Author Topic: MEDIA BIAS  (Read 837 times)

Offline mrclose

MEDIA BIAS
« on: August 01, 2016, 02:27:00 am »
For anyone who is interested, I think that you will find this to be a good source for links to what we all know to be true.

There is No Truth in today's media!
(May I suggest that you start with Huma Abedin?)
 http://akdart.com/lib13.html#1067

Introduction:

Many people complain about political bias and incompetence in the electronic media, and many other people think there's no basis for such complaints.  For a long time I resisted the idea of producing a page like this because I thought it was too obvious.  Some of you still can't see it, so some of the evidence is presented below.

This page includes several subtopics, many of which have moved to their own pages.  Splitting them up makes everything load faster.  After all, not everyone has fast internet service.  (More importantly, if all the sub-topics were on this page, it would be ridiculously large.)

Political bias may be impossible to avoid in today's style of fast-paced 24-hour news coverage.  News programs today are apparently designed to retain the attention of hyperactive and impatient viewers — people with dozens of other channels from which to choose, and a remote control always nearby. 

(Forty years ago, when you had to get up and walk across the room to change the channel, people generally stuck with a program for its duration.)  You'll rarely see a news story these days, especially during ratings periods, in which a single camera shot lasts more than three seconds. 

On a normal day, almost every story is told in less than two minutes.  This results in a great loss of detail, and that's where the TV reporter's personal bias comes into play:  he or she decides what parts of a story to include or omit.

As many people have pointed out, broadcast news is dangerous, not because of what's reported, but because of what is not reported. 

This applies equally to both television and radio. 
Fortunately the internet is becoming a more reliable source of daily news, and it helps fill in the gaps. 

Personally, I haven't owned a TV since 1980, so the internet really comes in handy.  If you're looking for current national news, you can gather more information in five minutes on the internet than you can get in an hour of watching television.

As media bias becomes more widespread, it becomes self-perpetuating, just like big government. 

The "legacy" news media are now controlled by Democrats, so now when a Republican runs for President, he or she must run against the Democrat Party candidate and against the news media.

http://www.akdart.com/media.html
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:29:45 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

geronl

Re: MEDIA BIAS
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 02:58:04 am »
This is nothing new.

What is new is that Fox News Channel has become a pure propaganda channel too

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 02:59:31 am »
Looks like a number of fine articles at that website. Bookmarked.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 03:09:34 am »
Media bias bookmark here, too.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mrclose

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 03:14:45 am »
If the above doesn't 'wet' your appetite for scandal, the following should do it! :beer:
Bias of Everything.

This site is family friendly* and has no paid advertising on any page.
*The site is family friendly to the extent possible when reporting current events in a society which is not family friendly.
See full disclaimer for details.

The most frequently visited pages in June:

Abuse of Power by Ordinary Cops
The Clinton Body Count
The History of Postage Rates in the US
Cases in which guns saved lives
Violence and hate speech come from the left
Obama acts like a third-world dictator
Lists of Obama scandals
Specific examples of biased news coverage
Hillary Clinton's Cloud of Corruption

http://akdart.com/