Author Topic: Democrats Stand by Ex-DNC Leader Wasserman Schultz  (Read 203 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats Stand by Ex-DNC Leader Wasserman Schultz
« on: July 29, 2016, 07:31:49 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=741245

Newsmax
Democrats Stand by Ex-DNC Leader Wasserman Schultz
Friday, July 29, 2016 12:24 PM

By: Mark Swanson

Despite scandal, Democratic colleagues are standing by U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who resigned as chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee following the email leak last week that greatly embarrassed the party.

"She'll rebound from it," Rep. Jim Clyburn of South Carolina, the third-ranking Democrat in the House, told The Hill Thursday. "I'm going to do everything I can to help her rebound from it."

"Debbie has so many friends who care about her, and she's gonna be just fine," said New York Rep. Jim Crowley, vice chairman of the House Democratic Caucus. "Debbie is a big person and she knows that this election is more important than any one of us — it's about helping elect Hillary Clinton."

But Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee officials made clear to reporters on Monday that she wouldn't be getting financial help from the organization in her re-election bid, because her district is considered safely Democratic, Fox News reported.

"I'd never underestimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz. She's a force of nature," Rep. André Carson of Indiana said Thursday. "Things happen in our careers, because we're human beings, but she is not to be underestimated. She still has a very bright future. This was a short block in the road, but I think she'll be back stronger than ever."

Wasserman Schultz faces a primary challenge from law professor Tim Canova in Florida's 23rd Congressional District. Canova, a liberal who raised $100,000 in the first three days after the email scandal broke a week ago, has strong support from the far-left, according to Fox News.

"In some ways it feels like we've won the lottery," Canova told Fox. "There's been a natural donor base for someone willing to take on a person with a national profile who is seen as a failed leader."

At a breakfast meeting at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia this week, boos and catcalls met Wasserman Schultz when she spoke to the Florida delegation. Delegates even held signs reading "division" and "emails," according to CBS Miami.

"You're a cheater!" one man reportedly shouted.

"The emails just point out what so many of us believed, that the process was rigged for Hillary Clinton," said Joe Kaufman, a Republican primary candidate for Wasserman Schultz's seat.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34