Author Topic: OPEN THREAD FOR DEMOCRAT CONVENTION - Thursday, July 28  (Read 27114 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: OPEN THREAD FOR DEMOCRAT CONVENTION - Thursday, July 28
« Reply #375 on: July 29, 2016, 04:24:48 am »
We are better than FR.....aren't we? :shrug:

I am not an ambassador to this site nor do I care to be. This is a political forum where anyone can say whatever they want. I lay down my half assed opinions on an item and people can either read it or put me on ignore. Don't care either way.

If my single zing sent him off the rails there is obviously far more to it than me.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #376 on: July 29, 2016, 04:45:43 am »
That is their plan and he probably hasn't even read it. He talks about 40% tariffs and then starts talking about huge taxes on American companies doing business overseas. Some of them, he'd exempt some of course, like his own.

It more of a mercantilistic model that worked pretty well at the founding.

There is a good book by Gomery that shows how it works.  The idea is to make deals with similar countries like the UK and Canada.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

geronl

« Reply #377 on: July 29, 2016, 07:57:55 am »
It more of a mercantilistic model that worked pretty well at the founding.

That was the main reason we went to war against the British, that system.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #378 on: July 29, 2016, 10:08:04 am »
I know the Rah! Rah! Hillary! crew on this board will disagree but from what i have seen of the convention, it is tanking fast. Hillary, and/or her controllers, apparently do not understand her market or the American people.

I was happy to see so much of the convention dedicated to BLM and Global Warming with no American flags and all of that hippy weirdo stuff. Bill Clinton did his best to steal the show, but it fell flat. He is not nearly as popular as he may have been at one time.

In the long run, Obama's support for Hillary will wind up hurting her more than helping her. The guy has been a disaster not just to America, but to the whole world.

A steel worker in middle America does not give a damn about any of those things. So now, they have decided full on Desert Storm Amercia! Godammit! not realizing that this will turn off their Dem base and drive Sanders people further away.

I am not at all impressed with the Dem convention. I am not saying that as a conservative. As just a simple audience member watching it on the TV, it is confusing with no theme or central message, and it is boring as hell, full of dopey, drippy, love stories about what an angelic person Hillary is. I just don't believe anyone is buying this load of crap who hasn't already bought in to it, whether they are Dem or Indy.

Those who have underestimated Trump in the past and recently have paid the price for it. We can laugh and joke about Trump and his hair and tan all day long and it means nothing. That is nothing but childish nonsense. I still see Trump as having the upper hand, and this convention has done nothing to hurt his standing at all. I know that hurts the #neverTrump Hillary supports, but that is how I feel about it.

I support the Republican ticket. Cruz is not on it, therefore I support Trump as I supported Romney. Nothing in this convention has impressed me at all, and none of it has done anything to damage Trump or to change anyone's mind about what they have already decided to do. It is all just dogs and ponies dancing on a stage for idiots. The real campaign will start when all the circuses are over.

Real good rant, so I thought it was worth repeating it...thanks 240 for your levelheaded love of America and your #NeverHillary stance. :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #379 on: July 29, 2016, 11:44:21 am »
As mentioned..I have no clue who they are...but I will add...if you guys are set at driving off this site those who support the Republican candidate for pres. then you are not far from accomplishing that goal with me. Your insults and snarky personal remarks are what I would expect from Hillary supporters....but not here ...unless this is an anti-trump site now. At some point that distinction needs to be clarified.....

I have said the same thing a dozen times. But, it seems admin has not seen fit to clarify our purpose here.

Go, Go Hillary! (Well, I just wanted to be like everyone else here  :shrug:)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #380 on: July 29, 2016, 12:21:14 pm »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #381 on: July 29, 2016, 01:18:44 pm »
:beer:

Found the correct thread.  Your post on the other Convention thread had your pic shrunk down to nothing.  They're so cute over there.  ;)  Glad to see it here in all it's unabashed disglory of the Orange One.  ;)

Yeah the Mod on that thread has a thing for my posts!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

« Reply #382 on: July 29, 2016, 01:32:25 pm »
The thin line of parody again....

Offline ABX

« Reply #383 on: July 29, 2016, 01:34:03 pm »

Silver Pines

« Reply #384 on: July 29, 2016, 02:33:27 pm »
Something about Cruz's mom being a member of the Symbionese Liberation Army.

@Frank Cannon

Lol

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #385 on: July 29, 2016, 04:03:53 pm »
imgeraghty ‏@jimgeraghty  2m2 minutes ago
Trump will offer a 30-tweet Tweetstorm denouncing Hillary's accusation that he loses his temper at the slightest provocation.

Life imitating art, or just Donald Trump living up to his image?

Trump unloads on Clinton after speech
Let it burn.

geronl

« Reply #386 on: July 29, 2016, 04:09:03 pm »