Author Topic: The True Story: Donald Trump Did Not Mock a Reporter’s Disability  (Read 15338 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: The True Story: Donald Trump Did Not Mock a Reporter’s Disability
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2016, 12:59:12 pm »
Sorry, but this is an insult to my intelligence.  Please don't even try with this.

Agreed.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2016, 01:04:44 pm »
I watched and heard what he said many times.  Clearly he's making fun of the guy.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2016, 01:07:45 pm »
Who wrote this?

While there are probably many authors, a little research shows the first author on this site was a Chris Jackson. While a popular name, one thing jumps out is a Chris Jackson who is an Ipsos political communications director for hire who seems to focus on Trump, so this may not be some grassroots blog that popped up from concerned voters but an actual professional campaign communication website.

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=+Chris+Jackson%2c+trump&d=7186639913803&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=ltQDviZWTbvbDLT9-mSrNCF7u5hIkJdc

http://spotlight.ipsos-na.com/index.php/author/chris-jackson/

Amazing how quickly things are cached by the big search engines. Even here.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2016, 01:15:14 pm »
Random blogger. Clinton psyops? It haz smell.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2016, 01:19:56 pm »
I watched and heard what he said many times.  Clearly he's making fun of the guy.

Absolutely.  Occam's razor.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Silver Pines

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2016, 01:20:45 pm »
Remember, they actually booed the statement 'vote your conscience, vote your values, vote for the Constitution, God bless America' (paraphrased) as though that suggestion was somehow revealed a personal guilt in their soul.

I was considering just riding out the general election and watching the Hillary and Trump side beat each other up with little comment, but two things changed my mind.

That booing incident.
Being told constantly I am not allowed to criticize someone. - especially when I am told 'I will take you out' if I continue criticism.

The latter is almost more dangerous in my mind and usually is my trigger to double down.

I have a friend who is feebly trying to tell me that the Dem convention was much worse than the RNC convention.  I'm not letting her get away with it because I'm reminding her of exactly that instance.  It only took four years after Obamabots booed God for our side to come along and boo the Constitution and voting one's conscience.

Then there's also the "YES, YOU WILL" chant for Trump.  At least the Obamabots chanted "yes, we will."  Republicans invested all of the power in their new messiah.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2016, 01:25:16 pm »
I have a friend who is feebly trying to tell me that the Dem convention was much worse than the RNC convention.  I'm not letting her get away with it because I'm reminding her of exactly that instance.  It only took four years after Obamabots booed God for our side to come along and boo the Constitution and voting one's conscience.

Then there's also the "YES, YOU WILL" chant for Trump.  At least the Obamabots chanted "yes, we will."  Republicans invested all of the power in their new messiah.

There were so many disturbing things in that. Both conventions might as well have changed the theme to "We are from the government and we are here to help".
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 01:25:36 pm by AbaraXas »

Silver Pines

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2016, 01:42:27 pm »
There were so many disturbing things in that. Both conventions might as well have changed the theme to "We are from the government and we are here to help".

Agreed.  I saw a poll which found that the RNC convention made a majority of people less likely to vote for Trump.  I wonder how much the chanting influenced that decision.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2016, 01:58:30 pm »
There were accounts of hundreds and maybe thousands of celebrations in Paterson NJ.

There were large scale celebrations in several communities, including the roof top celebrations in Jersey City.

Trump was correct on this one.

Your article is very selective with the truth.  It starts with this part:

"It all started  on November 21, 2015 when, at a rally, Trump said he remembered seeing reports of Arab Americans celebrating the 9/11 terror attacks on rooftops in New Jersey shortly after the twin towers fell...Stephanopolous and all of the major news outlets immediately denied the existence of any such news reports following 9/11."

What your article left out, and what the transcript of that episode of "This Week" confirms is that Trump claimed he saw thousands of Muslims celebrating in New Jersey.  That is the part that the media immediately denied.  Turns out they were right.

Then it continues:

While he did this, Trump moved his hands around quickly, acting flustered.

Complete crap.  Anyone with half a brain can see that Trump was deliberately imitating, and mocking, Kovaleski's disability.   Flustered people do not move in the spastic actions that Trump imitated.

It's bad enough that your candidate couldn't tell the truth if his life depended on it.  Supporting lies with lies is even worse.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline beandog

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2016, 02:19:02 pm »
There were accounts of hundreds and maybe thousands of celebrations in Paterson NJ.

There were large scale celebrations in several communities, including the roof top celebrations in Jersey City.

Trump was correct on this one.

First, of all if that was true where is all the video of it.  In this day and age there would certainly be something on line where we could see "THOUSANDS" of people celebrating.  Second, the Donald claimed he personally saw this occurring.  I don't believe for a minute he is telling the truth.  There was know need for him to lie as the truth of the matter was bad enough.  He just can't help but make things about himself.

Second, he most certainly is making fun of the reporter.  To believe othewise is to believe the Donald is prone to fits of his own, which would make him unfit to hold the office of the Presidency.  Either way is bad.

On top of that he most definitely is mocking the reporter.  To believe oth

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2016, 02:20:01 pm »
Dear Moderator,
We really need a new category in our Briefing Room tree for articles such as this.  Instead of polluting the Politics folder, I strongly suggest we file this under the heading 'Lies and Bullshit' so that other members won't confuse this with actual issues going on.  Thanks.
xxxoooxxxooo
Well, @Hoodat, there are 6 TVs in this house and wherever I am, the TV is on. I am at my computer most of the day and read the news as it happens.  I saw Trump, to my knowledge, every time he, at the beginning, talked about this disabled reporter and read/saw the reporter himself speak/what he wrote, and read/saw media coverage. 

You see, someone can take a piece of one of Trump's speech, instead of another where he changed his position.  He lies in every speech.  THE VERY FIRST TIME HE MENTIONED THE ARABS CELEBRATING ON THE ROOF WHEN THE TOWERS FELL, he said "THOUSANDS" were there on that roof.  I heard/saw him say that.

When disabled reporter Serge FIRST responded, I saw/heard that, too.  He said he reported on that happening but there weren't "THOUSANDS“ as Trump said.  The author of this present piece and Trump, are using only part of a sentence the reporter said, to say the reporter denied writing it, that he said he did not remember.

I saw/and read exactly what the reporter said.  He never denied writing or saying people were on the roof celebrating.  Instead, he said (read the whole sentence),

"I certainly do not remember anyone saying that thousands or even hundreds of people were celebrating,” said Serge Kovaleski, one of the reporters. “That was not the case, as best as I can remember.”

I also read what a policeman said who actually responded to that situation and he said it was a few people.

Trump lied once again, saying the reporter denied reporting it, that he did not remember, so the heat of saying "thousands" would get off him.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:33:24 pm by Victoria33 »

geronl

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2016, 02:20:30 pm »
Dear Moderator,

We really need a new category in our Briefing Room tree for articles such as this.  Instead of polluting the Politics folder, I strongly suggest we file this under the heading 'Lies and Bullshit' so that other members won't confuse this with actual issues going on.  Thanks.

xxxoooxxxooo

Trump supporters still trying to deny reality.

"You got to see this guy! derp derp..."

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2016, 02:51:14 pm »
I have a friend who is feebly trying to tell me that the Dem convention was much worse than the RNC convention.  I'm not letting her get away with it because I'm reminding her of exactly that instance.   Then there's also the "YES, YOU WILL" chant for Trump.  At least the Obamabots chanted "yes, we will."  Republicans invested all of the power in their new messiah.
@CatherineofAragon
Perhaps you have read a post of mine about the Dem convention.  Their convention was excellent, bringing all races in and their speeches were fine.  I listened/saw it every day. It was about "all" the people and their experiences.  Trump's convention was all about just him. One of his kids every day, praising him.  He said something like, "I am the only one who can fix it."  The Democrats said, "We can fix it."

Trump is insane and Clinton is not.  Trump could kill us all, starting WWIII, Clinton will not.  If we are dead, it matters not who is on the Supreme Court.  If we are dead, the "wall" (that will not be built), doesn't matter.  Life or death is the basis for my vote.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2016, 02:56:35 pm »
Went in open minded, and tried to see it your way.

No compelling evidence to show that Trump was NOT mocking the man.  Sorry.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2016, 03:43:22 pm »
You are conflating a number of things.

There is audio and video of the celebrating all over this site and other websites.

I guess we have to re litigate 911 now too, as it has been white brushed out of our collective memories.

And now there are many more times unvetted sharia compliant Muslims  than were here during 911.  And no one seems to care until we have several Catholic and Jewish services shot up like what happened in France.

Better questions are why did the media stop playing towers falling and can we trust google and youtube not censor unfavorable or unpleasant videos to the DNC. 

First, of all if that was true where is all the video of it.  In this day and age there would certainly be something on line where we could see "THOUSANDS" of people celebrating.  Second, the Donald claimed he personally saw this occurring.  I don't believe for a minute he is telling the truth.  There was know need for him to lie as the truth of the matter was bad enough.  He just can't help but make things about himself.

Second, he most certainly is making fun of the reporter.  To believe othewise is to believe the Donald is prone to fits of his own, which would make him unfit to hold the office of the Presidency.  Either way is bad.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2016, 03:44:52 pm »
The dem convention glorified cop killing and communists .

No Thanks.

@CatherineofAragon
Perhaps you have read a post of mine about the Dem convention.  Their convention was excellent, bringing all races in and their speeches were fine.  I listened/saw it every day. It was about "all" the people and their experiences.  Trump's convention was all about just him. One of his kids every day, praising him.  He said something like, "I am the only one who can fix it."  The Democrats said, "We can fix it."

Trump is insane and Clinton is not.  Trump could kill us all, starting WWIII, Clinton will not.  If we are dead, it matters not who is on the Supreme Court.  If we are dead, the "wall" (that will not be built), doesn't matter.  Life or death is the basis for my vote.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2016, 03:48:11 pm »

There is audio and video of the celebrating all over this site and other websites.

I guess we have to re litigate 911 now too, as it has been white brushed out of our collective memories.

And now there are many more times unvetted sharia compliant Muslims  than were here during 911.  And no one seems to care until we have several Catholic and Jewish services shot up like what happened in France.

Better questions are why did the media stop playing towers falling and can we trust google and youtube not censor unfavorable or unpleasant videos to the DNC.

Post some of those videos.  I have never seen them.  Really.

As to relitigating 9/11, there is no need to as long as your boy or some group of  Trump sycophants don't lie about it and require correction.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2016, 03:53:49 pm »
Start at 55 seconds.  'Swarming with dancers'

Also some of these terrorists were tied to the first sheik Omar. 

Again,  there are a million or more sharia compliant Muslims here.

Are you denying there wont be more celebrating the next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3auKMHkZJnQ

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:55:40 pm by LonestarDream »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2016, 03:54:08 pm »
Seconding.

I've never seen them either. Celebrating in the ME - yes. In the USA, never.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2016, 03:54:38 pm »

Nobody denied there were celebrations, they were ululating and handing out candy in the Palestinian territories.

The issue is whether Trump could see large-scale celebrations in person from his Penthouse in NYC. I don't think so.

Offline LonestarDream

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2016, 03:59:10 pm »
The people who were celebrating offshore are now in the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-p1LEBAujE

Offline LonestarDream

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2016, 04:01:21 pm »
Nobody denied there were celebrations, they were ululating and handing out candy in the Palestinian territories.

The issue is whether Trump could see large-scale celebrations in person from his Penthouse in NYC. I don't think so.

And that speaks to a real concern. Trump watches too much TV and it all gets jumbled up in his mind. He latches on to random, unconnected images and just blurts out nonsense; Nonsense that he absolutely believes to be true.

geronl

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2016, 04:03:19 pm »
Here is a view of Manhattan from New Jersey. Just imagine being able to see rooftop celebrations from a distance like that and be able to see that the celebrating people were Muslims instead of birthday partiers hitting a pinata

The idea that Trump could see all that with his little eye is ridiculous.

Them are some powerful glasses!