Author Topic: Father of Muslim soldier to CNN: Terrorists ‘have nothing to do with Islam’  (Read 5172 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bigun wrote:
"ISLAM is NOT a religion!  Islam is a political movement wearing the cloak of religion!"

We've had some differences here, but on this I absolutely agree!

But … a question for all … how would you codify this distinction into existing American law?

I know how -I'd- do it. I've posted that here before (and will repost here only if requested).

How would YOU do it?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
ISLAM is NOT a religion!  Islam is a political movement wearing the cloak of religion!

And one whose values are antithetical to a democratic Republic.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This is a common mistake that is made. The Catholic church was the dominant church at the time of the Crusades, but it's actions were not necessarily supported by Scripture. I have no problem with people/nations defending themselves from an aggressive barbaric enemy, but nowhere in Scripture (which is the rule of our faith in Christianity) does it tells us, or a church, to physically attack and convert non-believers. So taking an action of a church, which was also a part of the political structure, and extrapolating that it's behavior was Christian is wrong.

And I think that is a common mistake that is made.

I was not saying that the Crusades were compelled by Christianity, or even that they were consistent with biblical teaching.  But in the context of the title of this thread, can it be said that "the Crusades had nothing to do with Christianity"?  Of course not.  Whether through a twisted interpretation or not, the fact that they were called by the Pope and done in the name of Christianity meant they had 'something" to do with Christianity.

The same is true of Islamic terrorism.  Whether particularly Muslims disagree with those religious interpretations isn't the point.  The fact that we have to argue religious interpretations at all means that the current wave of terrorism does have "something to do" with Islam.  It's inarguable.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:59:19 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline bygolly

Attached is a brief twitter exchange I had with what appears to be 12yo Muslim girl in Saudi Arabia. I say "appears" because of what we are told of freedoms woman/girls are afforded in her country.

The contention that "What happened in Germany doesn't represent what my religion says" is certainly a message promoted to disarm the critics of the Islam.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 02:11:48 pm by bygolly »
Once upon a time there was a politician who made an especially conspicuous ass of himself and didn't say the newspapers misquoted him.

ROBERT ELLIOTT GONZALES, Poems and Paragraphs