Author Topic: ‘I’m ashamed to have known you’: Conservatives rip Ann Coulter for ugly smear of hero soldier’s dad  (Read 11217 times)

Offline aligncare

I thought the complaint was about Donald Trump not focusing and not letting go of the Ted Cruz issue....yet here we are, Cruzers sounding like they still have a man crush on the Canadian also-ran -- the candidate so popular with the electorate that he came in a distant second. Wasn't even a horse race.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
She's probably bitter because no man would marry her.
The same vicious sarcasm which makes her writing a hit (when aimed the right way) would be a real burden in a marriage. That shrew would take a lot of taming. I think that's why she is attracted to the brusque Northeastern types, but that's just mostly rudeness confined to a social construct, not power over a force of nature. If she wants real strength, she needs a change of venue.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

... And what of the threat of Hillary Clinton?  :shrug:   :whistle:

Offline Smokin Joe

I thought the complaint was about Donald Trump not focusing and not letting go of the Ted Cruz issue....yet here we are, Cruzers sounding like they still have a man crush on the Canadian also-ran -- the candidate so popular with the electorate that he came in a distant second. Wasn't even a horse race.
Discussion of Trump's attacks on Cruz is germane to the exposure of a series of personality traits which indicate Trump is not POTUS material.

I expect Trump in his ongoing campaign to use smokescreens, and steamroll innocent people in the process.
No apologies will be forthcoming for those attacked wrongfully.
The only question is one of who those smokescreens are designed to protect, and whether Trump's taking the headlines from Hillary's ills is a matter of running interference for her, or just his bombastic ego demanding he be the center of attention to the detriment of his own campaign.

:pop41:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Please give me a break!

Trump has nothing to do with the fighting!

PLEAŠE STOP SHOWING YOUR IGNORANCE?

YOU ARE EITHER WITH THE USA OR YOU ARE AGAINST US!!!!
SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS!!!!
Alright then if you insist on drawing a line here: I'm against you. I don't want any tyrannical liberals running the country. I think it is very sad the way Donald Trump has become a shibboleth of the Republican Party. Win lose or draw, we conservatives are going to need each other down the road. I've said before that there are no traitors here and I still mean that, I wish we could be on the same page on something so simple.

As far as I am concerned Donald Trump is a member of the Clinton machine. However, in my mind, that does not make his supporters willing accomplices in that. Plenty are still Patriots without whom we will not win many of the fights we are going to face. I have tried to keep my arguments limited to the facts at hand, or Donald himself. He's running a farce of a campaign and I'm treating it as such.

Trump is the one who had to step into the middle of this fight in his usually ham handed way by attacking the man's wife. If he'd simply stayed out to the way and let the truth come out that would be one thing. Donald is the one who turned the spotlight on this whole thing by attacking this couple on twitter and elsewhere. He may have had the seed of a plant that could have grown into a point; instead he managed in his usual ham handed way of looking like a braying beast of burden. Ann Coulter apparently felt compelled to double down on the attack. It's a sad state of affairs if anyone is using Ann Coulter's crazy racist attacks as a test of Patriotism.

The real attack to be waged is against the democrats for manipulating this couple into a living political football, but that’s just my two cents.

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Leave it to a Trumpist to confuse a private shoot with a public photograph.
One would think it wasn't Melania's profession to pose for these photos.  :whistle:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

... And what of the threat of Hillary Clinton?  :shrug:   :whistle:
Apparently trumped by the importance of Fire Chiefs, crying babies, and of course Ted Cruz.

Wingnut

@Idaho_Cowboy    Hey, I looked up "Trumpsplain" in the dictionary and next to it was a picture of aligncare.
under it it said "Frequent User"

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:57:09 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Smokin Joe

@Idaho_Cowboy    Hey, I looked up "Trumpsplain" in the dictionary and next to it was a picture of aligncare.
under it it said "Frequent User"
Do they have a 12-step program for that yet?

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

I'm waiting for the day your rusty calliope adds a new pipe and you can wear out a different note.  WE ALL GET IT, you don't like Trump (and apparently prefer Hillary - but that is uncertain because of the solitary note of your tiresome song).  Your vitriol and ugliness has become extremely tiresome.

@sinkspur 's "ugliness" has become "extremely tiresome" after only 40 posts on this forum??  Can we say ADHD??

As for the grotesque lie that he "prefers Hillary" that is forbidden on this forum.  So don't do it again, KAY??

We stand for TRUTH at TBR.  Get used to it @GilesB or you just won't fit in very well here.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Nobody on this website likes Hillary. That kind of statement is undignified. There is nothing uglier and more vitriolic than what you have just posted.

:thumbsup2:

Ugly.  Deceitful.  Grotesque.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

geronl

So you choose to blame Melania for the ad?  That seems a wee bit hypocritical to me.  Cruz should have blasted the ad, he didn't and in not doing it, he lost the moral high ground, me, and possibly his campaign.  If I recall, Trump's response was pictures of Heidi and Melania - so that must have been Heidi's fault?

Cruz had nothing to do with the ad. Why don't you expect Kasich and Rubio and other candidate to denounce the ad too? Heck denounce everything they had nothing to do with.

The standard makes zero sense. Cruz did the right thing in having nothing to do with it. Cruz never had a bad thing to say about Melania, now compare that to what Trump did.

Trump is the sewer of politics.

Offline Smokin Joe

Cruz had nothing to do with the ad. Why don't you expect Kasich and Rubio and other candidate to denounce the ad too? Heck denounce everything they had nothing to do with.

The standard makes zero sense. Cruz did the right thing in having nothing to do with it. Cruz never had a bad thing to say about Melania, now compare that to what Trump did.

Trump is the sewer of politics.
Wait! Wait! I got it!

Run ads in the back of every one page newspaper of record nationwide at the start of the campaign:
I am not responsible for any political ads run by anyone other than myself.

Oh wait, that's why the "Approved by" bit goes on the ad, isn't it? (The "paid for by..." part was conveniently removed from the Melania ad before Trump started his attacks.)

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

To continue....Ted Cruz (my first choice) is not on the ballot.  If one wants to continually denigrate Trump (you included) - the clear conclusion is that they prefer Hillary to Trump - because one of the two will be president, and she is who they are helping.    Calling the Khans "puppets" is completely called for (I will not cheer for someone assisting tyranny,just because their son died fighting tyranny of a different sort).They allowed themselves to be used by Hillary.  Their son was killed while killing radical Islamists - and Hillary likes the killers of radical Islamists to be killed.  Khan trashed Trump for essentially saying we need to keep radical Islamists out of the US - he lied by calling it unconstitutional, directly out of the Hillary propaganda handbook; and his waving the constitution while putting his own ignorance of the document on display.  They are puppets of Hillary. 

Just so you know, I don't sit here waiting for you to "call for" specific comments; neither you, nor anyone else, is the arbiter of my thoughts.

Regarding the comments about Cruz's wife - Ted's campaign started that war.  You can't have that one both ways.

Noting the beginning of the thread hijack from Ann Coulter to an anti-Cruz lie by a so-called "Cruz was my first choice" feller......

I'm beginning to see a pattern with this young man/woman today.

It's fascinating to watch.....

Offline Smokin Joe

Noting the beginning of the thread hijack from Ann Coulter to an anti-Cruz lie by a so-called "Cruz was my first choice" feller......

Isn't it, though?

C S Lewis

Wingnut

Son of "Dem Plant"? 

Offline musiclady

Son of "Dem Plant"?

Could be! At any rate, I have the strange feeling he/she's been here before.

Silver Pines

Offline musiclady

Love that.   I know that, since Ted Cruz was my first choice, I like to hijack threads with personal attacks against him....

It's only logical, isn't it??    :shrug:

Wingnut

Could be! At any rate, I have the strange feeling he/she's been here before.

Me too.  I'm to lazy to do a "Key Word" Search and see who pops up.  Maybe later.

Offline musiclady

Me too.  I'm to lazy to do a "Key Word" Search and see who pops up.  Maybe later.

Not that big a deal.  The transparency of the ploy should be obvious to all, and he won't get away with it for long.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
If one wants to continually denigrate Trump (you included) - the clear conclusion is that they prefer Hillary to Trump - because one of the two will be president, and she is who they are helping.

Thank God my state has "None of These Candidates" as an option.  I'm not about to
vote for either one of these skanks.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline sinkspur

I'm waiting for the day your rusty calliope adds a new pipe and you can wear out a different note.  WE ALL GET IT, you don't like Trump (and apparently prefer Hillary - but that is uncertain because of the solitary note of your tiresome song).  Your vitriol and ugliness has become extremely tiresome.

Not voting for Hillary either, sport.  You can always put me on ignore if you don't like what I say. 

You only come out after midnight.  Afraid to actually have to have a discussion?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Smokin Joe

Quote from: GilesB on July 31, 2016, 06:34:57 AM

Not voting for Hillary either, sport.  You can always put me on ignore if you don't like what I say. 

You only come out after midnight.  Afraid to actually have to have a discussion?
Wow, sink, just think: after Giles B makes a whole 40 posts, your becoming "extremely tiresome" is a new record!!

How do you do it?  :da man: :da man: :da man: :da man:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 12:08:45 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

Wow, sink, just think: after Giles B makes a whole 40 posts, your becoming "extremely tiresome" is a new record!!

How do you do it?  :da man: :da man: :da man: :da man:

Methinks ol' giles has been around the block a time or two before.  :smokin: