Author Topic: GOP confidence in Senate majority builds  (Read 840 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP confidence in Senate majority builds
« on: August 01, 2016, 02:14:14 pm »
 By Reid Wilson - 08/01/16 06:00 AM EDT

Republicans are growing much more optimistic about their chances of saving their Senate majority.

Less than 100 days before the election, unconventional Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has yet to become the albatross many Republicans feared.

He and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton are running about even in most polls, though Democrats hope their candidate will get a boost after her convention.

In the critical states of Ohio, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania, GOP candidates are running as strongly as they were before Trump became the party’s presidential nominee.

“If the election were held today, it’d be exactly like a midterm election. Good campaigns are going to win. There’s no landslide,” said David Carney, a New Hampshire-based Republican strategist. “The bases are baked in. I don’t see dramatic shifts anywhere.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/289763-gop-confidence-in-senate-majority-builds
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Just_Victor

Re: GOP confidence in Senate majority builds
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 02:40:29 pm »

Fortunately for the GOP, it appears that the voting public is not viewing Trump as being representative of the rest of the GOP.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 02:42:32 pm »
...and the GOP was also confident that Romney would win in 2012.  I think they are dead wrong.  I think we are going to see low voter turn out on the GOP side and therefore the votes won't be coming in to support the candidates whose Senate seats are up for grabs and for that matter the House seats will be affected as well.  I hate to be so pessimistic, but I see a DEM landslide all the way around (Senate, House and oval office).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 02:47:54 pm »

Journalist-pundit-consultant class wrong again. They have been consistently wrong, all cycle long.

They sure are eloquent, and full of themselves. Were it not for their wrong predictions, there would be no predictions at all.

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all"

The fact is, nothing has changed about Americans no longer trusting the political parties, conventional politicians, media class, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 02:51:22 pm »
Journalist-pundit-consultant class wrong again. They have been consistently wrong, all cycle long.

They sure are eloquent, and full of themselves. Were it not for their wrong predictions, there would be no predictions at all.

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all"

The fact is, nothing has changed about Americans no longer trusting the political parties, conventional politicians, media class, etc.

Which bodes well for Trump. I don't know how this thing's going to turn out, but dozens of pundits will have egg on their faces on November 8.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 03:10:09 pm »
I'm hopeful but not at all optimistic.