Author Topic: Trump fears election could be 'rigged'  (Read 5288 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Trump fears election could be 'rigged'
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2016, 02:22:40 pm »
THIS is our CONSERVATIVE standard-bearer!

HOW the HELL can I vote for this guy?

But he cares about the will of the voters.  :silly:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2016, 02:27:57 pm »
The Party is a private operation.  They could appoint a candidate.  They could remove Trump or anyone they chose.  This is why the howls over the primary process were so hollow - there is no obligation for them or any party to hold primaries open to the public or to abide by the result.

The only reason they won't replace Trump at this point, is the same reason the RINOs in Congress won't Impeach the African pretender.  COWARDICE in the face of a disaster.

Removing Trump just after they gave him the nomination a few weeks ago would be political suicide, especially among his supporters.  Pressuring to step down is one thing but to remove him is quite another.  As I had stated previously; I think those that feel he will eventually step down are correct, but Trump will wait closer to the election to further create chaos for the Republican party going into the general election.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2016, 02:33:46 pm »
I'm not so sure that pressuring Trump to step down would have a positive affect; if anything he would stay in just because he can.  Besides he knows the longer he stays in the better the chance of Hillary being our next president.

IF in the event he does step down and Pence becomes the nominee, I think he would be very welcome and would re-energize the party...especially if he were to pick Cruz as his VP.

LB, I don't share your view that Trump is in the race just to hand the election to Hillary.  As of yesterday, he was braying that she's the devil, for cryin' out loud. 

But his missteps since the convention show he's not ready for prime time.   The GOP, if it wants to, has ample means to convince him to step down.   The Khan and Russian episodes provide the justification for the need to replace him.   GOP leaders should be demanding he fess up regarding the Russian oligarchs' support of his businesses,  and commit to relinquishing control of those businesses if he becomes President.   That'll make him listen, and prioritize what's important - his empire and his family's control over it.    He'll step down if the right pressure is applied.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2016, 02:41:57 pm »
LB, I don't share your view that Trump is in the race just to hand the election to Hillary.  As of yesterday, he was braying that she's the devil, for cryin' out loud. 
But his missteps since the convention show he's not ready for prime time.   The GOP, if it wants to, has ample means to convince him to step down.   The Khan and Russian episodes provide the justification for the need to replace him.   GOP leaders should be demanding he fess up regarding the Russian oligarchs' support of his businesses,  and commit to relinquishing control of those businesses if he becomes President.   That'll make him listen, and prioritize what's important - his empire and his family's control over it.    He'll step down if the right pressure is applied.   

Why would you think his braying that Hillary's the devil isn't aimed to help her win?  It's an extreme, ridiculous accusation in the view of the average voter and will help solidify the growing suspicion that something's wrong with him.  (Even though, she clearly IS demonic).

I don't think he'd do a single thing differently if he were not trying to help her win.  Everything he says and does points to that probability, IMO.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2016, 02:45:52 pm »
Removing Trump just after they gave him the nomination a few weeks ago would be political suicide, especially among his supporters.  Pressuring to step down is one thing but to remove him is quite another.  As I had stated previously; I think those that feel he will eventually step down are correct, but Trump will wait closer to the election to further create chaos for the Republican party going into the general election.

I grant that, but the question was, "could he legally be removed?"  The answer is YES and there are still recourses.

The Electoral College.  There is no Federal requirement that EC Electors honor their pledges to a candidate; and over the years, a few have voted against their pledge.  There are, IIRC a few STATE laws requiring it; but prosecution is unlikely.

The Electors could conspire to not-vote for God the Donald and instead, vote the VP nominee for President.

That kind of organization and collusion working, though, is on the level of herding cats.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2016, 02:46:16 pm »
Once again Donny proves his ignorance and that he is unfit to be Commander in Chief of this country.  We are NOT a democracy.  WE ARE A REPUBLIC.  Will someone please relay this information to the orange buffoon!

That's what Democrats think, and Donald is a Democrat.

I imagine he first heard the theory when George W. Bush beat algor in 2000.

He probably had never heard the words "Electoral College" before that.   

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2016, 02:53:16 pm »
That's what Democrats think, and Donald is a Democrat.

I imagine he first heard the theory when George W. Bush beat algor in 2000.

He probably had never heard the words "Electoral College" before that.

As I have been saying all along...resign yourselves.  There is probably no alternative to Madame Rodham and the false alternative is apparently worse.

Be ready for what's coming - which will make the last eight years seem like Happy Days on Easy Street.

What's coming are, obviously, collapse of the economy; nuclear war; and civil war, with Federal bureaucrat-shock troops going neighborhood to neighborhood.

Unless we stop and neutralize them at the State lines and within the sovereign State territories.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2016, 05:32:48 pm »
The Party is a private operation.  They could appoint a candidate.  They could remove Trump or anyone they chose.  This is why the howls over the primary process were so hollow - there is no obligation for them or any party to hold primaries open to the public or to abide by the result.

@JustPassinThru

Thanks,I didn't realize that

The only reason they won't replace Trump at this point, is the same reason the RINOs in Congress won't Impeach the African pretender.  COWARDICE in the face of a disaster.<<

THAT I completely understood. Cowardice only plays a small role,though. The major factor is he is doing what they want done and moving America in the direction they want her to go,namely a return to the Feudal System where they hold office for life and don't have to worry about elections.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2016, 05:44:42 pm »

@Jazzhead

>> GOP leaders should be demanding he fess up regarding the Russian oligarchs' support of his businesses,  and commit to relinquishing control of those businesses if he becomes President.  <<

Last I heard he is still claiming he is going to hand control of it over to his daughter,and also claiming that is the same thing as putting it in a blind trust.

Sometimes I think he WANTS the GOP to give him the boot.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

HonestJohn

« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2016, 09:22:23 pm »
Could be he's fixin to attack the electoral college as unfair again.

I.E. - Bush was selected, not elected!!!  Gore won the popular vote!!! 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2016, 09:24:44 pm »
I.E. - Bush was selected, not elected!!!  Gore won the popular vote!!!

You know that's where he's coming from.

Still bitter that his beloved algor lost to the eeeevil Bush.

Tis the way of all Dems.