Author Topic: Trump: Republicans 'have no choice' but to vote for me  (Read 17948 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump: Republicans 'have no choice' but to vote for me
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2016, 02:40:57 am »
Trump is crazy. Unpredictable. A liar, over and over.

Why would anybody believe a word he says?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2016, 02:41:37 am »
BTW, has Trump bought any TV ads??

Well, last I heard, he doesn't have the money.  He got all kinds of free publicity which won him the nomination; so why should he start spending money now?  I have not seen or heard one Trump ad against Hillary.  I have seen a couple against Trump on TV and numerous anti-Trump ads have popped up on the internet.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2016, 02:44:07 am »
Trump is crazy. Unpredictable. A liar, over and over.

Why would anybody believe a word he says?

Yeah..I know and agree....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2016, 02:44:53 am »
It's not that I want to believe me...in fact I am sick about it..I just can't bare the thought of seeing the Clintons in the WH again......and that really is the only way I can convince myself....

I'm hoping by not voting for either one of them and voting down ballot will be enough to deny both of them the majority.  Chances of that happening are slim to not at all, but I can't bring myself to pull that lever for Trump.  I just can't do it.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2016, 02:47:06 am »
I tend to agree with you.  I attended an Evangelical Church for about 6 months and I couldn't believe some of their sermons - target those who are desperate and in need and give them what they need IF they profess to love Jesus and are willing to say that they are born again and convince others who are desperate to do the same.

Trump received far less support in the primary among those who go to church regularly than those "Evangelicals" who never got to church.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2016, 02:50:55 am »
Trump received far less support in the primary among those who go to church regularly than those "Evangelicals" who never got to church.

Evangelical is one of those words that the media and politicians use when they need it and include or exclude different groups as needed.

I'm Methodist which are one of those groups that gets moved in and out of the evangelical tent as needed.

Offline jedidah

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2016, 02:52:13 am »
There is no evidence he would ever appoint a conservative justice.

Absolute truth.  However, this is how I see it:

I despise Trump.  I don't trust him at all.  I have no idea what he would do once in office.

I despise Hillary.  I don't trust her at all.  I know full well what she will do once in office.

And on that tiny bit of hope (and assuming prayers for divine intervention are not answered) I will cast my vote in November,

Offline jedidah

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2016, 02:53:25 am »
Evangelical is one of those words that the media and politicians use when they need it and include or exclude different groups as needed.

I'm Methodist which are one of those groups that gets moved in and out of the evangelical tent as needed.

I wish everyone would just call themselves Christian and quit drawing lines.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2016, 02:53:48 am »
I saw "Hillary's America" today.  I understand what you are saying.  I really do.  I just can't vote for Trump regardless.  My cousin who saw it with me is going to vote for Trump.  I get it.  I don't mean to slam anyone in that category.  For me, it is not enough.  It doesn't justify Trump.  My Dad is so against giving Trump power that he is going to vote for Hillary.  My goal is to talk him out of voting for Hillary, but not to vote for Trump.  I told him he should see the movie.  It's very powerful

Well I am old enough to remember everything her and Bill did...always promised myself to do my best that these two would never regain the WH.....always knew she would try.

I would never dream of telling anyone how to vote..that is their choice and their conscience....and it sickens me that this is the choice I have..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2016, 02:54:27 am »
I wish everyone would just call themselves Christian and quit drawing lines.

Yes.....thank you!
Support the USO

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2016, 02:54:28 am »
There is no evidence he would ever appoint a conservative justice.

@geronl
@mystery-ak

Hell, there's not even any evidence that the current Senate would approve a conservative justice.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2016, 02:55:29 am »
@geronl
@mystery-ak

Hell, there's not even any evidence that the current Senate would approve a conservative justice.

Ain't that the truth..either way we are all screwed!
Support the USO

geronl

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2016, 02:55:46 am »
@geronl
@mystery-ak

Lee and Cruz would, the rest I'm doubtful about

Offline libertybele

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2016, 02:57:05 am »
I saw "Hillary's America" today.  I understand what you are saying.  I really do.  I just can't vote for Trump regardless.  My cousin who saw it with me is going to vote for Trump.  I get it.  I don't mean to slam anyone in that category.  For me, it is not enough.  It doesn't justify Trump.  My Dad is so against giving Trump power that he is going to vote for Hillary.  My goal is to talk him out of voting for Hillary, but not to vote for Trump.  I told him he should see the movie.  It's very powerful

The movie is very powerful and the ending is superb.  IF I didn't firmly believe that it doesn't matter who we vote for because the outcome is going to be the same, I would vote for Trump.  I cannot get past the belief that I have that his objective for running for president is to hijack the GOP and derail the conservative movement.  No one has been able to convince me otherwise or even give me any kind of validation that he is the real deal.  Nothing that he himself says has convinced me either as he says one thing and then flip flops.  He acts like a fool, he seems like he'll be a dictator, he doesn't have knowledge of the functionality of government nor the Constitution.  As I stated, it doesn't matter if we vote for Trump or Hillary, the outcome will be the same as  I believe they are working together.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2016, 02:57:53 am »
Absolute truth.  However, this is how I see it:

I despise Trump.  I don't trust him at all.  I have no idea what he would do once in office.

I despise Hillary.  I don't trust her at all.  I know full well what she will do once in office.

And on that tiny bit of hope (and assuming prayers for divine intervention are not answered) I will cast my vote in November,

My thought exactly
God is still in control

geronl

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2016, 02:59:51 am »
My thought exactly

It's not really a thought, it's a delusion.  :thud:

Offline jedidah

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2016, 03:00:05 am »
I don't think Trump wants the job, just the adulation and pomp that goes with it.

My one hope is that, should he be elected, recent statements by Donny Jr. and Manafort are true.  Both have said that Trump sees himself as the CEO and would let the VP handle policy.

He could handle being ribbon-cutter-in-chief.

geronl

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2016, 03:05:05 am »

really really doubtful

Offline jedidah

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2016, 03:05:36 am »
I'm hoping for a miracle and they neither one get enough electoral votes.  Then it moves to the House of Representatives.

Throwing it into the House won't help a bit.  Per the 12th Amendment, the House would choose only from those candidates who win the top three Electoral College vote totals.  That would mean Trump, Clinton, and probably goofball Johnson.

Libertarian Party should have run a solid slate this year.  I think they could have won it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2016, 03:13:29 am »
I don't think Trump wants the job, just the adulation and pomp that goes with it.

My one hope is that, should he be elected, recent statements by Donny Jr. and Manafort are true.  Both have said that Trump sees himself as the CEO and would let the VP handle policy.

Uh-huh.  A man who has never played second fiddle in the 70 years of his life is going to suddenly start when he has the power of the presidency?

Trump is dangerous. I would live with a terrible president.

I can't live with a crazy president.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jedidah

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2016, 03:13:55 am »
. . .   change my hopes back to Meteor 2016. 

:silly:

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2016, 03:16:13 am »
Oh.  I'll have to research that further and change my hopes back to Meteor 2016.  LOL.

If, at election day, an impeachment seems likely.  I will vote Trump.  Pence for president.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline jedidah

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2016, 03:19:34 am »

I can't live with a crazy president.

Yup.

Which is exactly what Hillary meant Thursday night when she said, "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons."

Expect to hear that line again.  It hits home.  And she's right.

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2016, 03:21:00 am »
Yup.

Which is exactly what Hillary meant Thursday night when she said, "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons."

Expect to hear that line again.  It hits home.  And she's right.

So screwed.  Trump, who might nuke someone who disrespects him.  Or Hillary who will sell them to the highest bidder.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2016, 03:22:26 am »
See..isn't this nice we can all discuss how and why we are voting without name calling and accusations...hope I haven't jinxed the thread..lol

No one has the right to tell another citizen how to vote..that is his right, his choice.

...with that...night all!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 03:22:55 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO