Author Topic: OPEN THREAD FOR DEMOCRAT CONVENTION - Thursday, July 28  (Read 27117 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: OPEN THREAD FOR DEMOCRAT CONVENTION - Thursday, July 28
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2016, 12:06:19 am »
Sanders supporters are wearing glow in the dark tshirts to make a statement.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2016, 12:07:22 am »

And Donald J. Trump is right there in the middle of it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WAC

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2016, 12:09:06 am »
I've seen tweets on this but I haven't seen a story from a legit source yet confirming it. Do you have a good link to that?

a legit source???? You won't find that in the mainstream media.....not only are they in the can with Hillary but they won't chance the skin off their own noses ........there was another one who died as well I read somewhere...who was to testify...but I can't recall now where I read that.

I have some Attorney friends who often say the gameboard politicians play on, where the real battles are fought, won, or lost are never seen or known by the public. They pay for tight lips one way or another. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2016, 12:09:18 am »
:tongue2:

I know he's supposed to be the goofy old man, but to me he's always looked sinister.  Is it just me, lol?  Dude creeps me out.

geronl

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2016, 12:11:13 am »

lol. idiots.

This is your brain on liberal:

Offline WAC

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2016, 12:12:30 am »

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Back at the #DemConvention for the final night! You can see @BernieSanders supporters in bright neon to stand out. pic.twitter.com/tFtn7ft4Oc</p>— Danny Freeman (@DannyEFreeman)

July 29, 2016

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh that's genius! LOLOL.....especially since the DNC turned the lights off where they were sitting when they were opposing Hillary...or shouting for Bernie....us

geronl

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2016, 12:13:16 am »

and that statement would be??

We're nuts??

Offline ABX

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2016, 12:13:20 am »
a legit source???? You won't find that in the mainstream media.....not only are they in the can with Hillary but they won't chance the skin off their own noses ........there was another one who died as well I read somewhere...who was to testify...but I can't recall now where I read that.

I have some Attorney friends who often say the gameboard politicians play on, where the real battles are fought, won, or lost are never seen or known by the public. They pay for tight lips one way or another.

So that's a no then? Darn, it would have been a good story. The only think I can find are a couple of malware infested clickbait sites that have no actual source citations for this testimony going to take place. If you find a good source, post it as an article. It would be interesting. Unfortunately now, it just looks like clickbait rumors.

Silver Pines

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2016, 12:14:16 am »
Well there is a small matter of Congressional seats, Supreme Court etc......but apparently that has more meaning to some than others.

Yeah, well, the "Republican" nominee has stated that he doesn't mind the Senate going Dem, so I'm not going to waste time deluding myself that he would appoint decent judges.  YMMV.

Offline WAC

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2016, 12:15:08 am »

geronl

« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2016, 12:16:40 am »
Well there is a small matter of Congressional seats, Supreme Court etc......but apparently that has more meaning to some than others.

Trump will have no coattails, even if he somehow wins. The judges he would appoint will be liberal for the most part.

Offline WAC

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2016, 12:18:22 am »

Offline WAC

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2016, 12:26:00 am »
So that's a no then? Darn, it would have been a good story. The only think I can find are a couple of malware infested clickbait sites that have no actual source citations for this testimony going to take place. If you find a good source, post it as an article. It would be interesting. Unfortunately now, it just looks like clickbait rumors.

Well I actually got this info in my e-mail from whomever their source is, they didn't say, and with a name could find a photo...but they do tend to get info not generally privy to the public. So guess you'll have to dig further somewhere.  I agree some of this "news" would be great to get to the bottom of, unfortunately in something like this the trail is going to be pretty cleaned up. ......but if I come across anything I'll let you know. Maybe wiki will have something more as they have said there's ore coming that would implicate Hillary further, whatever that might mean.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2016, 12:29:43 am »
Meanwhile, our candidate is acting presidential:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline WAC

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2016, 12:31:19 am »
Trump will have no coattails, even if he somehow wins. The judges he would appoint will be liberal for the most part.

Well I suspect you would believe that....but the lists he's presented of those he'd consider were not done by Trump alone, as he said, he had help from those in the GOP he trusts....who are better acquainted with those who would make good Judges and hold to conservative views.

geronl

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2016, 12:32:27 am »
Nobody likes Hillary, but Trump is extremely similar in every way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sw54Pdh_m8

Offline LonestarDream

(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2016, 12:36:30 am »
Well I suspect you would believe that....but the lists he's presented of those he'd consider were not done by Trump alone, as he said, he had help from those in the GOP he trusts....who are better acquainted with those who would make good Judges and hold to conservative views.

Trump had nothing to do with that list. In fact, when it was released and he read the names, it was clear that was the first time he was seeing them.  He has no idea who those people are.  And the idea that Trump will listen to anybody if he were president is risible.  When has he EVER listened to anybody?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2016, 12:36:51 am »
Well I suspect you would believe that....but the lists he's presented

He walked back the lists and said his nominations for SCOTUS probably weren't on them. He has a life time of supporting Kelo and many other liberal ideas, including affirmative action. I expect he will appoint judges who agree with him, because he demands complete fealty to everyone.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2016, 12:38:44 am »

All those folks will be discarded after being sucked out of the womb when Donny keeps funding his pals at Planned Parenthood who "do very good work."

Offline WAC

« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2016, 12:40:02 am »
Yeah, well, the "Republican" nominee has stated that he doesn't mind the Senate going Dem, so I'm not going to waste time deluding myself that he would appoint decent judges.  YMMV.

As long as you guys keep looking for sound bites to pick at I'll guarantee you'll find them.......the news is ripe with them 24/7 in an election ....the' issues 'and 'positions' of  Trump are what I look at and if he just does even a quarter of them he's way far ahead of what Hillary wouldn't even consider.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2016, 12:44:38 am »
Well I actually got this info in my e-mail from whomever their source is, they didn't say, and with a name could find a photo...but they do tend to get info not generally privy to the public. So guess you'll have to dig further somewhere.  I agree some of this "news" would be great to get to the bottom of, unfortunately in something like this the trail is going to be pretty cleaned up. ......but if I come across anything I'll let you know. Maybe wiki will have something more as they have said there's ore coming that would implicate Hillary further, whatever that might mean.

What was the name?
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline WAC

« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2016, 12:50:18 am »
All those folks will be discarded after being sucked out of the womb when Donny keeps funding his pals at Planned Parenthood who "do very good work."

Do you guys ever pay attention to what's being stated?  He does not want to fund them if they continue to do abortions and sell baby parts. Further VP Mike Pence Has Led a Crusade 'Against' Abortion Access and LGBT Rights..I doubt he would have accepted the position if Trump wasn't clear about where he stood.

Here's some info about Pence's actions.......
 Pence pushed an amendment through the House 'to defund' Planned Parenthood. This amendment helped kick-start a wave of state actions aimed at removing government support from the women's health provider. Indiana was successful in its efforts, but a federal judge blocked the law from going into effect..... When Pence became governor in 2013, Indiana continued to slash resources for the women's health provider. By 2014, state funding for Planned Parenthood had been cut nearly in half from 2005 levels.

Offline ABX

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2016, 12:51:33 am »

Silver Pines

« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2016, 12:56:04 am »
As long as you guys keep looking for sound bites to pick at I'll guarantee you'll find them.......the news is ripe with them 24/7 in an election ....the' issues 'and 'positions' of  Trump are what I look at and if he just does even a quarter of them he's way far ahead of what Hillary wouldn't even consider.

Oh, is that what it is when Trump says something you want to ignore?  A "sound bite?" LOL

Go ahead and take your chance, but you can stop trying to sell that crap sandwich.