Author Topic: Himmler diaries found in Russia reveal daily Nazi horrors  (Read 1538 times)

Online mountaineer

Himmler diaries found in Russia reveal daily Nazi horrors
« on: August 02, 2016, 08:39:04 pm »
BBC
Aug. 2, 2016

Chilling details have emerged about the daily life of Heinrich Himmler, the Nazi SS chief who sent millions of Jews to their deaths in the Holocaust.

The German tabloid Bild is serialising excerpts from Himmler's wartime diaries, recently discovered in Russia.

One day, Himmler wrote, he had a massage before ordering the execution of 10 Poles. And he says he enjoyed a snack at Buchenwald concentration camp.

He also told the SS to train dogs that could "rip people apart" at Auschwitz.

Historians will publish the diaries in a book next year, with background notes.

Himmler was in Adolf Hitler's elite circle, and had the official title "Reichsfuehrer SS". He commanded the death squads who murdered Jews, Poles, Soviet prisoners-of-war, Roma and others categorised as "racially inferior".

The diaries are being studied by the German Historical Institute Moscow. They cover the years 1938, 1943 and 1944 and were found at a Russian defence ministry archive in Podolsk, a town just south of Moscow.

Historians had earlier examined Himmler's diaries from the years 1941, 1942 and 1945 - but they were unaware of the missing ones until recently.

The find is seen as highly significant and has been compared with the diaries of Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels.

German researcher Matthias Uhl said he was struck by Himmler's enormous concern for his elite SS, family and friends - while meticulously implementing mass murder.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Himmler diaries found in Russia reveal daily Nazi horrors
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 01:42:52 am »
I gather they are authentic.

It's amazing they still find something new like this; though, they find things from Biblical times still as well.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 03:41:43 am »
BBC
Aug. 2, 2016

Chilling details have emerged about the daily life of Heinrich Himmler, the Nazi SS chief who sent millions of Jews to their deaths in the Holocaust.

Once again it needs to be pointed out that Jews were only ONE group targeted for death by the Nazi's,and there was a higher percentage of Gypsies murdered by the Nazi's than there were Jews.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

geronl

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 03:46:40 am »
I am sure they are as authentic as the Hitler diaries

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 06:29:20 am »
Considering they already had three years of his diaries, you'd think there would be ample opportunity to compare handwriting, style, etc. When there are others to compare to, it'd be tougher to counterfeit the missing years.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 11:04:55 am »

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. Don't forget,the Soviets took eastern Europe,including eastern Germany and Berlin from the Nazi's,and being dedicated communists,they weren't real big on sharing. They even had Hitler's skull hidden away in the KGB archives for decades,and we didn't know this proof existed that Hitler had committed suicide until after the USSR collapsed. They have museums dedicated to WW-2 all over Russia. Or did in the early 90's. Lots of that stuff has probably been sold off since then,and the remainder consolidated into larger museums in larger cities. I went to one myself in the early 90's in a smaller Russian city named Yoshkar-Ola.

They also have maybe the only museum in the world dedicated to the Mari People there,with artifacts,photos from the 20's,etc,etc,etc. They were original Russians that looked like American Indians,whose language root was only related to Finnish and a dialect spoken by SOME of the Magyars in Hungary. Nowhere else in the world. Not many pure native people's left alive today,though. That ended when Stalin forced Russians to all move to cities he designated as industrial areas. Boys and girls are going to do what boys and girls do,and the result was the Mari pretty much disappeared genetically.

Yoshkar-Ola/The Mari Republic also had the bad luck to be one of those cities designated as an area with industry dedicated to the Soviet military,and ended up being where the Soviet SS-20 nuclear missiles were manufactured. LOTS of people in that area born with crippling birth defects because their parents worked in those factories.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!