Author Topic: There is something very wrong with Donald Trump  (Read 15791 times)

Offline r9etb

Re: There is something very wrong with Donald Trump
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2016, 02:44:13 am »
Of all the ones who got winnowed out...I'd have cheerfully supported any of them except Goober Graham, Kase-Itch or Shrub.  ANY of the rest of them would have been better than what we've wound up with.

I'd be so happy to vote for Kasich right now....

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2016, 02:44:25 am »
The Trump School for People Who Can't Read Good:

He went to a Grate Skool...where they learnt him to talk good.

Now, he be makin the Grate Deels.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2016, 02:45:27 am »
I'd be so happy to vote for Kasich right now....

Yeah, I'm just about there.

But remember...he may be brighter than Trump but he's just as duplicitous.  And he's part of this...his WHOLE PURPOSE was to prevent Cruz from hitting the delegate threshold.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 02:46:00 am »

Trump formulating his defeat response.

Donald Trump on Monday said he's "afraid" the November election "is about to be rigged," stoking mistrust of the system that he has fostered among his supporters.

The GOP nominee consistently complained of a system "rigged" against him as an "outsider" during the primaries. Now, with less than 100 days until the general election, Trump is again expressing doubts about the legitimacy of the process.

"I'm afraid the election's gonna be rigged. I have to be honest," Trump said.

I wish I could save your post here....this is HIGHLY likely.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2016, 02:46:07 am »
He is stupid;

Trump is a lot of things, many of them bad.... but stupid he is definitely not.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2016, 02:48:16 am »
...his [Kasich's] WHOLE PURPOSE was to prevent Cruz from hitting the delegate threshold.

I doubt it.  I think his intent was to be the compromise candidate in a contested convention, because the polls (probably correctly) indicated he was the one who could beat Clinton in the general election. 

Of course, we see how well that worked....

Wingnut

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2016, 02:49:26 am »

He is dumb as a box of rocks.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2016, 02:50:54 am »

After seeing his irrational behavior and block headed decisions we cannot take stupid off the table. His grammar and spelling is also a tip that he is less than a stellar thinker.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2016, 02:51:06 am »

Sorry, I don't see it.

His work, which was basically being a Tammany Hall bagman and interface with REAL developers, was not demanding.  Hardest thing he had to do was find lawyers sufficiently scuzzy.

His behavior and statements since he got in, suggest a man of low IQ.   The personal attacks and demonization of opponents and those who might be in his way, are the tools of the STUPID.  Intelligent people discuss ideas.  Average people discuss events.  Morons discuss, and poor-mouth, PEOPLE.

His success is more due to his father's and others' political protection; and the youthful good looks he had thirty years ago, and his cult imagery since...than anything he's done.

What has TRUMP HIMSELF said that is profound, about policy or proposals?  I don't give a rat's rearend what's on his website.  WHAT GENIUS COMES OUT OF HIS OWN MOUTH.

I haven't heard anything.  I hear a noisy, stupid, ugly man unencumbered by moral restraints.

geronl

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2016, 02:52:06 am »

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2016, 02:52:13 am »

Offline r9etb

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2016, 02:52:26 am »
He is dumb as a box of rocks.

He's not. 

He's not sane, though, and that makes him say and do incredibly idiotic things.  Things that are survivable in the world of business and graft, but not in the merciless world of presidential politics.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2016, 02:54:01 am »
Thank you for the links! Someone in my lineage has this disorder; it is hideous. She hasn't empathy or compassion for anyone but herself. Even at her own daughter's wedding, she didn't compliment her on her pretty dress, etc.; instead she just kept saying, "Don't I look fab? Isn't this a great MOB dress? Aren't my shoes cute?"  **nononono*

In particular, I found the study of 600 hours of Trump footage perhaps the most disturbing but it certainly captures what we have been witnessing from Trump since he started his campaign for the presidency:

...“Trump confabulates a lot and has grandiose fantasies, which he has come to believe in, thus partially and intermittently losing touch with reality (delusionally ‘failing the reality test’),” Vaknin explains.

Another area of concern is Trump’s hypervigilance, which is to the point of actual paranoia. He feels “besieged by conjured enemies and imaginary slights to his person, appearance, or accomplishments,” Vaknin explains. “He reacts aggressively and vindictively to such perceived narcissistic injuries and humiliations. His is a siege mentality.”

...Another trait that Vaknin noted during the 600 hours of footage of Trump he watched is the fact that Trump “places a premium on appearances rather than substance.”

When asked how Trump plans to accomplish an of his plans — such as building a wall, or what he plans on replacing the Affordable Care Act with once he “repeals it,” as he has repeatedly said, Trump’s answers have no substance but, instead, have a lot of misplaced confidence.

“I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2870145/malignant-and-psychopathic-donald-trump-expert-studies-600-hours-of-trump-footage/#rC5KROl4Vpbh25w7.99

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wingnut

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2016, 02:54:08 am »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2016, 02:54:36 am »
He's not. 

He's not sane, though, and that makes him say and do incredibly idiotic things.  Things that are survivable in the world of business and graft, but not in the merciless world of presidential politics.

He's not stupid.  But he is ignorant.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2016, 02:55:17 am »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2016, 02:59:00 am »

Oh man this can't be true!  TOS were having orgasms over the speech.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2016, 02:59:22 am »
I hear a noisy, stupid, ugly man unencumbered by moral restraints.

All I can say is that Trump reminds me very strongly of a guy I know -- coincidentally also named Donald -- whose behavior was/is amazingly similar.  A very able and smart fellow, but utterly narcissistic, and unable to control himself, to his own detriment and much, much more to the detriment of those who are affected by his actions.  Both men have a positive gift for sowing dissension, distrust, and outright hatred.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 03:00:56 am by r9etb »

geronl

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2016, 02:59:55 am »
I doubt it.  I think his intent was to be the compromise candidate in a contested convention, because the polls (probably correctly) indicated he was the one who could beat Clinton in the general election. 

Of course, we see how well that worked....

Most Republicans have no idea just how far left Kasich is on many many things, it is something that would have hurt him.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2016, 03:01:16 am »

Yes, both choices are insane.

The only question is who leads.

On that one, well.. Ted said the only sane thing... vote your Conscience..... Up and Down the ticket.

I'll harbor no Ill will to any Man or Woman who votes their Conscience this time around.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline r9etb

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2016, 03:01:55 am »
Most Republicans have no idea just how far left Kasich is on many many things, it is something that would have hurt him.

Quite possible.  His only appeal for me was that he behaved as an adult.  But still far better than Trump.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2016, 03:05:45 am »
He is already starting with the excuses, claiming today that the election will be rigged. Watching both ABC and NBC news coverage of the latest firestorm regarding the Gold Star family and the Putin relationship lies, Trump is in big big trouble.

Yes, he could quite easily lose and blame it all on fraud, without dropping out.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2016, 03:06:43 am »
After seeing his irrational behavior and block headed decisions we cannot take stupid off the table. His grammar and spelling is also a tip that he is less than a stellar thinker.

I don't know if its New York or what but I have never heard anyone say bigly.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2016, 03:07:24 am »

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn