Author Topic: Trump fears election could be 'rigged'  (Read 5359 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Trump fears election could be 'rigged'
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2016, 11:57:38 am »
I can only guess,and my best GUESS is that it would be illegal for the alleged Republican Party to just appoint a candidate,and that it would also be illegal to delay an election.

I am GUESSING that the new alleged Republican candidate would be Pence by default (after all the job he was running for has replacing the presidential candidate as it's reason to exist),and the Party Insiders/RNC/DNC will appoint his running mate. Maybe JEB,maybe Lady Lindsey,maybe any out of a large group of stealth Dim globalists. Not that it matters because the new ticket will probably have less than a month to mount a campaign,tell the people who they are,and what their vision is.

Can't be done.

Gee,I wonder if this means Bubbette! will win?

Gee,I wonder how long it will take Orange Julius to show up at the WH to sign contracts?

I would want them to go with Pence.

He would lose but its better that a GOP appointed candidate lose than someone like Ted Cruz. I doubt Cruz would accept being placed on the ballot like that anyway.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2016, 12:03:15 pm »
I would want them to go with Pence.

He would lose but its better that a GOP appointed candidate lose than someone like Ted Cruz. I doubt Cruz would accept being placed on the ballot like that anyway.

I am guessing Pence would pretty much be stuck with it because no politician in his right mind will want to accept taking over the lead on a race that is  a certain loser.

Come to think of it,the alleged Republican Party may even have a hard time finding anyone willing to run as the VP.  It would pretty much have to be someone who was already planning on retiring.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:04:54 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2016, 12:04:34 pm »
I am guessing Pence would pretty much be stuck with it because no politician in his right mind will want to accept taking over the lead on a race that is  a certain loser.

Come to think of it,the alleged Republican Party may even have a hard time finding anyone willing to run as the VP.  It would pretty much have to be someone who was already planning on retiring.

Chris Christie would be on the VP slot like ugly on an ape.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 12:05:32 pm »
Chris Christie would be on the VP slot like ugly on an ape.

And what a apt description that is!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2016, 12:07:11 pm »
If Trump can be persuaded to step down (and now is the perfect moment to apply the pressure),  then Pence should be the new nominee.   I don't know what the rules are (if in fact there are rules for such a contingency),  but Pence won't split the GOP the way Cruz or Kasich would.   That's because Pence has the imprimatur of Trump himself,  and won't cause the Trump supporters to bolt.  Pence has the best shot of uniting the three wings of the current GOP - the Trumpsters, the NeverTrumps, and the moral wafflers that Bret Stephens refers to as the go-along Republicans.   

The time is now, folks -  Trump's feud with a Gold Star family renders him toxic,  and his refusal to come clean about the Russian connections to his businesses creates an unacceptable conflict of interest.    A united push by prominent Republicans to get Trump to step down could not only succeed, but create a united GOP in its midst.   

It's time to choose, folks,  for the future of conservatism and the nation.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2016, 12:07:57 pm »
And what a apt description that is!

There are a few who would take any shot at getting close to the White House.

Huckabee is another who isn't concerned with his dignity.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2016, 12:11:08 pm »
If Trump can be persuaded to step down (and now is the perfect moment to apply the pressure),  then Pence should be the new nominee.   I don't know what the rules are (if in fact there are rules for such a contingency),  but Pence won't split the GOP the way Cruz or Kasich would.   That's because Pence has the imprimatur of Trump himself,  and won't cause the Trump supporters to bolt.  Pence has the best shot of uniting the three wings of the current GOP - the Trumpsters, the NeverTrumps, and the moral wafflers that Bret Stephens refers to as the go-along Republicans.   

The time is now, folks -  Trump's feud with a Gold Star family renders him toxic,  and his refusal to come clean about the Russian connections to his businesses creates an unacceptable conflict of interest.    A united push by prominent Republicans to get Trump to step down could not only succeed, but create a united GOP in its midst.   

:0001:

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2016, 12:15:34 pm »
Anyone know for sure what the official  procedure is to replace a presidential candidate if he or she is assassinated during a campaign? Whatever it would be would be the legal basis for replacing one that just quits.

RULE NO. 9
Filling Vacancies in Nominations
(a) The Republican National Committee is hereby authorized and empowered to fill any and all vacancies which may
occur  by  reason  of  death,  declination,  or  otherwise  of  the  Republican  candidate  for  President  of  the  United  States  or  the
Republican  candidate  for  Vice  President  of  the  United  States,  as  nominated  by  the  national  convention,  or  the  Republican
National Committee may reconvene the national convention for the purpose of filling any such vacancies.

(b)  In  voting  under  this  rule,  the  Republican  National  Committee  members  representing  any  state  shall  be  entitled  to
cast the same number of votes as said state was entitled to cast at the national convention.

(c) In the event that the members of the
Republican National Committee from any state shall not be in agreement in the casting of votes hereunder, the votes of such state
shall be divided equally, including fractional votes, among the members of the Republican National Committee present or voting by proxy.

(d) No candidate shall be chosen to fill any such vacancy except upon receiving a majority of the votes entitled to be
cast in the election.

Excerpt from Rules of the Republican Party:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/prod-static-ngop-pbl/docs/Rules_of_the_Republican+Party_FINAL_S14090314.pdf

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2016, 12:23:22 pm »
If Trump can be persuaded to step down (and now is the perfect moment to apply the pressure),  then Pence should be the new nominee.   I don't know what the rules are (if in fact there are rules for such a contingency), <<

@Jazzhead

I don't know what it is,but there HAS to be a contingency plan to replace assassinated presidential candidates,so that could be used as a legal model.

but Pence won't split the GOP the way Cruz or Kasich would.   <<

Excellent point. I don't really see any of the previous contenders being willing to step into that role,though. It would be a career killer. Pence is pretty much stuck with it unless the RNC can find a poll with an ego as big as Trumps whose political career is over anyhow. Someone earlier mentioned Chris Christie earlier as a possible Pence running mate,and he fits for either spot. His career is dead anyhow,so it's not like he has anything to lose,and it would feed his ego just to run.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:27:26 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2016, 12:28:32 pm »
There are a few who would take any shot at getting close to the White House.

Huckabee is another who isn't concerned with his dignity.

Well it is hard for a whore to claim dignity.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2016, 12:34:03 pm »
 Here's Bret Stephens from this morning's WSJ:   

There's a saying that in politics there no permanent victories - and no permanent defeats. . . . [But that] doesn't mean there is no permanent dishonor.  Huey Long, Charles Coughlin, Alger Hiss, Joe McCarthy and Bull Connor are the foul names of America's 20th century, and always will be. And those who supported and excused them will always be tainted by associations.

This is where Republicans now find themselves with their presidential nominee. Of all of Donald Trump's vile irruptions . . . his casual smear of Ghazala Khan is perhaps the vilest. . . . What makes Mr. Trump's remarks so foul is their undisguised sadism. . . . He degraded her . . .

It will not do for Republicans to say they denounce Mr. Trump's personal slanders; his nativism and protectionism and isolationism; his mendacity and meanness and crassness; his disdain for Constitutional protections - and still campaign for his election.  There is no redemption in saying you went along with it, but only halfway;  the with Mr. Trump you maintained technical virginity:  To lie down with him is to wake up with him.  It's as simple as that. . . .

Politics is mostly the business of maintaining popularity in the here and now.  Not always.  Come January, Mrs. Clinton will likely be President.  Whether there is still a GOP that can still lay a claim to moral and political respectability is another question.  Mr. Ryan and other go-along Republicans should treat the Khan episode as their last best hope to preserve political reputations they have worked so hard to build.

Trump's got to go.  Let Pence take the wheel and see if he can rescue us from the ditch.   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2016, 12:35:15 pm »
RULE NO. 9
Filling Vacancies in Nominations
(a) The Republican National Committee is hereby authorized and empowered to fill any and all vacancies which may
occur  by  reason  of  death,  declination,  or  otherwise  of  the  Republican  candidate  for  President  of  the  United  States  or  the
Republican  candidate  for  Vice  President  of  the  United  States,  as  nominated  by  the  national  convention,  or  the  Republican
National Committee may reconvene the national convention for the purpose of filling any such vacancies.

(b)  In  voting  under  this  rule,  the  Republican  National  Committee  members  representing  any  state  shall  be  entitled  to
cast the same number of votes as said state was entitled to cast at the national convention.

(c) In the event that the members of the
Republican National Committee from any state shall not be in agreement in the casting of votes hereunder, the votes of such state
shall be divided equally, including fractional votes, among the members of the Republican National Committee present or voting by proxy.

(d) No candidate shall be chosen to fill any such vacancy except upon receiving a majority of the votes entitled to be
cast in the election.

Excerpt from Rules of the Republican Party:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/prod-static-ngop-pbl/docs/Rules_of_the_Republican+Party_FINAL_S14090314.pdf

@guitar4jesus

Thanks!

Looks like I was wrong about Pence being stuck with it.

I wonder if the GOP is really so far out of touch they are willing to piss off the evangelical voters who support Pence by forcing him to step down for a party insider like Christie?

MAYBE The Huckster would sooth the fevered brow of the evangelicals,but it would do nothing to appease the rest of the traditional Republican voters that would see this as another knife in the back of the party rank and file.

I think they would pretty much be stuck with Pence,and that Pence would pretty much be stuck with the thankless job of heading up a losing campaign.

Meanwhile,Orange Julius rides to the WH in his chauffeured limo to sign contract with the Clinton Administration,Part 2,after she takes office.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2016, 12:40:06 pm »
Either way it would be a lost cause and I still believe that was the plan all along.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2016, 12:43:30 pm »

There's a saying that in politics there no permanent victories - and no permanent defeats. . . . [But that] doesn't mean there is no permanent dishonor.  Huey Long, Charles Coughlin, Alger Hiss, Joe McCarthy and Bull Connor are the foul names of America's 20th century, and always will be. And those who supported and excused them will always be tainted by associations.

@Jazzheadhead   

Joe McCarthy has been vindicated by history. EVERY charge he made was true and accurate. At the time he made the charges he had access to the top secret proof that the people he accused of being communist agents WERE communist agents,but he couldn't offer that proof without pulling a Bubbette! Clinton and exposing Top Secret information and methods. At the time he made the charges the Feebs actually had the telephone and teletype lines in the Soviet Embassy tapped,and were recording EVERY telephone conversation in the building,as well as reading the faxes and teletypes.

The left didn't know for sure how much evidence McCarthy had or how he got it,but the one thing they did know was he could never disclose methods or sources,so they challenged him to do just that so he would be forced to refuse and they would end up looking like victims.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2016, 12:45:07 pm »
Either way it would be a lost cause and I still believe that was the plan all along.

@guitar4jesus

Yup. I have been saying this since the day Trump announced he was running.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2016, 12:54:28 pm »

First of all, Pence would not be the automatic President.  He was nominated as the VP.  Keep in mind he didn't run, he was selected.

I've tried to find a concrete answer to what would happen if Trump were to drop out; it seems that it would be up to the RNC.

Filling a Vacancy: From the Nomination to the Electoral College Vote

Since the time of Andrew Jackson's run for the presidency in 1828, individual political parties have had the job of filling any vacancy on their national ticket, either that of their presidential or vice-presidential candidate. If one of their candidates vacates the ticket after they are nominated, either because of death or withdrawal, the party selects a replacement.

Both the Republican and the Democratic parties have rules in their bylaws governing how to fill the vacancy. The Party Chair calls a meeting of the National Committee, and the Committee members at the meeting vote to fill the vacancy on the ticket. A candidate must receive a majority of the votes to win the party's nod.

The same process would happen if the vacancy were to occur after the general election but before the Electoral College voting. If a vacancy should occur on the winning ticket, it would then be the party's responsibility to fill it and provide a candidate for whom their electors could vote.

http://teachinghistory.org/history-content/ask-a-historian/20431
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2016, 01:45:34 pm »
@libertybele

I've tried to find a concrete answer to what would happen if Trump were to drop out; it seems that it would be up to the RNC.

Filling a Vacancy: From the Nomination to the Electoral College Vote

Since the time of Andrew Jackson's run for the presidency in 1828, individual political parties have had the job of filling any vacancy on their national ticket, either that of their presidential or vice-presidential candidate. If one of their candidates vacates the ticket after they are nominated, either because of death or withdrawal, the party selects a replacement.

/

Well,if that is the case,and I have no reason to believe it isn't,be prepared to say "Welcome back,JEB!" and "President Clinton".

JEB is the one Presidential candidate that would get me to vote for Bubbette! to make sure a stake was driven through his heart,politically.

