Author Topic: ATTACK OF THE DRONES Fears ISIS could use drones for terror bombings in Britain as Government reveals they do same in Syria and Iraq  (Read 300 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
ATTACK OF THE DRONES Fears ISIS could use drones for terror bombings in Britain as Government reveals they do same in Syria and Iraq

Ex-security minister Admiral Lord West says it would be 'even easier' to use the toys as weapons here than the Middle East

TWISTED IS jihadis have begun using off-the-shelf drones to carry makeshift bombs – sparking fears they will be used to attack Britain.

Foreign Office minister Baroness Anelay said there was growing proof that Daesh militants are converting the popular toys into weapons in their Middle East heartlands.

A NATO chemical weapons expert also claimed the killer drones could be fitted with World War I mustard gas.

“Daesh is like water at the top of a building, it spreads across and tries to find little gaps it can run through.

“This will be one of the little gaps it is looking at.

“I think it would be foolhardy for us not to look to our defences for this.”

See More At: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1519921/fears-isis-could-use-drones-for-terror-bombings-in-britain-as-government-reveals-they-do-same-in-syria-and-iraq/

Something to keep in mind, it's possible.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I've been an R/C modeler for almost 40 years, and the advances in technology within the hobby amaze and trouble me.  There are all kinds of inexpensive "telemetry" modules out there that are intended to control drones and helicopters, as well as aid competitions involving cross-country flying events for large scale R/C sailplanes. 

There are programmable auto-pilots available for a couple of hundred dollars.  These devices will interface with a laptop that makes it possible to fly a model airplane/helicopter/drone/flying IED completely hands off to any destination you can program into its GPS system, carrying as much payload as its airfoils will support.

There are live POV systems that allow an R/C pilot on the ground to see the view out the front windscreen of the model.  Simple as putting a GoPro cam in the fuse, then hooking it up to the right couple of hundred worth of miniature modules.

Scary stuff in the wrong hands.

:smokin: