an adverb throughout the statement, and it comes out as a complete mess.

It is sort of, kind of, easy to figure out what he was saying, but apparently he went to the George W. Bush school of grammar.

It is notable that he never once used the word 'well' in the statement. This would lead us to believe that this is a word that he does not normally use. I have always read that no matter how rich Trump became, he was still looked down on by the hoity toity elites. This may be a window into why that happened. Those guys can sense if you are 'one of them' in less than five minutes.

But again, this may all work out to help, not hurt, him. There is no faster way known to man to make enemies than to correct someone's English.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:20:16 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 05:21:21 pm »
I always read that no matter how rich Trump became, he was still looked down on by the hoity toity elites. This may be a window into why that happened. Those guys can sense if you are 'one of them' in less than five minutes.

But again, this may all work out to help, not hurt, him. There is no faster way known to man to make enemies than to correct someone's English.
Boom. Looks like I nailed it in post #14. Clasic Trumpsplaining.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2016, 05:22:07 pm »
This discussion has turned hugh and very series.
888high58888 I'm stuned!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2016, 05:28:03 pm »

Well done, @Idaho_Cowboy !

It's like he read your post and complied.   :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2016, 05:31:06 pm »

My friend Paulie did that once.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2016, 05:37:13 pm »
Yep, I see that. I understand what he meant to say, "No matter how much good I do, they never write about anything that is 'good'." This seems to be what he was getting at, but it is not what he said. He seems to be mixing the use of 'good' as a noun and an adverb throughout the statement, and it comes out as a complete mess.

It is sort of, kind of, easy to figure out what he was saying, but apparently he went to the George W. Bush school of grammar.

It is notable that he never once used the word 'well' in the statement. This would lead us to believe that this is a word that he does not normally use. I have always read that no matter how rich Trump became, he was still looked down on by the hoity toity elites. This may be a window into why that happened. Those guys can sense if you are 'one of them' in less than five minutes.

What about this?  Think this might hurt him?

Sopan Deb
‏@SopanDeb

Trump in VA receives copy of Purple Heart from a vet: "I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2016, 05:39:17 pm »
Well now, since yall done gone an called my name, I went back an I read me that post #14.

The gist of what you say there is that Trump is talkin' like a common man to git their vote. Well, that just ain't nowhere close to being true. Trump ain't no ways taaard! He come too far! From where he started from!

Stating the obvious and then claiming that it is some kind of 'insight' is ridiculous. Every politician in the history of man talks down to the population to 'be one of them'. This is nothing new. Just look at Obama's stuttering guy routine that he performs once in a while. This is Obama's attempt at being 'just one of the guys'.

I've got my own Post #14. I predict that Trump will kiss a baby! There. I said it. It's on record that I predicted it.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2016, 05:41:19 pm »
Trump is in no ways tarred.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2016, 05:41:34 pm »
Well now, since yall done gone an called my name, I went back an I read me that post #14.

The gist of what you say there is that Trump is talkin' like a common man to git their vote. Well, that just ain't nowhere close to being true. Trump ain't no ways taaard! He come too far! From where he started from!

Stating the obvious and then claiming that it is some kind of 'insight' is ridiculous. Every politician in the history of man talks down to the population to 'be one of them'. This is nothing new. Just look at Obama's stuttering guy routine that he performs once in a while. This is Obama's attempt at being 'just one of the guys'.

I've got my own Post #14. I predict that Trump will kiss a baby! There. I said it. It's on record that I predicted it.

Nope sorry. http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,218796.msg999619.html#msg999619
As baby cries during rally, Trump first says "I love babies," then "Kidding, you can get the baby out of here."
You could have won that with anyone but Trump, he doesn't like babies.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:41:52 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2016, 05:42:56 pm »

Only after the priest says "You may kiss the bride."

Don't leave me that sort of opening ...  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2016, 05:43:16 pm »
OFF TOPIC: This has been a fun break, but alas, I must away now to work. Thank you all very much.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2016, 05:43:43 pm »

Except with Trump, he is not affecting his poor grammar.  He really doesn't use good grammar as a matter of course. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2016, 05:44:07 pm »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2016, 05:49:15 pm »
Trump is in no ways tarred.

Ooo............ I LIKE that one, Restored.  :beer:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2016, 05:52:23 pm »

You really think Trump talks stupidly on purpose to get votes??

And from this post, you think that what Hillary did in her "No ways taard" was OK?

And you also compare Democrat Trump with Democrat Obama?  How telling.

Your entire premise makes me chuckle, 240B.

It's so silly.................... yet remarkably predictable for a Trump lackey!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2016, 06:01:16 pm »
OFF TOPIC: This has been a fun break, but alas, I must away now to work. Thank you all very much.

Likewise.  I hope you are otherwise well, 240B.  As inane as they may be, my posts were meant to humor.  Or, to be humor. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2016, 07:21:00 pm »
I have no interest in disrupting the haughty little Trump party going on, but i am pretty sure he is using the word "good" as a noun, not an adverb. But don't let me interrupt. Carry on.

Do you really want a POTUS representing the entire free world who doesn't even have command of his own language?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2016, 07:22:55 pm »
http://data.grammarbook.com/blog/adjectives-adverbs/good-v-well/

"Good" modifies the verb "writes."  That makes it an adverb.

Good is also a noun, similar to "books".  One could write books.  One could also write "good".  It's a bit of poetic license, similar to saying one could "write evil".

Don't assume an error when another possibility exists.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2016, 07:35:28 pm »

Yo da man Idaho!

Ooo............ I LIKE that one, Restored.  :beer:
@musiclady
Would it have been wrong  to answer: "Re"tarred "ed" 

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2016, 07:40:54 pm »
I was thinking more along the lines of ...

:silly:
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2016, 01:09:01 pm »

I am still on track, and batting a thousand. I rarely make direct predictions on this site. But when I do, so far, to my own surprise as much as anyone else, they have all come true.

Now if I could just predict lottery numbers, or stock quotes, you know, something more productive.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2016, 01:18:42 pm »

I am still on track, and batting a thousand. I rarely make direct predictions on this site. But when I do, so far, to my own surprise as much as anyone else, they have all come true.

Now if I could just predict lottery numbers, or stock quotes, you know, something more productive.

Well clearly your Orange Baal has the moron vote locked down. Remains to be seen if there are enough common people (read stupid) in America to put this nut job over the top.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2016, 01:30:44 pm »
Something tells me his minions won't notice the error.

[attachment deleted by admin]