Author Topic: The Wages of Conscience  (Read 4874 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: The Wages of Conscience
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2016, 11:09:38 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia , I know you love the guy, ....

@CatherineofAragon   

I do not "love the guy" ... I support his candidacy for the WH.

But I know you hate the guy;  the man himself; close to irrationally  ... and this is where we are.    :shrug:

I'll leave it to you to tell me if there is any way our paths can cross  this election season for the greater good of our nation.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2016, 12:07:49 am »
@CatherineofAragon   

But I know you hate the guy;  the man himself; close to irrationally  ... and this is where we are.    :shrug:

I'll leave it to you to tell me if there is any way our paths can cross  this election season for the greater good of our nation.

Well, one way would be to clearly and honestly answer the questions that Catherine just asked you.  That's usually where the communications come to a screeching halt:  "what about ____?"  "You're just saying that because you hate hate Trump", and the questions are never addressed.

Trump says he's a patriot, America must come first, etc., but there's nothing to back up those empty words.  On the contrary, he apologizes for America, has his clothing line made overseas, hires illegal immigrants, joked about avoiding service during Vietnam, and gave that big donation to military veterans only after being forced to do so.   So tell me, why am I wrong?

Silver Pines

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2016, 12:09:52 am »
@CatherineofAragon   

@Right_in_Virginia

Well, I'm pretty sure I've seen you claim you love him.  I don't hide the fact that I detest Trump.   

Are you going to offer me any evidence as to why I was wrong in my earlier post?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 12:10:26 am by CatherineofAragon »

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2016, 12:37:23 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

I don't hide the fact that I detest Trump.   

Are you going to offer me any evidence as to why I was wrong in my earlier post?

No, @CatherineofAragon    My original statement to you stands: "I'll leave it to you to tell me if there is any way our paths can cross  this election season for the greater good of our nation." 

Silver Pines

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2016, 12:55:17 am »
No, @CatherineofAragon    My original statement to you stands: "I'll leave it to you to tell me if there is any way our paths can cross  this election season for the greater good of our nation."

@Right_in_Virginia

Why should I when you can't even tell me why I'm wrong about Trump?

Back up your assertion or I'll have to assume you're operating out of pure emotion.

Oceander

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2016, 01:15:37 am »

@Right_in_Virginia It doesn't work that way honey.  Your guy was the winner in the primary.  Now it's your turn to find the way to convince the rest of us that we were wrong and that Trump is worth voting for.  So far, all you and the other Trump cult worshippers have managed to do is provide more and more reasons to not vote for him.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2016, 02:53:44 am »
@Right_in_Virginia , I know you love the guy, but in all the reading and research I've done, one theme holds true when it comes to Trump: everything he does is meant to glorify himself and his "brand."  He's so over-the-top egotistical that he's practically a self-parody.

On the other hand, Trump says he's a patriot, America must come first, etc., but there's nothing to back up those empty words.  On the contrary, he apologizes for America, has his clothing line made overseas, hires illegal immigrants, joked about avoiding service during Vietnam, and gave that big donation to military veterans only after being forced to do so.   So tell me, why am I wrong?
Both candidates are afflicted with severe cases of incontinent prevarication. In light of that, I can't believe a word either says.
Attempts to establish motivation boil down to money, fame, and power as motivating factors and any altruism lent to those ends is highly suspect because of the above.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2016, 03:22:27 am »
Both candidates are afflicted with severe cases of incontinent prevarication. In light of that, I can't believe a word either says.
Attempts to establish motivation boil down to money, fame, and power as motivating factors and any altruism lent to those ends is highly suspect because of the above.

There's no answer to the two-door riddle when both lie...and neither will give a straight answer to a question...

« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 03:23:14 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2016, 02:52:08 pm »

@Smokin Joe

Exactly right,which is why anything that comes out of their mouths is going to be a lie. 

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2016, 03:03:02 pm »
If someone were conspiracy minded, they would almost say the RNC was set up as a foil the DNC could counter.

In reality, it is most likely the simple result of the DNC coming later so they quickly drafted their message based on the RNC and response to it to get the maximum impact.

"...it’s also derived from a sense of shame on the part of those willing to sell their souls to this creamsicle colored kakistocrat."

LOL - you might need to change to Creamsicle Jesus.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Dirt for sale

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2016, 06:32:13 pm »
This country has been creating tin pot dictators to go destroy for a long time. Bill hicks joked about it. Hollywood has cultivated an us vs them mentality, and is very good with makeup. Trump is also supposed to be orange.

I looked up the meaning of orange on desktop pub.about.com. It is a color on the edge, the color of change between the heat of summer and the cool of winter. Orange is vibrant, a shade less aggressive than red. Orange stimulates the emotions. Awareness ribbons that use orange include: human rights, racial tolerance, social diversity. Easy to see how his makeup team is triggering the over sensitive demon cats.
The next awareness ribbon on that list was for feral cats, so I think somebody was having a little private joke there!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 06:36:02 pm by Dirt for sale »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2016, 06:59:13 pm »
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/438525/hillary-clinton-2016-democratic-convention-speech-reintroductions-wont-work

The Wages of Conscience

One of the reasons corruption is so hard to eliminate, particularly in the developing world, is that honesty is seen as a kind of betrayal. Bribe-takers like bribes, to be sure, but they also hate those who won’t take them — not just because the refusers threaten their livelihoods, but because such refusals remind the corrupted of that they had a choice.

So, we have a choice to elect one who has received bribes and one who has given bribes.
I find it fascinating that there are some who say we have to vote for one to stop the other.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2016, 08:28:05 pm »
This country has been creating tin pot dictators to go destroy for a long time. Bill hicks joked about it. Hollywood has cultivated an us vs them mentality, and is very good with makeup. Trump is also supposed to be orange.

I looked up the meaning of orange on desktop pub.about.com. It is a color on the edge, the color of change between the heat of summer and the cool of winter. Orange is vibrant, a shade less aggressive than red. Orange stimulates the emotions. Awareness ribbons that use orange include: human rights, racial tolerance, social diversity. Easy to see how his makeup team is triggering the over sensitive demon cats.
The next awareness ribbon on that list was for feral cats, so I think somebody was having a little private joke there!
You left out The Orange Order. An Irish Protestant order. http://www.christian-restoration.com/fmasonry/orange.htm
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2016, 01:51:49 am »
@Right_in_Virginia It doesn't work that way honey.  Your guy was the winner in the primary.  Now it's your turn to find the way to convince the rest of us that we were wrong and that Trump is worth voting for. 

Well, pumpkin, we've tried that route.  And with every outreach you all have moved the goal post.

So now we'll try it this way:  You tell me where you have common ground with Donald Trump and we'll build on that.

@Oceander

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2016, 02:28:53 am »
Well, pumpkin, we've tried that route.  And with every outreach you all have moved the goal post.

So now we'll try it this way:  You tell me where you have common ground with Donald Trump and we'll build on that.

@Oceander

This is what happens when a nominee is ramrodded through, or gets through with gamesmanship, without real support.

He loses, in the General.  FWIW, Jebster Shrub would have been in the same situation.  No support, no appeal, just beaucoup dinero from the banksters and others who wanted a piece of the crony action.

Wasted money.  In Trump's case, wasted money AND effort.  No appeal; no turnout; no win.

You can demand we vote.  You can threaten.  You can try to lay the blame on us...I say, TRY.  We know better.

One's as bad as another.  Maybe there's degrees of bad, that one has and the other has not.  I'm open to listening to this...but I can't hear it over the tirade about Lion Ted, or whatever.

And now that debate that doesn't seem to be happening.  You want to blame Trump's loss on US?  I'd say, blame the jag-off of a candidate, first; and then, his Ron-Paul-esque supporters...loud and conniving and a minority.

Offline Dirt for sale

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2016, 05:39:35 am »
You left out The Orange Order. An Irish Protestant order. http://www.christian-restoration.com/fmasonry/orange.htm
Well that would make sense. Thanks for that window : )

geronl

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2016, 07:07:35 am »
and then, his Ron-Paul-esque supporters...loud and conniving and a minority.

Ron Paul supporters look sane in comparison. lol

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2016, 11:00:52 am »
I didn't watch the DNC but I didn't see much love of America in that convention. The little I saw a basic Oscars event.