I have said before that "If there is ever a Presidential election in the future where one candidate was named Bush and the other candidate were named Satan,I would vote for Satan as the lesser of two evils."

I still mean that. While Bubbette! might not actually be Satan,she is surely one of his senior assistants.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 01:46:42 pm by sneakypete »

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2016, 01:55:52 pm »
Manafort needs to muzzle this guy.

Good grief. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2016, 01:58:23 pm »
Manafort needs to muzzle this guy.

Good grief.
@ArneFufkin

I'm sure he will. Just as soon as he finishes rounding up all the stray cats in DC and herding them to the SPCA.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2016, 01:58:51 pm »
Pence is the only practical choice at this point.  Jeb?  I don't share your antipathy towards the man, SP, but there's no way in hell he'd be selected as the replacement nominee.   Pence was picked by Trump, and is respected by most in the party.   We couldn't dislodge Trump at the convention because there was no consensus replacement for him. Now there is.

The stars have finally aligned for the GOP to unite.  Pressure Trump to depart, for his own sake and the nation's, and allow Pence to step in with three months left to go.   

Offline skeeter

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2016, 02:11:34 pm »
Look.  Most of us are NeverTrumpers, but lets not be stupid and let facts get in the way.

The demonrats have a long, long, LONG history of vote fraud.  Just because Trump is a paranoid, delusional narcissist, doesn't mean they're out to get him illegally.

Trump is right. The democrats have rigged the election. And central to the rigging is nominating a buffoon as an opponent.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2016, 02:15:49 pm »
Pence is the only practical choice at this point.  Jeb?  I don't share your antipathy towards the man, SP, but there's no way in hell he'd be selected as the replacement nominee.   Pence was picked by Trump, and is respected by most in the party.   We couldn't dislodge Trump at the convention because there was no consensus replacement for him. Now there is.

The stars have finally aligned for the GOP to unite.  Pressure Trump to depart, for his own sake and the nation's, and allow Pence to step in with three months left to go.

I'm not so sure that pressuring Trump to step down would have a positive affect; if anything he would stay in just because he can.  Besides he knows the longer he stays in the better the chance of Hillary being our next president.

IF in the event he does step down and Pence becomes the nominee, I think he would be very welcome and would re-energize the party...especially if he were to pick Cruz as his VP.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2016, 02:17:20 pm »

@Jazzhead

Given that Pence SEEMS to be a evangelical,but not a fire-breathing one from what little I have heard,I think you are right about this. He will pull the evangelicals back into play that deserted after Orange Julius was nominated,and he SEEMS to be so inoffensive/not pushy with his religious POV's that even I would probably vote for him after checking him out a little.

There are NO set of circumstances that would convince me to vote for the Orange Ego. That man should never be allowed to be within a mile of the nuke launch codes,never mind handed them.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2016, 02:17:54 pm »
Could be he's fixin to attack the electoral college as unfair again.

THIS is our CONSERVATIVE standard-bearer!

HOW the HELL can I vote for this guy?

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2016, 02:22:12 pm »
I can only guess,and my best GUESS is that it would be illegal for the alleged Republican Party to just appoint a candidate,and that it would also be illegal to delay an election.

I am GUESSING that the new alleged Republican candidate would be Pence by default (after all the job he was running for has replacing the presidential candidate as it's reason to exist),and the Party Insiders/RNC/DNC will appoint his running mate. Maybe JEB,maybe Lady Lindsey,maybe any out of a large group of stealth Dim globalists. Not that it matters because the new ticket will probably have less than a month to mount a campaign,tell the people who they are,and what their vision is.

Can't be done.

Gee,I wonder if this means Bubbette! will win?

Gee,I wonder how long it will take Orange Julius to show up at the WH to sign contracts?

Anyone know for sure what the official  procedure is to replace a presidential candidate if he or she is assassinated during a campaign? Whatever it would be would be the legal basis for replacing one that just quits.

The Party is a private operation.  They could appoint a candidate.  They could remove Trump or anyone they chose.  This is why the howls over the primary process were so hollow - there is no obligation for them or any party to hold primaries open to the public or to abide by the result.

The only reason they won't replace Trump at this point, is the same reason the RINOs in Congress won't Impeach the African pretender.  COWARDICE in the face of a disaster.